Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/27585...4400736890806/

And yet, like one giant fucking miracle, this guy has literally the same thing happen to him that I do, note the date.

Oh, and here's one from January for good measure:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/27585...6179573270334/

Wether or not you could move or build your bases in the freaking sky is not the point, the point is that terrain is respawning for one reason or another, has been doing so since at least August 2017. That means if you built anything that would conflict with pre-existing terrain when this bug hits, you're fucked.
    If you read that - that's totally different than what the person I was responding to was talking about. Indeed, everybody was responding "well.. don't build underground!" ;P

Those people dug out the terrain via the terrain editor under the flat ground provided and tried to build an underground base - of which the terrain rebuilds over time back in Atlas Rises. This was a problem of the user not understanding what the terrain editor was for back then, not a game design-bug (in short, the guy tried to exploit the system). This is not the same thing with this patch as this one auto-chunks out the interior by design. The idea that it was re-filling is a glitch that is clearly going to be fixed.

In fact, that's kinda the point of this patch WAS to let you do things like that finally. :P Give it time... chances are they will fix it in a few days.

Either way, my point was still the same - the previous ones were NOT a glitch. That is user-error trying to do something the game wasn't then designed to do. That was the design of the game back then to respawn the terrain. The one that's happening now to the person here IS a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Maybe if you were in a party of 4 already BUT a random will be displayed as normal even if he is not in your group

Had a random drop by to my starting planet yesterday, he was just a normal character model.
    That's someone who legit joined your game. A game can hold up to 4 players who will be able to actually see and interact. BUT you can still see floaty orbs of players NOT in your lobby.

If you see:

*Name has joined the game*

Then this is someone in the lobby that you will see.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I have a love/hate relationship with procedurally generated crafting sandboxes, so turned a deaf ear to the hype during development... and then turned a deaf ear to the hate during launch.

And so I just picked up the game during this patch... and the state its in now, is truly amazing.

Whatever issues this game had at launch, it delivers an exploration game worth playing now.

Eh I finally caved.

Picked it up for a fiver at my local shop since it was in the discount bin. I will happily admit it's improved a lot in 2 years but still. Those improvements should have been in 2 years ago.

However it has evolved into a decent game now. Nothing amazing but I'll happily admit that.

It's definitely not a bad game now. Well worth the price you can usually find it at.

It still isn't quite what it was promised to be, but... eh.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It's definitely not a bad game now. Well worth the price you can usually find it at.

Yeah. I'd say 6-7/10 game at most for now.

Still a lot of room for improvement, it's good that it didn't abandon it however as I said the improvements should have been in the launch of the game.

I clocked in around 35 hours during launch but stopped playing due to maxing my ship and exosuit at the time while reaching the center.

I'm currently clocked in at 91 hours and still enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I feel it delivers on its promises now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a huge mistake. . . . 45 hours in, I was drinking and I decided to help a shitty freighter that was under attack. I killed the pirates and received a C class freighter for free. . . with like 15 slots. . . . god damn waste. . . . Dont drink and play NMS kids. . . or you will end up with a shit freighter like me. . . . I was saving it for the day I found a S class. . . . . god damn you Stella Artois. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I made a huge mistake. . . . 45 hours in, I was drinking and I decided to help a shitty freighter that was under attack. I killed the pirates and received a C class freighter for free. . . with like 15 slots. . . . god damn waste. . . . Dont drink and play NMS kids. . . or you will end up with a shit freighter like me. . . . I was saving it for the day I found a S class. . . . . god damn you Stella Artois. . . .
    How do you determine what freighter you save is an S class? Or do you always get it as a free option if you keep declining accepting them?

It would be almost worth starting over considering the price of best ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect it to be on some good sales this holiday

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    How do you determine what freighter you save is an S class? Or do you always get it as a free option if you keep declining accepting them?

It would be almost worth starting over considering the price of best ones.

I thought it was by the freighter type. I was saving my free freighter for when I found a "star destroyer" in need of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I feel your pain, I've made similar mistakes when sober in this game. heh.

At least for me, its more about the experience and the exploration.

This is one of those games where watching it on youtube can ruin your own personal sense of discovery and accomplishment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Just going from my old save it seems like they made base building more grindy. You need chromatic to get your base started again which requires 3 elements and a mixer which you cant build until you have a base. Ended up just purchasing the premade ship shield boost I think to install it then dismantle it for the mats needed to build a base.

Base items seem to require a shit ton more mats and now with all the updated elements you can't just farm the area around you base for everything. Also backpack upgrades all seem to require mats now(at least on planets) which end up requiring mats that can cost more than the units it used to take AND may not be in the area of the droppod so you risk the chance of losing the location of the pod unless you leave your ship there and hoof it.

Considering the mats needed for more shit I wish they would have increased stack sizes again.
    Late post, but...

Chromatic can be made simply with 2 copper = 1 chromatic in the basic refiner you first make. Its part of the tutorial.

There is a backpack space upgrade on space stations that still takes money unlike the drop pod on planet.

The game definitely has come a long way and continues to get great updates, I am glad they decided to keep working on it.

New community event going on atm.

This game is getting more interesting with every patch
    I was thinking about giving it another chance but I'm curious about player fleet - can it be deployed to assist player in real time combat and fight against enemy fleets?
    I like big space battles

New update on its way, improving the underwater stuff. Won't be as big and detailed as subnautica, but this game is focused on that, and that alone. But its nice to see they are still working on improving the game, and underwater was one of those thing that needed improvement.

Meh. So I get to swim around looking at new plants and fish. IMO they really need to improve some of the game's core systems before adding stuff like this. You still can't even sell or trade ships yet.