Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's a specific dude, in a specific system. You can try resetting the mission if it'll let you (I did that for one of mine, but it was from ages ago). If not, highlight the mission, and wait until you get the popup saying "target outside local system. Then you can check the galaxy map and it should indicate what system he's in. If you highlight and check right away, the mark won't be there. It can take a few seconds, and make sure you don't trigger anything that activates another quest in the meantime.

If that's not going to work, I'm at a loss, but maybe someone else has an idea. That's what worked for me, eventually, when I was running through those things the last couple days.
    Oh my, I thought I had built a weapons terminal, but I went back to base just in case. Whaddya know, I had built two terminals, but neither were weapons terminals. When I did, the message popped up.

/facepalm
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Not a fan of this new energy shit, you can't even take back any resources you put into a generator it also takes a fuckload of mats for a short run time. Also the building block wood, concrete, metal stuff don't seem to require energy I wonder if they just added it to get more bases to use that junk.

Also why did they have to put the grenades on the middle mouse button click just died 2-3 times trying to pick up some portable equipment.
    Because you need batteries. After you collect 15+ buried datas, you can unlock Solar panels and you wont have to use fuel anymore. I have 5 panel array with 4 batteries, and it powers my base just fine. The only thing I dont like is how the power cables sometimes wont snap to the edge of a building block, so I have to rig it like 2 inches from the side. It just doesnt look at clean as it could if object to object snapping was improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind having a solar panel but to have to connect everything is just a nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't really mind having a solar panel but to have to connect everything is just a nonsense.
    I you think placing a few wires is bad then you will think handing in 30 completed missions or navigation data is life ending.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I you think placing a few wires is bad then you will think handing in 30 completed missions or navigation data is life ending.
    I never had a problem with that, although I do think it would have made sense to be able to hand stuff in at a terminal in your base.

I just mined like 19k copper while sleeping. Its only 2.2 million so not as good as some of the new farms. It only takes 3 hours to fill my current silos. The game is really about getting the top level upgrades.
    I have a system with 6 biomes, each being a different of the main resources - each one with a repository base on them from pre-next that contains old AMUs, plant garden and Gas collectors and am currently trying to retrofit them with the new industrial resources.

The really awful problem is that, right now, all my beautiful bases (and freighter interior) have become Pop-up nightmares with lots of "Build limit reached" on them. From what I've read, apparently HG put a limit on how many pieces in one area you can do and limited the memory on purpose to achieve 8 players. This annoys me since I'm mostly single-player, and the PC currently has an option to max out that piece limit! >_<

So, I'm kinda waiting to hear if that's going to be fixed on console anytime soon before I start completely tearing down my bases/freighter and rebuilding from scratch...

...on the plus side though, building with that new construction cam? Sweeeeeet! ^_^

How do exocraft inventories work?

Lets say I create an exocraft in one of my bases. I get the exocraft tab with lots of inventory space.

Now lets say I build another exocraft in another place. What happens to that inventory tab? Is is shared for all exocrafts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    How do exocraft inventories work?
    Same way ships/freighters work. Each exocraft has an inventory. Every time you summon that exocraft it will have whatever you put in that inventory. Just like when you switch ships the inventory stays (they really need an easier way of accessing non-active ship inventories. I keep forgetting about my 48 slot hauler that is filled up)

You can even delete the bay to get some mats back once you build it. It really is a clunky system. I wished they would have added them as part of freighters. Where you have it air dropped in and have to refuel/recharge it on your freighter rather then always building it. I rarely use them since I don't stay long on a planet and most base building/resource collection I do is easier with the ship.

I rarely search out the things exocraft scanner is needed to find. But that is just how I play. So don't let my dislike detract you from building them. I probably should use the pilgrim to explore anyways.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-08-29 at 02:54 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I dont really use the one I have, but I noticed even the first one you can build has rather large inventory. So I have been putting stuff in it. I'd put stuff in my freighter, but its pretty bad and has only small inventory. I'm expecting to change it at some point anyway so I dont want to keep huge amount of stuff in it. I read I will lose everything inside, if i switch it.

But as far as exocrafts go, they are good extra inventory spaces and I have been thinking I need to get another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really use the one I have, but I noticed even the first one you can build has rather large inventory. So I have been putting stuff in it. I'd put stuff in my freighter, but its pretty bad and has only small inventory. I'm expecting to change it at some point anyway so I dont want to keep huge amount of stuff in it. I read I will lose everything inside, if i switch it.

But as far as exocrafts go, they are good extra inventory spaces and I have been thinking I need to get another.
    They can get randomly useful.

I just had a mission that sent me to a water planet, to a specific location that was underwater. And the water was radioactive. The nearest island was like a 5-minute swim away. I debated making the run, then realized I A> had a ton of mats on me, and B> the Nomad exocraft can skim on water (didn't have the sulphides to make a Nautilon bay, and none were visible, and this was faster).

Had I ever used the Nomad before? Nope, it's got a tiny inventory, and wasn't the first Exocraft. Was I glad I had it unlocked? Yuuup. Just build the bay (don't need a base to do that), run out, do my thing, run back, destroy the bay to get all the mats back, and fly off.

It would be amazing if there was:

1) A way to see the race / economy / conflict level of previously discovered systems in the teleporter
    2) A way to filter systems in the teleporter based on one of those items

Really a PITA looking for a specific system and you have to first browse through all your discoveries (which don't have filtering / sorting either), then close that and find the system in the teleporter. Given the nature of the game, there needs to be more filtering of planets / systems.

Would also love a search in your inventory and a way to sort. Also, please make the dialogue boxes faster - I know they're better than before, but they're still pretty awful, especially when you go to a new station and you want to just learn a bunch of new words.

How do you find those buildings that have their doors closed? Manufacturing facilities or operations centre? Apparently they give blueprints and I really need those. I googled and cartographers should give maps. I got myself some and they always show same things... possibly even same location too. Then googled more. Apparently different star systems always give one type of map(?).

I tried going trough all the ones I have visited. The teleporter list changes order every time, but I think i visited still majority of them. No correct type of maps.

Is it simply that I need to keep visiting places?

I have ever only once or twice randomly bumped into those buildings while exploring planets. :/

How do you find those buildings that have their doors closed? Manufacturing facilities or operations centre? Apparently they give blueprints and I really need those. I googled and cartographers should give maps. I got myself some and they always show same things... possibly even same location too. Then googled more. Apparently different star systems always give one type of map(?).

I tried going trough all the ones I have visited. The teleporter list changes order every time, but I think i visited still majority of them. No correct type of maps.

Is it simply that I need to keep visiting places?

I have ever only once or twice randomly bumped into those buildings while exploring planets. :/
    You use the portable scanner thing and I believe its one of the options you can use nav data on.

It only accepts drop pod data for exosuit upgrades.

I think while googling about this matter, there was a change in the recent patch that you cant anymore give navigation data to signal booster for them. Apparently you can find the manufacturing centres with them, but you need to be lucky. For me it has ever found only trading posts and other locations I dont need.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think while googling about this matter, there was a change in the recent patch that you cant anymore give navigation data to signal booster for them. Apparently you can find the manufacturing centres with them, but you need to be lucky. For me it has ever found only trading posts and other locations I dont need.
    Correct. The scanners on the exocrafts need to be used to find buildings now. Or you can collect navigation data from various sources and turn them in on space stations for planetary maps. You can also trade nanites (around 15-20) for a random location in the system. Be warned you can get "no location" unless they fixed it. And there is no bulk turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, just curious if it was normal or i had been unlucky. I suppose tonight i'm gonna warp and land on the other planet of my system.

Question: if i have 2 bases and build a portal in each, this means i can jump from one to another freely right?
    Yes it does. that portal gives you access to all your bases in fact.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Correct. The scanners on the exocrafts need to be used to find buildings now. Or you can collect navigation data from various sources and turn them in on space stations for planetary maps. You can also trade nanites (around 15-20) for a random location in the system. Be warned you can get "no location" unless they fixed it. And there is no bulk turn.
    I bought all the upgrades to exocrafts, but it seems to not be able to locate the factories. Unless is some special extra upgrade you can buy somewhere, but not at least from the vehicle upgrade vendor at the spatial anomaly space station (or whatever its name is). It also can locate the same buildings again from huge distances away.
    The cartocraphers seem to only give one type on each space station unless my rng is weird. Havent found one that gives correct ones yet.

As it happens. Best solution so far is the dumb bruteforce method. Find a planet with lots of buildings and fly until you find one. This worked surprisingly well on planet that felt like it had tons of buildings on it. Flew around like 20-30min and found 3-4 of the correct ones. I had tried that on other planets and it did not work out. Less buildings on those, I guess...

I bought all the upgrades to exocrafts, but it seems to not be able to locate the factories. Unless is some special extra upgrade you can buy somewhere, but not at least from the vehicle upgrade vendor at the spatial anomaly space station (or whatever its name is). It also can locate the same buildings again from huge distances away.
    The cartocraphers seem to only give one type on each space station unless my rng is weird. Havent found one that gives correct ones yet.

As it happens. Best solution so far is the dumb bruteforce method. Find a planet with lots of buildings and fly until you find one. This worked surprisingly well on planet that felt like it had tons of buildings on it. Flew around like 20-30min and found 3-4 of the correct ones. I had tried that on other planets and it did not work out. Less buildings on those, I guess...
    1) Each cartographer only gives one type of map. You need to find a station that offers the map you want. If you're on PC, you should get the mod that has different icons for all the maps, because they all look the same in vanilla.

2) You don't use the portable scanner to find the stuff from the planetary charts, you just hold "E" on them. They're an item to use, not a material.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They can get randomly useful.

I just had a mission that sent me to a water planet, to a specific location that was underwater. And the water was radioactive. The nearest island was like a 5-minute swim away. I debated making the run, then realized I A> had a ton of mats on me, and B> the Nomad exocraft can skim on water (didn't have the sulphides to make a Nautilon bay, and none were visible, and this was faster).

Had I ever used the Nomad before? Nope, it's got a tiny inventory, and wasn't the first Exocraft. Was I glad I had it unlocked? Yuuup. Just build the bay (don't need a base to do that), run out, do my thing, run back, destroy the bay to get all the mats back, and fly off.
    Would recommend using Nomad. It's easily the fastest one. Boosting into a jump on a hill sends you miles. Great for exploring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    1) Each cartographer only gives one type of map. You need to find a station that offers the map you want. If you're on PC, you should get the mod that has different icons for all the maps, because they all look the same in vanilla.

2) You don't use the portable scanner to find the stuff from the planetary charts, you just hold "E" on them. They're an item to use, not a material.
    So yeah... its rng. I need to go warp around and check the space statio every time.

As for point 2, I'm aware what the planetary charts are, but exocrafts DO have scanner that will find buildings and other such things. They can find supply depots, drop pods, abandoned buildings (you know the buildings that are covered in slime), ruins and alien structures.