Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Suicide : your opinion.

Every human has the right the live now suicide seems to be on the rise (source : http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...suicide-world/) with recently people commiting suicide for the world to see !

What is your opinion on suicide, suicide on the rise and feel free to share stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    They want help or attention in life since they are unable to get it they kill themselves to get attention in death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    I find it weak to be honest.
    Not the persons, no no I mean the suicide thing.
    If you need help please for the love of goodness keep looking for it, it's not worth giving up on so many things still ahead of you!
    But that's just my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    The easy way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it's the coward's way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Not really it takes some really messed up mind to do it if not me being the coward that I am wouldve offed my self already, but knowing that death is final really frightens me. Might as well lead a shitty life than no life at all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    always thought that thats stupit...all time thought that
    how fucked up things u think are happening with u and all i hear ppl (mostly friends) wanted to commit this foolishness and i didnt understand why...we are friends for many years and my situation was worse then any person i knew, and i NEVER even thought about that shit...
    and if ur doing this when some ppl need you (those that realy care about u), then ur more asshole then u even were

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    ok and what do they afraid of?! .most cuiciders are young idiots thinking about idiotic things

Its very simple. If you think about it, go and see a psychologist

10+ Year Old Account
    cowardly and selfish

that being said, i've never been suicidal, so my opinion is rather biased (there's probably a better way to put that )
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Not having a job and not being able to get one seems like as good a reason as any to kill yourself. If you don't have money you can't live and if you can't live then what's the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Suicide is fine by me, just dont do make a mess..

The whole "It's for cowards" and "think of the ones you leave behind" is bullshit.
    Expecting that miserable people that do not want to live; still should, seems like the most cruel torture I can imagine.
    I like juice

Deleted
    dont talk about things you dont understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireon View Post
    Its very simple. If you think about it, go and see a psychologist
    That shit aint free, and if you attempt suicide and back out after the authorities get alerted you can even get fined more incentive to be successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    The easy way out.
    For cowards. There's more to that, than just easy way out, but why suicide. Losing will to live, fight to the death i say!

I want to be immortal, no matter the cost. NO MATTER THE COST!

In all but a few circumstances (terminal illness) I thought it was cowardly.

However after suffering from a bout of depression recently, I still think it's cowardly.
    RETH

Deleted
    I think people saying "it's selfish" or "it's cowardly" have never had to live through the kind of stuff that people tend to commit suicide over. For example, take trans people, the minority group with the highest suicide rate in most of the developed world (at around 30%, with 50% having had at least one suicide attempt by their 20th birthday).

To say it's selfish or cowardly to such people would show a complete lack of understanding for their struggles. You can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to be in that position, to wake up every day feeling sickness and hatred for your own body, and often being in a position where your family don't approve of transitioning, so you are stuck like that, watching your life pass you by trapped in this shell of misery that you can't escape from. If you can't understand wanting to kill yourself in that position, you have no empathy, and to say "Go and get help" or "Think of the people you leave behind" when often it's the people you are leaving behind who won't allow you to go get help just shows a clear lack of understanding. Obviously this is just one case and not all people who commit suicide are trans, but I'm just using it as an example. Not that I'm advocating suicide, I don't think it's the right option, but I can understand why people would want to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    In all but a few circumstances (terminal illness) I thought it was cowardly.

However after suffering from a bout of depression recently, I still think it's cowardly.
    Diagnosed?

Clinical?

I've tried killing myself twice, and am diagnosed with it amongst others.

You'd get chided if you stated it's cowardly to the various mental health workers and psychologists... So #datarmchairpsychology

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who considered it at one point, I can see where they come from.
    The only thing that kept me from taking the final step was finding someone whom I liked and who liked me back.

Oh, and a few hours at a psychologist, but that's besides the point..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forcing people to stay alive against their will is pretty dumb its your life you should have the option to end it if you'd like. Kevorkian only helped people kill themselves that were actually suffering whats selfish about that? Really who are we to tell other people what they can and cannot do with their life. And if its the easy way out have you ever tried it? Not so easy to make that decision.

everyone has the right to choose what they do with their life,

and i agree with the above poster here, saying it's "selfish" and "think of everyone you leave behind or hurt with your actions" is stupid. Stop and consider, why would that person commit suicide? because they believe their life is shit and not worth living, and how is that not torture to "force" someone to live when they really want to die? The absolute worst thing you can do to a dying cancer patient for example, is so ban doctor to assist with suicide (euthanasia).

The only person who's views are important regarding this matter, is the person who wants to die. Family and loved ones can be very selfish, you may see it as "love" and what not, but making someone live a miserable life simply because YOU can't move on is worse than letting go.
    Last edited by Dannz; 2013-12-10 at 01:28 PM.