Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I've liked many people in wow. Liked them so much that I've flown to meet a few. I've liked liked a couple girls from wow but not through wow. Really enjoyed their company after actually meeting them. Never got together with any due to distance.

Four years ago I met the girl I'm currently engaged to in Stormwind bank LOL! Mutual friends told me to try to "troll" her, so being a 16 year old boy, I asked the obvious question "how many fingers can you fit into your vagina". Being the awesome girl she is, she comes back with the classy answer of "3 fingers only. 4 fit but it hurts too much." Been in love ever since. Now were are set to be married on October 15th of next year on our 5 year anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I met a girl in WoW once. Was the best person I've ever met, we spent some tough couple months having an online relationship but we stuck to it.

4 years of marriage next august already

Back in the old days, when you had to look for people to do a dungeon with I met her. After the dungeon we kept talking, added each other and eventually we had a relationship for about 2 years. We broke up mainly because of the distance... I don't regret anything, we had a great time together and sometimes still hang out online

When I was level 5 I met someone that I would consider I 'liked' a lot. I stuck around with them for a LONG time but never got around to meeting them irl, wish I could have though :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I gotta say it, one thing that had always turned me off about serious relationships was the stuff i would hear from guys about their non-gamer girls.

"you play too much of that stupid game!!"

"what do you mean you need a new PC? yours is working perfectly already!!"

The kind of fights i have with my wife is things like stealing Riot Points from each others accounts. true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Logeli View Post
    I had been within the same gaming community for 4 years split between different games. I had just finished my 2nd year of uni and it was around the time 4.2 was in full swing. My community was about fun rather than progress, real life meets for weekends of debauchery etc. Anyway, I was considered the best healer in our guild and started helping them clear 4.0 content. During an afternoon, I got a message from a Mage in my guild called Deily, my eyes are bad and I thought it said Delly and she wanted me to help with a Bastion of Twilight run (I still call her Delly to this day). I said yes and we carried on talking afterwards. Eventually we added each other's Battle net and soon Email addresses.

She had a concern about appearances and didn't want to share pictures. By around New Year we installed Whatsapp on our phones and we were averaging around 200 messages a day. We told each other everything, we were and still are best friends. By the next summer, 2 months before MoP going live, I invited her over to hang out. I had seen pictures of her at this point but we essentially had been having an emotional relationship for a while. We spent two weeks together in Northern England (it didn't rain once) and we still raided together, during downtime in raids we had a cheeky cuddle on my bed, it was great!

She left England and we both felt a bit down, two weeks later I was on a plane to Sweden to visit her. No raids, just me and her (and her dog, Kajza). I left after a bittersweet 4 days but we knew what we felt. It took two weeks of planning and searching, even calling in favours, but I moved over to Sweden to be with her. That was 15 months ago and we are still together, not raiding but still active in WoW together.

tl;dr met a girl on wow, talked for year, now living together.
    Wow, such a nice story!

Thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by songare View Post
    -snip-

tl;dr: Met a guy in BC, we eloped during wrath and had our son during ICC.
    These are great stories! I want maor!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merany View Post
    Well, I think it was during TBC or early Wrath... I was pretty depressed at the time, and my memories from those years are kinda fuzzy, so I can't remember how we met. But it was a russian guy, a fair bit older than me, who I felt I could relate and open up to. So we did dungeons, talked on Skype, he managed to force me into some arenas... I eventually broke it off, though, I didn't believe it would ever lead to anything more than an internet romance, I was terrified by the thought of it becoming a kind of "meet-in-real-life" relationship, and I was just a general mess at the time. He got pretty mad, I guess, and threatened to kill me. But to be fair, I understand that he lost it, considering I broke up via e-mail, without giving him explanations.

In all, a regrettable experience... Wish it had gone differently.
    Hope you're feeling better now =(

Yep. Liked quite a few people. Flew out to blizzcon for one of em. We had a marvelous time, spent the entire time together. After I returned and being on the opposite coast, life seemed to take us in two different directions. Our conversations dwindled and we eventually lost contact.

Now I wonder what happened to her.....

Kalypso, I love you.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    -snip-
    Weird! People can be weird, don't think it's all WoW played though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieBaker View Post
    I met my wife in WOW. We have been together for 6 years, married for 3. She was the guildleader of a guild that I randomly joined. She would give nicknames to some of the longtime guy members. I told herone day that I wanted a nickname. We talked and she gave me "lover". We started talking a lot after that. I eventually flew out to meet her. She flew back with me and decided to move in with me. About a year later we moved back to her hometown.
    Awww! Nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    -snip-
    Thank you for sharing!

Deleted
    I have, met many players that became my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    -snip-
    I like your story! Thanks for sharing, you kept it surprisingly interesting!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    -snip-
    Love it, was adorn but ended positively! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azyl View Post
    -snip-
    Wow… Lol, that's a weird opener!

yep. met my husband when I needed a tank who could tank that prison break quest in BRD without me as the healer(my first alt so this was early Spring 2005) dying. We started dating a year later and are now expecting our daughter January 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    yep. met my husband when I needed a tank who could tank that prison break quest in BRD without me as the healer(my first alt so this was early Spring 2005) dying. We started dating a year later and are now expecting our daughter January 8th
    Wow! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    Wow! Congratulations!
    thank you =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I met my wife in WoW back in 2007. We played together for about 3 years before I decided to fly and move from Florida to California to live with her and get married. We still play WoW together and currently have 3 girls and a boy...cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Klapaucius5691 View Post
    Yes. I met my wife in WoW back in 2007. We played together for about 3 years before I decided to fly and move from Florida to California to live with her and get married. We still play WoW together and currently have 3 girls and a boy...cats.
    Dang, so many good stories out there!

I want to hear more!

i had a super crush on this person i used to hang out with all of the time. i never let him know i was a female, but i imagine it was pretty obvious i was crushing hard on him. we did all kinds of things together, he even rolled need on a blue drake he already had and gave it to me. god i miss him...
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-12-10 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I did for the longest time. After awhile her and I met up and spent a bunch of time together, it was definitely worth it but in the end it didn't work out due to the distance and neither of us really had enough money to keep paying to fly to see each other. We stopped talking and ended up switching servers awhile after, I do wish it turned out better but then again, we were pretty young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow's brought me something special, if it wasn't for wow, I'd not have fallen in love.

Of course it was a bumpy road, before I meet them, and I meet guys via in wow and other warcraft connected sites, made friends this same way, but some of the guys who I meet i thought I'd develop feelings for ended up with just.. one thing in mind, and nothing else.

thankfully, that all changed, thanks to roleplay, and now very much real life getting to be with them. If I had never become a wow addict, I'd never have meet them.

strange how these things work out.
    #boycottchina