Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Maybe I'll actually complete an expedition for a reward like that. I got bored of the first one lol.
    This one is far shorter, with fewer objectives in each phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You have until May 31st to get it. My Expedition 2 savegame has less than 5 hours of playtime on it. If you know what you're doing in the game it'll be a breeze. If you don't it'll still only be slightly longer than that, it's a fast expedition.
    I hate these limited time events. Seems way too little for something that needed a collaboration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Man, the sound of ships is grating since the update. So loud and annoying.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The new Update looks amazing. Truly the best redemption arc of the last decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, NMS is freakin epic. The Prisim update looks like the foundation for something much bigger in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

The new Update looks amazing. Truly the best redemption arc of the last decade.
    That looks amazing. Are the big giant worm things new? haven't played since they made your bases need generators.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    That looks amazing. Are the big giant worm things new? haven't played since they made your bases need generators.
    They were added in September or so of last year with update 3.0. Prisms is 3.5.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You should hop back on. You're in for a treat.

Playing No Man's Sky was never my cup of tea but compared to the other spaceship games Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen they are really knocking it out of the park with added content.

All of the added content is either hugely visual or lightweight superficial content, though. Like derelict freighters. Snoozefest after the first one, pretty snoozefest during it. They have cool ideas and deliver the most vanilla wafer executions of all of them. Don't get me wrong, it's still appreciated and they are definitely my most redeemed company/game of all-time, but the game itself is still as broad as Texas but as shallow as a kiddy pool.

Been playing all morning and it's so fucking dope.

The gift (?) that just keeps on giving. I would probably sell my soul for CD Projekt Red to do the same...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like "my home" system is paying off again. The settlement quest that popped up brought me to one that had a mountain and near water for a very scenic location. To bad we can't pick the location (or maybe you can later on) because I'd have loved to have a settlement pop up around my base that I am building around a volcano like mountain (natural hole in the center that I put orange lights in to simulate lava)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

the amount of content NMS keeps putting out really is something
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The premise behind so much of NMS's stuff is so cool but the implementation is always just surface fluff that is ultimately inconsequential. Case in point derelict freighters. I'll wait to see if this adds anything actually meaningful to the game or if it's just group base building 2.0.

What I'd be looking for in something like this settlements update is for settlements getting sacked to have actual lasting effects. For reputation and whatever amongst your populace to have effects.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-09-01 at 09:05 PM.

Game is completely unplayable right now, but they're dropping 3 patches a day on unstable.
    Give it a few weeks i guess.

I had to switch off multiplayer because I had player bases spawning everywhere, sometimes in thin air (because I had dug out there previously). I also had issues with building, I couldn't put down my refiner or base computer anywhere (I tried finding a place several hundred u's away but no luck) but close to my ship but I couldn't build or claim that land because a player base was nearby (a bit of a catch-22 situation).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I had to switch off multiplayer because I had player bases spawning everywhere, sometimes in thin air (because I had dug out there previously). I also had issues with building, I couldn't put down my refiner or base computer anywhere (I tried finding a place several hundred u's away but no luck) but close to my ship but I couldn't build or claim that land because a player base was nearby (a bit of a catch-22 situation).
    I definitely turn off online as well when I know it's gonna be crowded.