Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    C&H disagrees with being a coward.

I'm impressed, they have a strip for everything...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodo View Post
    I love people saying brave and heroic things like "it's the easy way out" and "coward thing to do" or "selfish way". It's like they carve for attention even more than suicidals that [according to them] use suicide as a tool for attention.

Funny how things work.
    Everyone pines for that time in their lives where the strange, differing opinion of someone else puts them in a perceived moral highground. How could they possibly pass up an opportunity to let someone else know how pathetic their state of mind is? They get the perfect scapegoat! "I'm the one advocating life and love and living! How could I possibly be wrong!"

I enjoy it. It's like people watching except I don't have to put pants on.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    I think you've gotta have some huge balls to commit suicide.

It's the ultimate step into unknown. Even when you go into space, you know what to expect.

I think people who need a lot of friends, people who need others to lean on, people who need to be in a relationship, no matter what, those people are cowards in my opinion, since they can't live on their own. But commit a suicide, I don't know, I never was nowhere near committing one, but just thinking about it, scares the living shit outta me.

Most of us fear cancer, and all those nasty diseases, so to think one would 100% accept that on a spot. I just think you need to have really HUGE balls for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Ok I'll go a tad bit further and love ain't got shit to do with it, I still feel that that everyone is worth something in this life and to cut that life short is to destroy potential
    Yes. Heaven forbid we rob the census of another suffering, pathetic statistic for them to use in their studies. How dare we remove another name from the list of people who work countless hours a week to afford a life that offers them absolutely nothing in the end but a short sleep to get back up and do it all over again. Such wasted potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    In all but a few circumstances (terminal illness) I thought it was cowardly.

However after suffering from a bout of depression recently, I still think it's cowardly.
    This sums it up. There is simply no excuse, apart from being in perpetual physical pain. Other than that it is weak, selfish and short sighted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I feel like it's the coward's way out.
    Agree on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post

It's the ultimate step into unknown. Even when you go into space, you know what to expect.

I think people who need a lot of friends, people who need others to lean on, people who need to be in a relationship, no matter what, those people are cowards in my opinion, since they can't live on their own. But commit a suicide, I don't know, I never was nowhere near committing one, but just thinking about it, scares the living shit outta me.

Most of us fear cancer, and all those nasty diseases, so to think one would 100% accept that on a spot. I just think you need to have really HUGE balls for it!
    It's not unknown at all - you die...you are dead. No thought, no feel, no nothing. Easy as that. I am always surprised how many sane people believe in different things (go ahead - flame me belivers )

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post

Humans are by nature social animals.
    Living alone for a long period of time can break a person.

I personally don't NEED people around me all the time, but I would much prefer being able to call some friends that can come over, than to not have that option at all.
    Living alone just for the sake of being alone seems to me a perfect way to break a person. I don't want to be completely alone, but I want to have the option of being able to be alone, and being able to go to a party or visiting friends at the same time. A balance of things.
    My two cents on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Any creature, by nature, have a self perseverance mechanism that they all don't want to die - so people saying it's the "Cowards way out" is nothing but a cliched broken record saying. In my opinion, it takes guts to do it... and the later crowd saying otherwise are the cowards.

That being said, it CAN be a selfish act when it affects others around you... more so when you're the provider.

When your quality of life has degraded so badly, it should be a person's right to commit suicide - either assisted, such as the case of countless medical reasons [but this can have the issue of being pressured into it too], and one's own action.

It really annoys the hell out of me where perfectly fine people criticize about people, example a paraplegic, wanting to commit suicide. Who the hell are they, who isn't suffering, to dare criticize ?

Deleted
    Even if it would be cowardly and selfish...who cares?
    As long as your attempt doesn't fail (which always is the worst case scenario because it can make your life quite...uncomfortable for a while), you won't have to - or rather can't - worry about what others think anymore anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This sums it up. There is simply no excuse, apart from being in perpetual physical pain. Other than that it is weak, selfish and short sighted.
    it´s not very easy to motivate yourself every day when you´re literally having trouble leaving the bed, not like because you´re tired, it´s hard to explain but the feast of leaving the house takes so much energie to accomplish that being weak becomes your average state, you feel as if everythings putting stress on you and at the same time you´re stressing yourself out because you know that how you feel is not normal, but you´re in fear too about the reaction of others when you´re trying to get help for easy tasks

it´s very hard to explain and i think even harder to imagine
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

If people want to kill themselves let them. Nothing wrong with deciding you're done. Those that say it's the easy/coward way out if it's so easy why doesn't everyone do it? Who knows who cares honestly, peoples lives let em die if they wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I really disagree with everybody who think its for cowards or the 'easy way out'.

If you're in horrible pain and you have no idea if it will stop, its a valid reason to commit suicide. Something like that happened me, when I had a brain tumour(before it was diagnosed). Its impossible to life with that sort of pain.
    Unless you have been in that sort of pain yourself, you can't really judge them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Everyone pines for that time in their lives where the strange, differing opinion of someone else puts them in a perceived moral highground. How could they possibly pass up an opportunity to let someone else know how pathetic their state of mind is? They get the perfect scapegoat! "I'm the one advocating life and love and living! How could I possibly be wrong!"

I enjoy it. It's like people watching except I don't have to put pants on.
    Would it be weird If I said I love you? Your opinions at least, see this right here is what I live for... Minor brief entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Humans are by nature social animals.
    Living alone for a long period of time can break a person.

I personally don't NEED people around me all the time, but I would much prefer being able to call some friends that can come over, than to not have that option at all.
    Living alone just for the sake of being alone seems to me a perfect way to break a person. I don't want to be completely alone, but I want to have the option of being able to be alone, and being able to go to a party or visiting friends at the same time. A balance of things.
    My two cents on it.
    This is a good perspective. Now, think to yourself that maybe you're the 40th person this week who's given the "social animals" speech. It's totally understandable and you're right, we are hardwired that way. However, slip into the perspective of someone who's almost entirely alone but not by choice. This person has lost all of their family. Their one love was lost years ago in the accident that disfigured them in a way that has pushed all potential friends from them since then, regardless of how social he wanted to be. Just to be able to pay his medical and living expenses, he's forced to hold 2 full time jobs which fill all of his time outside of a pathetic sleep regiment.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. There's a myriad of other day to day problems and new ones arising all the time with little to no hope at all for discovering any sort of release let alone solution to it outside of winning the lottery.

So tell me, why would this person considering suicide be cowardly?

(disclaimer: The person I'm quoting was not saying suicide was cowardly, I'm using his scenario as a perspective example.)

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    Would it be weird If I said I love you? Your opinions at least, see this right here is what I live for... Minor brief entertainment.
    <3!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's weak and the most selfish thing you can do.

Its our entire social undertaking that really makes suicide as a feasible means to an end. People are expected to look and act certain ways in order to meet a standard. It's the way we have been raised and the way that it is commercialized in our culture. People have become weak because they lack the will to be an individual.

No matter who you are or where you are, there is somebody that cares about you. People who commit suicide don't realize that when they committ that cowardly act they are hurting those that did care about them. It is incredibly selfish to only think about yourself and end it, there is someone who cares about you 99.9% of the time who will be hurt and lost because of your selfish act.

lots of people saying something along the lines of "if you've not thought about attempting it your opinion is worthless" to you I say this :

this is not a. lack and white thing, it's a very broad smudge of grey. I suspect that as many as half of the people on this board have to some degree or other thought about it. that will range from those that got dumped by a bf/gf and felt a bit sad through to those that followed through and are no longer here to post. there are many and varied triggers and issues that lead people along his route, whatever case you have been through doesn't make you any more qualified to speak on my issues. Naturally some people have been much closer to some issues than others, and some may choose to share that here. no one however has any right to dismiss other peoples Jew sod opinions

Every poster who carelssly throws it out here that it is selfish and a cowardly way out; who the fuck are you to talk?

Most humans have a huge threshold that needs to be overcome for one to take ones life. To get to that point you will have to have experienced lots of really serious and hurtful shit over a longer period of time. Sometimes asking for help isn't easy and some people certainly ask for help in many ways but either they don't get noticed or people write it off as nothing serious.

Can you honestly say that people who try, try and try once more but eventually succumbs to suicide because society and people around them are to stuck up to give them the help they need, are selfish cowards?

Really, fuck off. If you are so keen on people LIVING you get your fucking ass out there and lend a hand to someone who needs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uhohstd View Post
    It's weak and the most selfish thing you can do.

Its our entire social undertaking that really makes suicide as a feasible means to an end. People are expected to look and act certain ways in order to meet a standard. It's the way we have been raised and the way that it is commercialized in our culture. People have become weak because they lack the will to be an individual.

No matter who you are or where you are, there is somebody that cares about you. People who commit suicide don't realize that when they committ that cowardly act they are hurting those that did care about them. It is incredibly selfish to only think about yourself and end it, there is someone who cares about you 99.9% of the time who will be hurt and lost because of your selfish act.
    believe me, more stress is the last thing one needs if he/she´s already strugling to stay alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    The easy way out.
    Sometimes the only way out ....