Thread: No Man's Sky

Holy shit.

Has anyone had their freighter go absolutely crazy?

I didnt notice anything as I went in to debrief some of my commanders, ect. Then when I clicked the command computer thing, I suddenly found myself inside the roof, clipping trough all the walls. I could not find a way out and I had to load a save. I had to do this 4 times until I managed to find a spot where I wasnt moved inside the walls.
    Afterwards I noticed the npc's inside had their feet inside the floors. While talking to them, camera clipped in such a way that I thought I had been moved inside wall again. It seemd like parts of the floor did not connect to other parts of the floor and you could see trough the floor.
    I also got stuck inside the freighter for a while since stairs were suffering from this same thing. Walking down the stairs made you move inside the roof/walls. I finally managed to jetpack trough.

Anyone know what causes this? Is there easier way destuck yourself? What if I had a save inside the freighter causing me to not be able to load older save to unstuck myself? Ect.

This problem seemed to be gone when I jumped to other system and tried calling the freighter there, but I had been stuck inside the roof once before, but with no other problems. So I think its not a thing that just happens rarely.

Community events return to the game today: https://www.nomanssky.com/2019/09/be...ment-update-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Community events return to the game today: https://www.nomanssky.com/2019/09/be...ment-update-2/
    Pretty cool!

I'm still quite new at the game with only ~40 hours spent in game. I've gathered about 100 million units so far. Is this a decent amount? Or should I aim higher? How do you earn quicksilver, by the way? I've got a bunch but have no idea how I earned it. Is there also a way to scan for drop pods that you haven't visited yet? I think I nearly maxed out my inventory slots, but it's still a wee bit annoying to scan for a pod and be directed to one you already looted. And my last newbie question: what's the best way to go about finding an S class ship? Preferably a hauler?

Thanks!
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Highest price I have seen on anything so far has been 200million. This was a A class freighter, I think.

There are some coordinate lists on reddit and youtube also has videos of them. People have found the spots where you find extremely rare stuff. Then you can come to that exact spot and pick the same thing. This involves the "stargates" or whatever portals where you input coordinates, ect.

Game is currently 50% off on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Highest price I have seen on anything so far has been 200million. This was a A class freighter, I think.
    Yeah and 200 million is pocket-change, considering you can make 10 times that by literally going afk for a few hours. Too bad this game doesn't really have a working economy.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Oooh. Those are pretty nice QoL improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Yuge quality-of-life update: https://www.nomanssky.com/synthesis-update/
    Just checked the update. It's been a while that i played the game, and today the new monitor arrives so it's a good time to pick this back up. Also i updated the NVidia drivers and D3 decided to bork. So my season 19 journey is going to end abruptly.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2019/12/be...te-5-bytebeat/

I am never personally going to use this, but this is cool as hell.

Man this game has really come a long way. I haven't played it since release but I may have to give it another go. Not like I have to buy it again.

Is there a wiki or something that shows what's changed? Or should I just go in with what I know?
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    Man this game has really come a long way. I haven't played it since release but I may have to give it another go. Not like I have to buy it again.

Is there a wiki or something that shows what's changed? Or should I just go in with what I know?
    https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Patch_notes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post

If you havent played since release, you are in for a treat.

The once dead galaxy in finally alive with a bunch of gameplay loops for just about every facet of the game, even building. And real multiplayer.

As someone who loves exploration/base-building/open-world games, but hate the forced PVP that 99.9% of the entire genre has, is this game worth to get at this point? or would a game like empyrion be better?
    Kept away from it in the beginning for obivous reasons, but with the current deal on steam, i'm heavily considering it if it changed for the good.
    Last edited by freezion; 2020-01-02 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    As someone who loves exploration/base-building/open-world games, but hate the forced PVP that 99.9% of the entire genre has, is this game worth to get at this point?
    Kept away from it in the beginning for obivous reasons, but with the current deal on steam, i'm heavily considering it if it changed for the good.
    Absolutely, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Absolutely, 100%.
    Do you know how it holds up vs. games like Empyrion and space engineers?

Space Engineers building is a lot more complex. That doesn't mean you can't make complex constructions in NMS, especially since they added electricity and related gates, switches, etc. in a recent big update. But it's a lot more approachable from an inexperienced standpoint.

Never played Empyrion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Space Engineers is a bit more advanced on the building level. Empyrion is good but no multiplayer, and still in alpha state.

So 30 hours in so far, and i have to admit, it is far better than anticipated.
    Definitely worth the money, especially if you're getting it on sale.

Love the fact that i finally found a ''open world sandbox'' that doesnt involve forced pvp thats ridden with griefers.

Well it's a game where millions of people will exist in the same game.