Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So its the cigarette company's fault you get cancer even tho the label tells you that you will.

Also no what you would find day 1 of NMS's release is a fuck ton of people streaming the game. You didn't need to buy it day 1 ether, you could wait a week and see what reviews came out. So yes once again it is your fault if you buy a bad video game. This is 2016 and info is just one click a way. If you get a bad product its on you champ.

But hey say your are correct (your not) for giggles.

That still doesn't warrant death threats and shit that they received. Want to be pissed fine but there is a line and when you cross it the fault is on you.
    You're an idiot, you don't know what you're talking about (even the FDA looks down upon warning labels as a risk mitigation, and they're never an excuse for negligence), and you don't know how to use fucking contractions. Seriously, how many times are you going to use the wrong form of YOU'RE?

How you can blame the consumer for believing the lies they were told is beyond me.

I enjoyed the game long enough for it to be just out of the steam refund period. Tried to get a refund for false advertising, steam wouldn't give it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    You're an idiot, you don't know what you're talking about (even the FDA looks down upon warning labels as a risk mitigation, and they're never an excuse for negligence), and you don't know how to use fucking contractions. Seriously, how many times are you going to use the wrong form of YOU'RE?

How you can blame the consumer for believing the lies they were told is beyond me.
    Ya just keep blaming everyone else for the choices you make.

You buy a bad game its on you. There is these things called Reviews, Lets Play's and Streams you can watch. But naw you rather not put in any leg work and blame others for you being a bad consumer.

Sorry champ but ignorance isn't a excuse. The devs are at fault for lying that I won't deny. But the consumer is at fault for not doing research on the product they wish to buy. Also once again like I said even if you was correct (You are not) that still doesn't justify death threats and shit.

Be pissed and state how pissed you are in a constructive manner, that's fine. But once you start making death threats you are in the wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    No its called do research on a product before buying it. Has nothing to do with being paranoid. Your as bad as the person who spilled hot coffee on themselves, Even tho it was labeled (Warring contents is hot).
    I assume you are referring to the famous hot coffee case. I'll also assume that you have no actual knowledge of that case. More then 700 reports of injuries from the temperature of McDonalds coffee existed before the famous trial. The jury awarded her 3 million in punative damages because McDonalds failed to change any policies as a result of all of those injuries as a direct result of their coffee. McDonalds even testified that it was unfit for consumption at those temperatures because it would burn the mouth and throat when poured into Styrofoam cups. They served it at 180 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. The case became less about the ladies injuries and more about a companies total disregard for customer safety. Caution: Hot or knowledge that coffee is hot isn't the same as knowledge that it will give you third degree burns in 3 to 5 seconds.

It has nothing to do with impulse buying to talk about the actual topic. Purchasing on day 1 isn't always an impulse buy. There were very little pre-release reviews as HG (and Sony for that matter) didn't release early copies to reviewers because of the Day 0 patch that changed a lot from the gold master. At what magical number is something no longer an impulse buy? 2 days? 3? A week? A month? Impulse has little to do with the time from release of the game. But seeing as how you grossly misunderstand the famous hot coffee lawsuit it is understanding that you don't understand impulse.

- - - Updated - - -

You buy a bad game its on you. There is these things called Reviews, Lets Play's and Streams you can watch. But naw you rather not put in any leg work and blame others for you being a bad consumer.
    Which all were not available before the release of the game. They also were not all sure that certain items were non-existent. No amount of reviews, lets play, and streams would have told you that multiplayer wasn't in the game. It was a lucky occurrence because of a stream that lead to that revelation. But the stream itself wouldn't have shown that to happen if the watcher wasn't near the same point. Eventually it could have come out though.

But how long should you wait to buy a game? And how long should you wait to make sure all the truth has come out in the various Reviews? Those things have been known to show skewed versions of the truth. For example look at the outrage of the perceived attunement for the new WoW 5-man Return to Karazhan. A WoW blog site reported that it required an order hall mission in order to attune (unlock) the instance. That was false, proven to be false fairly quickly, but Blizzard had to keep answering questions from people who believed it or heard it was true from word of mouth.

There are also those reviews and sources that say despite all the faults NMS isn't a bad game if you are looking for a simple basic exploration game. You are creating a lot of subjective rule sets when all you have to say is that you are responsible for what you buy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which all were not available before the release of the game.
    But how long should you wait to buy a game?
    With NMS a lot of the info came out weeks before its release due to that person who got ahold of a copy.

How long you should wait??? As long as it takes for all the information to get out. No one put a gun to someones head and told them to buy NMS day 1. If it takes a month later then wait a month and play something else.

Bottom line is this.

If a person buys a game (any product) day 1 and is disappointed in said game, it is just as much there fault as the developers. They could have waited for Reviews,Streams and so on. But they impulse bought the game and paid for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm perpetually amazed by people's inability to critically analyse before splurging cash on preorders or day one. I think no man's sky was so vaguely marketed that I'm baffled how people saw it as a day one purchase, especially at $60.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm perpetually amazed by people's inability to critically analyse before splurging cash on preorders or day one. I think no man's sky was so vaguely marketed that I'm baffled how people saw it as a day one purchase, especially at $60.
    Because we live in the sad age of "get hype" mob mentality. Youtubers and Twitch streamers are employed as "influencers" to push easily influenced people into buying a game simply based on misappropriated excitement alone. Everytime you see someone screaming "blank hype!" they are part of this new media marketing brainwashing bonanza.

A side product to this is the strange "you can do anything" bunkum that people are so desperate for that they fall for it every time when really hindsight, personal experience and common sense should see any "see that mountain, you can climb it" comments and default to "okay, how are they lying this time?" reactions rather than "OMG I LITERALLY CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO EVEN GOD GAME HYYYYPE! pls support muh patreon" comments online.

But its all tied into fads and preordering. Time was gaming was a niche passtime the mainstream would ridicule you for and this meant smaller units published. So you preordered to ensure you had a copy that did not sell out. Now preordering is a scam now the mediums gone mainstream to milk as many rubes of sales on day one before they get to see the product and go "b-but you cant do anything after all! oh noooooo!" like they always bloody do. Its why bethesdas putting a kibosh on review copies because its so much easier to have pewdiepies churlish screaming about hype to push those day one sales.

Put simply people dont think and never pay attention to hindsight. Publishers laugh the way to the bank with their money, the consumers remain impotently upset till the next trailer where "omg its the god game for real this time, i cannot even hype enough!" and their ignorant, shameful cycle starts all over again.

No Mans Sky could never have been what the bullshot said it was. A rational thought process can look at the first stuff and go "Thats fake a pc could not handle this let alone a home console" and that would have been that.

But then that childish voice in their ear starts screaming the H word and they are counting the days to a preorder purchase.

Its like lockboxes and microtransactions. Now gamings mainstream they are here to stay because rubes have no problem with it and sadly there is more of them who 15 years ago went "ugh games are for fucking nerds" now going "omg im such a nerd XDDDDDD get hype!" following this cult mentality that you buy a new game day one to be part of this cult of personality thing rather than waiting to see if its an objectively well made experience.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its easy to buy something like NMS day one, all they had to do was blame the developer for there bad spending. Like I said early'er ya the dev's deserve backlash for lying. But the consumer is also at fault for buying the dam game.

The dev's didn't and still don't deserve death threats and shit tho. In the end its a fucken video game.

There is a fine line between consumer responsibility and seller responsibility. I don't think it's fair to entirely blame a customer who didn't like what they bought, as the seller still has some level of responsibility.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

With NMS a lot of the info came out weeks before its release due to that person who got ahold of a copy.

How long you should wait??? As long as it takes for all the information to get out. No one put a gun to someones head and told them to buy NMS day 1. If it takes a month later then wait a month and play something else.

Bottom line is this.

If a person buys a game (any product) day 1 and is disappointed in said game, it is just as much there fault as the developers. They could have waited for Reviews,Streams and so on. But they impulse bought the game and paid for it.
    I didn't buy it because I do wait for reviews. That doesn't excuse making false claims about the game, and I don't blame people for being excited and buying it on day one. Again, there's a reason we have consumer protection laws. Your views are overly simplistic and would allow for all sorts of shenanigans by retailers.

Its easy to buy something like NMS day one, all they had to do was blame the developer for there bad spending. Like I said early'er ya the dev's deserve backlash for lying. But the consumer is also at fault for buying the dam game.

The dev's didn't and still don't deserve death threats and shit tho. In the end its a fucken video game.
    Dude, seriously, learn the language you speak.

Please post productively and respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-11-10 at 01:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And a lot changed with the day 0 patch. Not but enough changed for those before release impressions to be inaccurate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post

Dude, seriously, learn the language you speak.
    Clearly I speak just fine since you can reply to it. Want to be a grammar nazi find another poster or forum to annoy.

All you can do is insult my grammar because I am right.

Yes Hello Games is at fault for lying, But the consumer should learn and wait. How many times do people have to be burned by Pre-orders and Day 1 games being bought before you fucken learn not to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And a lot changed with the day 0 patch. Not but enough changed for those before release impressions to be inaccurate.
    Right, Many people could have judged the game off of that leak. Many others could wait and see via Streams and Reviews. But people rather bitch and moan at the devs.

The devs have a responsibility and so do the consumers. So if someone bought day 1 and is pissed about it that is there fault and the devs.

I have yet to buy it and when its $15 or less I may give it a go. I waited watched reviews and knew this small ass indie dev team couldn't pull off what they promised.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-29 at 08:55 PM.

All you can do is insult my gammer because I am right.
    This hilarity is sig-worthy.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    This hilarity is sig-worthy.
    Happy I made someone smile and I fixed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    "Disgruntled employee" allegedly. Either that or Murray is having a nervous breakdown.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/28/13...-was-a-mistake
    hahaha. Justice, she is a mean lady. Thanks for the link DarkAmbient.

@ Sean ( on the offchance he reads MMOC), you burped out a piece of crap.

You say Sony and the community was pressuring you. Maybe before the game releases publicly state that you're being harassed by corporate and the fans and if it doesn't stop from both ends, you will drag your feet.

Sony throws a fit? tell them to go f themselves. It'll be ready when it's ready, or they can take their money and go. You'll go back to being indie full time.

But, instead, you blew a bunch of smoke at people who trusted you, and you're sad that people are calling you on it. Cry me a river.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-10-30 at 02:18 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    I would feel bad for Murray if he didnt actually say many other things would be in the game which obviously never was. If he would have said "maybe, if we have the time" or something then a lot of people wouldnt be so pissed off.

I can totally see Sony pushing the release as thats what I thought from the beginning. I mean an indie studie with 5-10 people going on several Late Night Shows to promote their game isnt normal. Sony backed them up with all that money and just wanted to push it for a release as they didnt have more money to support I guess?

But in the end he shouldnt have lied and if time was a problem as they pushed back the release anyway they should have just said it isnt finished and we will release it in "6 months" or whatever. 5-10 people working on such a large game compared to an AAA team was kinda obvious that it wouldnt be as crazy as the promised.

I was so damn hyped for the game but when it got pushed back and so on I knew to wait and watch gameplay / what people think so I never bought it.

ReviewTechUSA is streaming with Eric Kain (From Forbs) talking about No man Sky.

https://www.twitch.tv/rtustreams

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yes. Now you get it. This is an industry where the modern developer sees the consumer as a fool to be tricked in some fashion. They are not your friends, they dont give a fuck about you past your money. Its a corporate business. They got your money. You lost. Learn from it in future. NEVER buy a game week of release, never ever pre order and always remember your money is the only vote that counts.
    But developers only can do that because players have shown repeatedly how stupid they are and they never learn from it. Just read this thread pre-launch where people (myself included) were warning people not to pre-order. The bullcrap of ´we should support indie developers pre-launch´ is what kills it.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2016-10-30 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    But developers only can do that because players have shown repeatedly how stupid they are and they never learn from it. Just read this thread pre-launch where people (myself included) were warning people not to pre-order. The bullcrap of ´we should support indie developers pre-launch´ is what kills it. I love my history on this forum.

1. Greedmonger - Raised a million dollars on kickstarter despite being owned by a guy who never made a game before who hired a lead developer who also never made a game before.

2. Trials of Ascension - Raised $60k by selling virtual items for their game in a cash-shop, a game which they didn´t even start to make. Did not even have a game developer on staff for 3 years while they did 2 kickstarters and had their virtual cash-shop running.

3. No Man´s Sky - no reviews, no outside gameplay video, everything kept dark. But still did a $60 pre-order 6 months before launch from a developer that never had released a previous real title.

WTF do you expect, of course every new indie developer is going to try to cash in before they release their games, player have shown time and time again they are stupid enough to doit.
    Exactly this. People need to stop blaming the developers and blame themselves for being total suckers. This game always looked dodgy, at $60 you're a mug to have bought in to the hype.