10+ Year Old Account

Heroic SoO 25 Man Resto Shaman Healing Tips/Tricks

I am starting to get used to 25 man healing in Heroics coming from a 10 man. I was curious to know if people had different tips/tricks to maximize HPS on various bosses preferably the last four bosses. Looking for glyph choices, talent choices, when to pop certain cooldowns (when not called for by raid leader), etc. Just curious to see what the community is doing and see if I can pick up tricks along the way. Currently we are working Heroic Siegecrafter. I used fire ele glyph, riptide, and healing stream totem for glyphs and used rushing streams/PE for talent swaps. I popped fire ele/ ascendance during magnet phase along with Spiritwalkers Grace and spammed chain heal. Our healing comp that night was 2 Disc, 1 druid, Pally, Resto Sham (Me). Using HTT after magnets are done (for our strat its a dmg/movement into position) helps keep everyone topped off while moving into position. Thanks!

What I do personally for the last 3 bosses on Heroic:

Siegecrafter - Glyphs: Chaining, Healing Stream Totem, and between Totemic Recall and Spiritwalker's Grace depending on if you have any mana issues.
    Only important talent here I would say is Earthgrab Totem to root mines if they are getting closed to the ranged stack. During Magnets put down a Healing Rain where the raid is stacked and primarily heal tanks and chain heal off them since it will be glyphed.

Paragons - Glyphs: Chaining, Healing Stream Totem, Totemic Recall.
    No important non-standard talent choices here. You can Healing Tide/Ascendance early in the fight while people are taking feed damage and they will be back up for Fiery Edges.

Garrosh - Glyphs: Capacitor Totem (for stunning Jade Temple adds), Spiritwalker's Grace, Totemic Recall (didn't really have mana issues but nothing else worth using really)
    There are a lot of different strats for this fight and tips will change depending on them but you will always want to make sure Healing Stream is off cd for Whirlings in P2/P3.
    Last edited by fenrez; 2013-12-14 at 03:02 AM.

I didn't really use any non traditional glyph or talent options for either Paragons or Siegecrafter. I also didn't use the Chaining glyph for either fight. For Siegecrafter, I can't see how it would be needed; the ranged and melee groups are both generally stacked. For Paragons, I can see the benefit, but I personally prefer the ability to spam it during high damage phases over having it always be usable but having the cooldown inhibit AoE burst. I was actually asked not to use Earthgrab Totem on Siegecrafter, because we found it easier to just have more sources of consistent slows to ensure coverage over roots.

For most fights, I used a pretty standard glyph/talent setup.

Glyphs - Healing Stream Totem, Totemic Recall, Telluric Currents. I don't by any means use Lightning Bolt very much, but it is a decent option for minor mana regen when there is nothing else to do (all too frequent even on the last 3 bosses). I also don't think there is another major glyph really worth using. The SWG glyph is not highly useful, because you almost never have a situation where you need 20 seconds of movement instead of 15. Healing Wave is cast so rarely that the glyph is nearly useless. The Riptide, Chaining and Water Shield glyphs are only useful in niche situations, and are self nerfs in many situations.

Default Talents - Astral Shift, Windwalk Totem, Totemic Projection, Ancestral Swiftness, Rushing Streams, Primal Elementalist.

The only talent there that is somewhat controversial is Totemic Projection over Call of the Elements or possibly Persistence. I just find that especially in a progression environment, the ability to directionally place SLT as well as move water totems and Stormlash in range of everyone on highly spread fights is worth a lot more than the ~1% theoretical output increase from one of the other talents. If you would have to run in to place SLT without it (I know this isn't the case every fight), you probably lose as much output anyway.

Fight specific changes:
    There really aren't that many of these.

Malkorok - If you want the absolute maximum healing meter numbers, you want glyphed Riptide and Ancestral Guidance, and then blow HTT, AG and Ascendance on the pull. It is largely just meter padding though (and logs are completely screwy on this fight), and arguably the passive healing from Rushing Streams topping off shields during the soaking phases is more useful to raid survivability. Glyph Riptide because it registers as 0% overheal typically.

Thok - Glyph Riptide and Water Shield. It is much easier to just spam Riptide between HR cooldowns then it is to try and mix in Chain Heal casts between screeches. The Water Shield glyph is a huge mp5 increase on this fight because WS procs at a ridiculous frequency on Thok. You can spam Riptide and not even come closing to OOMing. I would still go with Rushing Streams over AG or Conductivity on this fight, but lots of people swear by AG or Conductivity.

Garrosh - Take Stone Bulwark Totem, Ancestral Guidance and Totemic Persistence. SBT generally beats Astral Shift on this fight, because all of the dangerous damage you take (Annhilate, Whirling Corruption, Malice) is of a longish duration ticking nature. AG is (like most fights) a raw throughput loss over Rushing Streams, but it is one of the fights where I feel taking it helps raid survivability a lot. It gives you the option to stack it with Ascendance for a ridiculously powerful raid cooldown, or the option to space them out and have something available for every annihilate and whirling corruption. Burst healing is just significantly more important than passive top up type healing on this fight. I prefer Persistence, because (1) you are stacked most of the fight and don't need Projection (2) being able to stack HTT and HST together helps with burst and (3) being able to use Earth Elemental and Stone Bulwark at once (as well as drop Tremor without overwriting one of them) is amazing for the second heart phase. You can just not worry about getting the damage reduction buff with Earth Elemental+SBT up.

I didn't use the Capacitor glyph, because the stun I was getting needed to go off almost exactly 5 seconds after we engaged the group of adds, so just dropping unglyphed Capacitor immediately was fine. Make sure you have Windwalk Totem for this fight too, because you can use it to remove hamstring effects from the adds (or from MCed players) when the engineer dps needs to go kill the engineer or when the raid is moving out for empowered whirling.

On thok peoplle only use AG if the raid lack CD's, usually its good for 10 man...not for 25 when you have 21041284120412945012950 cds...

What kind of haste rating do you guys run for 25s? And is the rest put into crit or spirit for regen?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarim View Post
    What kind of haste rating do you guys run for 25s? And is the rest put into crit or spirit for regen?
    9100 haste (non goblin) and put the rest into crit. I'm running about 14k spirit

Deleted
    A lot of good information above, I would also like to emphasize on how underrated Glyph of Chaining is. I use it on most of the fights with the exceptions being Garrosh, Thok and Norushen.

For cooldowns try to coordinate with your co-healers, plan ahead and react quick when shit hits the fan.