Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It's definitely not a bad game now. Well worth the price you can usually find it at.

It still isn't quite what it was promised to be, but... eh.
    Yeah. I'd say 6-7/10 game at most for now.

Still a lot of room for improvement, it's good that it didn't abandon it however as I said the improvements should have been in the launch of the game.

I clocked in around 35 hours during launch but stopped playing due to maxing my ship and exosuit at the time while reaching the center.

I'm currently clocked in at 91 hours and still enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It still isn't quite what it was promised to be, but... eh.
    I feel it delivers on its promises now.

I made a huge mistake. . . . 45 hours in, I was drinking and I decided to help a shitty freighter that was under attack. I killed the pirates and received a C class freighter for free. . . with like 15 slots. . . . god damn waste. . . . Dont drink and play NMS kids. . . or you will end up with a shit freighter like me. . . . I was saving it for the day I found a S class. . . . . god damn you Stella Artois. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I made a huge mistake. . . . 45 hours in, I was drinking and I decided to help a shitty freighter that was under attack. I killed the pirates and received a C class freighter for free. . . with like 15 slots. . . . god damn waste. . . . Dont drink and play NMS kids. . . or you will end up with a shit freighter like me. . . . I was saving it for the day I found a S class. . . . . god damn you Stella Artois. . . .
    How do you determine what freighter you save is an S class? Or do you always get it as a free option if you keep declining accepting them?

It would be almost worth starting over considering the price of best ones.

I expect it to be on some good sales this holiday

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    How do you determine what freighter you save is an S class? Or do you always get it as a free option if you keep declining accepting them?

It would be almost worth starting over considering the price of best ones.

I thought it was by the freighter type. I was saving my free freighter for when I found a "star destroyer" in need of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I feel your pain, I've made similar mistakes when sober in this game. heh.

At least for me, its more about the experience and the exploration.

This is one of those games where watching it on youtube can ruin your own personal sense of discovery and accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Just going from my old save it seems like they made base building more grindy. You need chromatic to get your base started again which requires 3 elements and a mixer which you cant build until you have a base. Ended up just purchasing the premade ship shield boost I think to install it then dismantle it for the mats needed to build a base.

Base items seem to require a shit ton more mats and now with all the updated elements you can't just farm the area around you base for everything. Also backpack upgrades all seem to require mats now(at least on planets) which end up requiring mats that can cost more than the units it used to take AND may not be in the area of the droppod so you risk the chance of losing the location of the pod unless you leave your ship there and hoof it.

Considering the mats needed for more shit I wish they would have increased stack sizes again.
    Late post, but...

Chromatic can be made simply with 2 copper = 1 chromatic in the basic refiner you first make. Its part of the tutorial.

There is a backpack space upgrade on space stations that still takes money unlike the drop pod on planet.

The game definitely has come a long way and continues to get great updates, I am glad they decided to keep working on it.

New community event going on atm.

This game is getting more interesting with every patch
    I was thinking about giving it another chance but I'm curious about player fleet - can it be deployed to assist player in real time combat and fight against enemy fleets?
    I like big space battles

New update on its way, improving the underwater stuff. Won't be as big and detailed as subnautica, but this game is focused on that, and that alone. But its nice to see they are still working on improving the game, and underwater was one of those thing that needed improvement.

Meh. So I get to swim around looking at new plants and fish. IMO they really need to improve some of the game's core systems before adding stuff like this. You still can't even sell or trade ships yet.

Deleted
    New update:

Another solid update, I bought it a few months back, sunk twenty hours in but got a bit bored. Seemed decent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    As someone who gave them a lot of shit before (which I still find it deserved) I have to admit that the support they keep giving to this game is fucking impressive, and it’s really looking pretty decent now.
    and all of that content... is absolutely FREE! =D

Brilliant buisness plan of minimal designers + great profits = very very happy well-paid workers who can now do a job because they LOVE it, not just because they have to meet XYZ quota for bonuses, ect!

Seriously, I just can't get over how much stuff they've kept pumping out, especially after NEXT's release! It's been less than a month when Abyss came out, and BLAM, here's another major update! >_<

Is this a sequal to the (no man's land) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I just hope they keep Sean Murray away from interviews in future releases, the guy clearly wasn't made for that shit.
    Eh, people can learn and grow. I think it's hurtful to yourself and others to think you can't progress.