Thread: No Man's Sky

Deleted
    New update:

10+ Year Old Account
    Another solid update, I bought it a few months back, sunk twenty hours in but got a bit bored. Seemed decent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    As someone who gave them a lot of shit before (which I still find it deserved) I have to admit that the support they keep giving to this game is fucking impressive, and it’s really looking pretty decent now.
    and all of that content... is absolutely FREE! =D

Brilliant buisness plan of minimal designers + great profits = very very happy well-paid workers who can now do a job because they LOVE it, not just because they have to meet XYZ quota for bonuses, ect!

Seriously, I just can't get over how much stuff they've kept pumping out, especially after NEXT's release! It's been less than a month when Abyss came out, and BLAM, here's another major update! >_<

Is this a sequal to the (no man's land) ?

I just hope they keep Sean Murray away from interviews in future releases, the guy clearly wasn't made for that shit.
    Eh, people can learn and grow. I think it's hurtful to yourself and others to think you can't progress.

I just hope they keep Sean Murray away from interviews in future releases, the guy clearly wasn't made for that shit.
    Clearly you’ve not been following NMS for a while now as Sean Murray came out of hiding quite a few months ago and did an interview when promoting NEXT. Also, upon the great reaction it gave he put out a statement saying he learned from his mistakes and vowed only to talk of things that are not planned, but are 100% going in the next version... and he’s kept very well to that promise, only talking about patches when unveiled and communicating via Twitter.

I know it’s fun to dog the guy at the time, but this is one of those rare moments where a developer admited he effed up and very clearly made ammends while, most importantly, didn’t blame the audience for their reaction. Right now, that’s a VERY rare thing indeed in the industry as most uppity devs these days would rather bitch about their customers being “entitled” or some shit *coughdoyounothavephonescough* than turn around and do the right thing.

I suppose the trend for modern games is to release shit tier stuff at full price to make revenue so they can actually pump out decent stuff over time. Honestly, i like the direction this game has taken, though i'm gonna still wait some more and get it later on at a discount.

I'm a strong supporter of "if a game is objectively good, doesn't matter when i play it".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I just went back and watched a few video of this Sean Murray guy. It was so damn uncomfortable and far exceeds the whole Diablo shitshow at Blizzcon. It was like he did not know that people would hunt him down. Like wtf lol.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-11-23 at 12:32 PM.

It's at 50% off in Steam right now, you'll prolly manage to get a 75% next year though.
    Nice, i'll be busy with Darksiders 3 in the next period and WoW, so i'm gonna pass on it for now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Did they ever add the in game factions and fleets that would fight each other that you could side with? I remember them talking about that a while back.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I love elite dangerous and have wanted to try this game but its release was so epically bad I wrote it off. How is it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I love elite dangerous and have wanted to try this game but its release was so epically bad I wrote it off. How is it now?
    You can find the answer here:
    https://i.redd.it/q851j155mb021.jpg

It's at 50% off in Steam right now, you'll prolly manage to get a 75% next year though.

The guy was clearly nervous as hell, probably never done anything like it, it’s just the “nerdy gamer developer” kind of guy, you start bombarding him with questions in front of a crowd and the guy starts sweating bullets.
    Given the good things I've heard about it recently, I think I might give it a shot (when it gets a little lower, so my poorass can afford it).

How does mp work? Is it like mhw?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I suppose the trend for modern games is to release shit tier stuff at full price to make revenue so they can actually pump out decent stuff over time. Honestly, i like the direction this game has taken, though i'm gonna still wait some more and get it later on at a discount.

I'm a strong supporter of "if a game is objectively good, doesn't matter when i play it".
    To be fair, after their horrible launch Steam was allowing refunds even for people that had played more than the usual 1 hour limit for a refund. They had tons of people refund the game at launch and still kept creating content for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    To be fair, after their horrible launch Steam was allowing refunds even for people that had played more than the usual 1 hour limit for a refund. They had tons of people refund the game at launch and still kept creating content for the game.
    Im one of those who got a refund 2 hours after I bought it.
    I'm reading great stuff about it now so who knows.

Might try it out again

The game has definitely improved a hell of a lot since launch. I mean I wouldn't say it's an amazing game now but it's definitely a good one. Picked it up on PS4 for £15 and it plays well.

Credit to them for actually trying but as for that Sean Murray fellow well just don't let him do the PR for any future games that the company does imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Im one of those who got a refund 2 hours after I bought it.
    I'm reading great stuff about it now so who knows.

Might try it out again
    It's worth it I'd say, especially if you catch it on sale and have some friends to play it with.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 2 hour limit, and no, they didn't, the reports about it were fake, Steam never rly refunded whoever went over the limit.
    I don't know enough one way or the other to say otherwise so I'll just take your word for it.

Don't, because that's what I remember from the discussion about it over in the thread, I might be wrong.

Edited: Ah, here you go: https://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-refunds/
    That's what they said officially. Me and my friend got refunds after 2 hours played and I'm thinking it's pretty unlikely we were the only ones in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    That's what they said officially. Me and my friend got refunds after 2 hours played and I'm thinking it's pretty unlikely we were the only ones in the world
    My brother and I both got refunds well after the 2 hour limit as well. Like you, No way we or you were the only ones.