Thread: No Man's Sky

  1. #3861
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    One thing I did.. its a grind but it works, but you might not be there yet. Anyway, if it can help you at some point and without spoiling, at some point you'll be able to buy blueprints, and in those there are Exocrafts. You can learn the roamer, its a basic vehicule, as well as radar blueprint upgrades for it. Once you have that, and you know the mats you need to craft the geobay to spawn it, all you need to do now is to hunt drop pods. You get on a planet, craft the geobay and place it, spawn the roamer. Get in, use the radar to search for drop pod, it will scan and tell you the closest. Get out, leave the roamer there but deconstruct the geobay to get the mats back, get in your ship and fly there.

    Do the drop pod "fix", you basically have to fix the drop pod with 3 things. Tt usually requires cobalt, salt, copper, antimatter.. stuff like that. If its too hard/expensive, find another planet, they are all the same on a same planet. What it does is once you fixed the thing, you may upgrade either your suit slot, your tech slots or your cargo slot, for free. Same as you do a single time in each space station, but its free (outside of the required mats). When its done, spawn your roamer at your new location and repeat. Since you already crafted the geobay, even if you deconstructed it, as long as the roamer is on the planet you can respawn it anywhere. Use this to scan again, and repeat the process.

    I farmed full inventory, cargo and tech slots like that. It takes some times but yeah, there is that solution
    Dang yeah I haven't found any of that yet. Did come across a drop pod once, fixed two of the three but I've no clue how to get antimatter yet. Once I've got my inventory situation sorted I'll definitely be hunting more drop pods. Thank you for this strategy.
    You think you don't, but you do

  2. #3862
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Dang yeah I haven't found any of that yet. Did come across a drop pod once, fixed two of the three but I've no clue how to get antimatter yet. Once I've got my inventory situation sorted I'll definitely be hunting more drop pods. Thank you for this strategy.
    anti matter is crafted if i remember correctly, drop pods are a cheap way to get some extra inv spaces, also to make some easy money you can find crashed ships and sell them or fix them up if they are better.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  3. #3863
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's like a million credits to upgrade my ship's inventory which is an insane amount of money for me at the moment. And I've unlocked a couple new inventory spots visiting a Space Station and its traders.

    But there's nothing I can do to quickly and vastly increase my storage?
    There are some very easy ways to make a lot of money. If you want to not ruin that bit of the game for yourself, look into trading resources between systems.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  4. #3864
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Dang yeah I haven't found any of that yet. Did come across a drop pod once, fixed two of the three but I've no clue how to get antimatter yet. Once I've got my inventory situation sorted I'll definitely be hunting more drop pods. Thank you for this strategy.
    No problem. You'll get the recipe while playing the story, its needed to wrap to another system for the hyper space fuel.

  5. #3865
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Freighters seem pretty far out from where I'm at story/money wise but I'm definitely looking forward to it now.
    The game hands you one free, usually within the first few systems you visit, if you save the freighter that's under attack. If you missed it, don't worry, freighters will keep coming under attack. If you see the freighter you saved isn't very good after checking its specs with the cpt, refuse to keep it and make him pay you; you'll keep coming across more freighters that need saving every couple of systems, and there will eventually be some decent ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  6. #3866

  7. #3867
    The gift that keeps on giving

  8. #3868
    I feel like I should give the game a try again. Last time I played was when they introduced the derelicts, I think.

    Since then there have been a few interesting additions.

  9. #3869
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    New patch.
    It's cool conceptually, but I'm weary this is just like every other NMS feature they've added where it's all superficial.

    For example, what I'd want this to be is something where I can get a spanning reputation as a pirate. Hunted by space authorities, disallowed from landing on normal space stations, and a lot of high-stakes space combat.

    What I expect this to be is a few lightweight wall-o-text quests, some more of the standard boring (small scale, like 3 ships or less) space combat, and absolutely no persistent consequences to my pirating escapades.

    Maybe in another 5 years we'll see them improve existing systems and features to be deeper instead of releasing lightweight versions of new content types.

    I just want all the features of the game to be as fleshed out as base building is, since that's definitely the pinnacle feature of the game.

    Their trailers always do a good job of letting your imagination sell you an experience you'll never get.
    ---
    EDIT:
    https://kotaku.com/no-man-s-sky-outl...YydL5CgwzX0hi8

    Space Combat

    Space combat has been overhauled for speed and excitement. Handling has been improved, weapons have new visual effects and enemy starships now have shields. Depth has also been added to weapon selection with a variety of specialist secondary effects, such as slowing enemy engines or disabling shield systems. Ship-to-ship combat can now occur within a planet’s atmosphere too - and pirates may raid your settlements. For those who find Space Combat difficult, flight accessibility has been significantly improved with a new Auto-Follow mode.
    Hmm... maybe I'm wrong and I'll be pleasantly surprised! I'd love that.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2022-04-13 at 03:44 PM.

  10. #3870
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    It's cool conceptually, but I'm weary this is just like every other NMS feature they've added where it's all superficial.

    For example, what I'd want this to be is something where I can get a spanning reputation as a pirate. Hunted by space authorities, disallowed from landing on normal space stations, and a lot of high-stakes space combat.

    What I expect this to be is a few lightweight wall-o-text quests, some more of the standard boring (small scale, like 3 ships or less) space combat, and absolutely no persistent consequences to my pirating escapades.

    Maybe in another 5 years we'll see them improve existing systems and features to be deeper instead of releasing lightweight versions of new content types.

    I just want all the features of the game to be as fleshed out as base building is, since that's definitely the pinnacle feature of the game.

    Their trailers always do a good job of letting your imagination sell you an experience you'll never get.
    ---
    EDIT:
    https://kotaku.com/no-man-s-sky-outl...YydL5CgwzX0hi8


    Hmm... maybe I'm wrong and I'll be pleasantly surprised! I'd love that.
    No Mans Sky is a very horizontal game, lots of features with very little depth. It will never be a game I play for months, I usually let a few patches drop have enough content for a week or two to play through.

  11. #3871
    They have twitch drops going again for the next 5 days:
    https://twitch.nomanssky.com/#signup

  12. #3872
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,430
    I think I skipped the last two patches. Booted the game up for Outlaws and for the first time had to get a little sweaty in a dogfight. Good times. Also actually retreated from some sentinels (I guess I left off with a multi-tool I was repairing).

    I wonder how the patch works for newer people, or scales. Because i felt like pirates were sponges until I switched to my decked out fighter.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  13. #3873
    Not sure if they hotfixed it but the update had/has a bug where you can get infinite units/nanites by placing items in your ships cargo hold and selling them and If you sell them to traders and not the market the demand for the product doesn't go down. You can also get infinite mats if you sell an item on the galactic trade network that it also sells. Just sell to it a could hundred times then buy everything back.

  14. #3874
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,892
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I wonder how the patch works for newer people, or scales. Because i felt like pirates were sponges until I switched to my decked out fighter.
    Pirates seem pretty easy with just the starter expedition ship. Photon canon to bring their shields down then switch to rockets for the kill. They did changed weapons effectiveness so maybe you just had the wrong type for shields. Or auto-track for combat makes hitting way to easy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #3875
    The solar sail ships look so good.

    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-04-17 at 10:46 PM.

  16. #3876
    Do you guys ever start new characters? I have a lot of stuff completed with my "main". In fact so much that there isn't much else than what these updates bring to even complete.

    It would reset all upgrades, ships, bases, unlocks, everything, but I feel like I could get perhaps better experience again, if I dont have everything ready and at maximum power.

  17. #3877
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Do you guys ever start new characters? I have a lot of stuff completed with my "main". In fact so much that there isn't much else than what these updates bring to even complete.

    It would reset all upgrades, ships, bases, unlocks, everything, but I feel like I could get perhaps better experience again, if I dont have everything ready and at maximum power.
    Theres Expeditions. They aren't like a complete reset since the progression path is guided/accelerated but its something people do. For people who don't know, Expeditions are the games form of 'seasons' in other games where you have a seasonal character with the goal of hitting xyz milestones before the season is up. Rewards are generally cosmetics you can us on your 'main'.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  18. #3878
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Theres Expeditions. They aren't like a complete reset since the progression path is guided/accelerated but its something people do. For people who don't know, Expeditions are the games form of 'seasons' in other games where you have a seasonal character with the goal of hitting xyz milestones before the season is up. Rewards are generally cosmetics you can us on your 'main'.
    This current expedition also gave a ship with a giant inventory limit. Haven't seen anything comparable yet. 35 extended cargo slots (in addition to all the others) is pretty crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  19. #3879
    New Roguelike Expedition with a space whale "pet"/frigate:

    https://www.nomanssky.com/2022/05/ex...ven-leviathan/

  20. #3880
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,430
    Roguelike? That's my weakness!

    Didn't expect to play two updates back to back.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •