Poll: Do you frequently tab out the game/go afk during a flight path?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Unless I was talking in guild chat or something, I always tab out- I actually tend to favor the Flight Paths for longer distances, instead of using my flying mount, since it lets me do other things.

If im not chatting in guild or real ID I alt tab because I know the wyvern/bat/gryphon/drake isn't going to take the most direct route to the destination. It is going to go around mountains for no reason.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them more if there were a parachute dismount button that let you leave the path early if you fly over a rare mob.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I immediatly alt tab by habit, even if it's a very quick flight. Caused me some trouble back when Grim batol was still considered a hard dungeon with pug group, I alt tabbed when I was supposed to shoot with the drake ;d

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, but I usually just tab out and take a quick break.

Some FP's are extremely slow because they take very odd routes. If you are insane and for some reason go from say moonglade to silithus, then you might as well take an hour break.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll usually tab out to facebook on my other monitor, but sometimes I stay and watch if I'm feeling really bored and want to check something on AtlasLoot or something.

If I'm not scrolling through atlasloot or some other random addon, then I usually utilize it as a time to do some pushups, pull-ups, a minor chore, or take a bathroom break. It's a nice excuse for a break.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I always have something on my second screen or tv so no I am not paying attention during these times I also do this when normally flying from one place to another as well. I line it up as a straight shot and will browse forums or whatnot.

When they introduced connected flight points I stopped watching whiling on flight paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a short one, I'll stay in game and probably chat with people or troll /general. If it's a long one then I afk to do stuff or just watch TV. Depends on the situation. Also, I'd rather actually use my ground mount and run from place to place, only use flight paths as a last resort (or if I have to do something quick IRL).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I like to look around at the things I'm passing, I might AFK every now and then on a taxi to go grab a drink/go to the bathroom, etc. But no more often than I'd do that autoflying on a mount.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd typically stay in the game most of the time, but on occasion I'll get up to do something quick (a drink, a quick snack etc.). In-game while flying? Look at missing achievements, unfilled reputations (Hmm, what to do next? ALL OF THEM!).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    I still use the Bejeweled Addon, whilst flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a flight path right now

yes and it happens to be a bit too long and ofc THATS when the dungeon/raid queue pops

10+ Year Old Account
    Dual screens, I'm flying somewhere right now. B)
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

There really should be something you can do while on a flight path, especially if it's a long distance. Maybe crafting? Or perhaps a minigame that lets you draft behind another flyers, catch "tradewinds", etc allowing you to move faster. Maybe have bombing-run style controls, and you can (if you feel so inclined) do a minor bit of damage (no tagging) and help random questers you fly over. Maybe make it like the SWTOR space system, but setup such that if you don't feel like doing any pewpew you'll still fly straight to your destination.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

I'm generally talking to people and flying let's me talk/type without having to worry about it. I have two monitors though, so it depends what I'm looking at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time that I used flight paths they only took a couple minutes so I would just watch. Other times I will minimize out and go on Youtube if it's a really long flight or just take a short nap if I'm tired (this is when I love flight paths).
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I rarely fly anywhere any more - it's just easier to press a flight path and alt tab.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh