10+ Year Old Account

Should i use optimize network for speed?

How do i know if this option is right for me? I've heard that if you have a crappy provider it should be turned off, but im not sure. Someone also said that it being on could cause some raid lag. What does it do exactly, and when should a person have it on?

Also, I know this is more of a technical question, but i put this thread in WoW general discussion because its an in game question.

To be honest I don't even know what it does but my friend hated it with the passion.

Something that does help with latency issues is Leatrix Leatency Fix. It really does help I found
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    To be honest I don't even know what it does but my friend hated it with the passion.

Something that does help with latency issues is Leatrix Leatency Fix. It really does help I found
    It reduces the db of the line, thus making the connection speed higher.

I'd say that if your line is stable (no drop outs etc), then you'll probably be ok to use it. Using that option can make your line unstable, hence why if you generally have drop outs with your connection it's best not to use it.