Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You must be new here because I was posting about NMS in this thread well before its release and fallowing it.

Seems all you can do is deflect and not admit its your fault you bought a bad game. Hello Games didn't point a gun to your head and make you buy it. Be a adult and accept the consequences of your action.

You didn't inform yourself of the game and therefore bought a shit game. Notice have many (myself included) didn't buy it, that's because we knew before and after it was going to be a shit show.

No matter how much they lied and how shit the game is, They don't deserve death threats and shit.

Stop acting like a spoiled brat and own up to the fact you made a bad consumer choice.
    So essentially: be paranoid as fuck and don't trust anything anyone says.
    The only "bad" decision I've made is that I trusted that they won't lie and deceive about something that's bound to come out anyway. If that's a bad consumer choice in your opinion then you shouldn't take the high road on the shit Sean is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    he's still being investigated.
    It's not about a fucking game, it's about my hard earned money you jobless social fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

You steal my money, you're open season for me.
    You chose to buy it. Nobody made you. You could have happily waited until after launch and reviews and what not had come in. I did and I saved myself money which went towards other games. At least a week after launch the complaints about what was missing came in.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-28 at 03:39 PM.

The only "bad" decision I've made is that I trusted that they won't lie and deceive about something that's bound to come out anyway. If that's a bad consumer choice in your opinion then you shouldn't take the high road on the shit Sean is getting.
    No its called do research on a product before buying it. Has nothing to do with being paranoid. Your as bad as the person who spilled hot coffee on themselves, Even tho it was labeled (Warring contents is hot).

You didn't need it day 1 and could have waited. You made a impulse buy and paid for it, that is all on you champ.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yes. Now you get it. This is an industry where the modern developer sees the consumer as a fool to be tricked in some fashion. They are not your friends, they dont give a fuck about you past your money. Its a corporate business. They got your money. You lost. Learn from it in future. NEVER buy a game week of release, never ever pre order and always remember your money is the only vote that counts.

No its called do research on a product before buying it. Has nothing to do with being paranoid. Your as bad as the person who spilled hot coffee on themselves, Even tho it was labeled (Warring contents is hot).

You didn't need it day 1 and could have waited. You made a impulse buy and paid for it, that is all on you champ.
    This so much. Wait till the dust has settled when it comes to hugely hyped games because well look what happened with this.

10+ Year Old Account

I wish more people thought like this. People buying on impulses has, in a way, molded the market to cater to the hype. Look where that led the gaming industry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yes. Now you get it. This is an industry where the modern developer sees the consumer as a fool to be tricked in some fashion. They are not your friends, they dont give a fuck about you past your money. Its a corporate business. They got your money. You lost. Learn from it in future. NEVER buy a game week of release, never ever pre order and always remember your money is the only vote that counts.
    As an ex AAA developer, I take offense in that. Most devs care a lot about what people think about the games they've worked on. I remember watching several twitch streams when the game I worked on was released - along with reading pretty much any reviews I could get my hand on.

On the other hand, marketing and management mostly don't.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I wish more people thought like this. People buying on impulses has, in a way, molded the market to cater to the hype. Look where that led the gaming industry.
    Hell even I admit I pre-order and buy on impulses at times. But if I buy a shit game I own up to it and refuse to buy from said devs again. I don't send death threats or some shit.

If I do decide to buy from said devs (Example: Ubisoft) I do lots of research and may wait for a sell.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'm still amazed people thought a goddamn PS4 could run the universe they promised. The "omg, literally in tears, this is the god game" reactions from the "cult of you can go there/do anything" seemed to so desperately want another golden calf after all the other "s-skryims got infinite quests, todd said so!" let downs.

Why do folks never stop, think or at least learn?

I'm still amazed people thought a goddamn PS4 could run the universe they promised. The "omg, literally in tears, this is the god game" reactions from the "cult of you can go there/do anything" seemed to so desperately want another golden calf after all the other "s-skryims got infinite quests, todd said so!" let downs.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't recall people claiming the PS4 wasn't capable of running the game that Hello Games promised. Were you pointing this out before the game was released? What you are doing there is berating consumers for being lied to.

Deleted
    Slight update:

SM asking HG if "are you still hacked and stuff?" because apparently, leaning across his desk in the office is difficult? ;p

HG reply: "100% not hacked anymore... obviously those mails and that tweet were fake. Back to work ������������������������������������"

Looks dubious to me, why would SM ask via Twitter if still hacked, instead of asking other staff directly, unless this was just their weird way of letting the news that hack was fixed (not that I really believe in the hack in first place).

Perhaps SM was already in some retreat to escape from it all ;p

I thought this one was funny at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that's quite a chain of events, great for team popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Wow that's quite a chain of events, great for team popcorn
    Yeah, what an unexpected bubble of excitement. I think it's the first time anything has really happened publicly from their side since the game launched >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Twitter drama was more entertaining than the game. I still love how nobody is even talking about the game anymore and just the drama over it. Makes me happy when hipster western indie devs get shat on for making the most generic games they can.

Because people are mostly stupid, that's a scientific proven fact. Telling people for years to not preorder, to not buy anything at day1, and they still do it and some even take pride in their actions. Even after they realise they've been fucked...

Still, that does not make false advertising good or accepted. I certainly hope the hell which hello games gets now will be an example for next game developers who are in for some sweet lies and quicky cash grabs for their shit-tier product. Because, lets face it, gaming industry really needs some regulations.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Sony is still throwing their support behind NMS : https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...adbpr=36969785

It will be interesting to see if there is a big "re-release" patch in November to coincide with the bundle release. Or Sony could just be doing some clever book keeping tactics
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Sony is still throwing their support behind NMS : https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...adbpr=36969785

It will be interesting to see if there is a big "re-release" patch in November to coincide with the bundle release. Or Sony could just be doing some clever book keeping tactics
    Or the game sold well enough on PS4 that they felt that it would be an attractive game to include in the bundle despite the controversy surrounding it.

Not sure what "clever book keeping tactics" has to do with anything.

If you did research on launch day all you would find are the lies told by Sean. Also, the coffee example makes you look like an idiot. She was 100% in the right as McDonald's was keeping their coffee at scalding levels, unreasonably high temperatures and they had been warned not to do so before. Warning labels don't absolve you of responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    If you did research on launch day all you would find are the lies told by Sean. Also, the coffee example makes you look like an idiot. She was 100% in the right as McDonald's was keeping their coffee at scalding levels, unreasonably high temperatures and they had been warned not to do so before. Warning labels don't absolve you of responsibility.
    So its the cigarette company's fault you get cancer even tho the label tells you that you will.

Also no what you would find day 1 of NMS's release is a fuck ton of people streaming the game. You didn't need to buy it day 1 ether, you could wait a week and see what reviews came out. So yes once again it is your fault if you buy a bad video game. This is 2016 and info is just one click a way. If you get a bad product its on you champ.

But hey say your are correct (your not) for giggles.

That still doesn't warrant death threats and shit that they received. Want to be pissed fine but there is a line and when you cross it the fault is on you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not sure what "clever book keeping tactics" has to do with anything.
    In order to "justify" any marketing/support of it they could be including it in the bundle in order to boost copies of the game sold that normally wouldn't sell. Its why you often see bundles of various products. The better ones boost sales of the lesser product while making the consumer think they got a great deal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."