Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 48
... LastLast

Cool Blizzard is making heroics harder than MoP : Good or Bad?

So Taepsilum on the WoW forums stated some changes about challange modes and heroics, most notably making heroics more difficult than MoP.

link of his response here : http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ngeons-in-wod/

Having said that, the current planned difficulty scheme for 5mans at max level is Normal, Heroic and Challenge mode.
    Right off the bat, we can clearly say that WoD heroics will be much harder than MoP heroics.
    What do you guys think? Will the QQ of Cata begin again? How many of you hate the idea of Heroics being difficult again and how many are all for the use of CC's and tough boss fights?

EDIT : here is some speculation about how the new gearing system might work if they up the difficulty of heroics. Ordered most easy to most difficult from top to bottom.

Scenarios --> Prepare you for normal dungeons.
    Normal Dungeons --> Prepare you for LFR and Heroics
    Heroic Scenarios --> Prepare you for LFR and Heroics -Requires Pre-made group.
    LFR--> Prepare you for Heroics and Normal Raiding.
    Heroics --> Prepare you for Normal Raiding and Challange Mode. -Requires Pre-made group.
    Challange Mode --> Prepare you for Normal Raiding and Mythic. -Requires Pre-made group. (Probably will only drop heroic Ilvl loot.)
    Normal Raiding -->Has a flex feature installed, harder than LFR but easier than Mythic.
    Mythic Raiding --> Most Difficult Raiding difficulty.

Keep in mind WoD will actually have normal dungeons at level cap, so yes there will be an alternative now to heroics. So basically if you don't want to do heroics do normal dungeons instead. LFR and Heroics drop similar gear levels and will prepare you for normal raiding.
    Last edited by StrayFox; 2013-12-11 at 04:07 PM.

Well the MoP instances were a joke, so harder being relative, it might not even be close to as difficult as Cataclysm 5mans in 4.0.

Well they did that in Cataclysm, can't say it worked out well, guess we shall see:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Good.

At this point I do heroics, as a tank, as frost. Why? Because nothing can kill me. I can solo the heroics. They're disgustingly easy and they have been since the start of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want heroics to be as hard as they were in TBC days... cataclysm was nice, but it still wasn't as hard. Also they need to bring back keys for heroic
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Now that would be great. If they could just make sure the dungeons are rewarding through out the expansions life, that would be great.

Oh and remove the cap or double it for valor/justice.

Depends on how hard, I liked the difficulty of the 4.0 instances but there was a lot of qq about it.

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Now that would be great. If they could just make sure the dungeons are rewarding through out the expansions life, that would be great.

Oh and remove the cap or double it for valor/justice.
    Me and some friends said that Heroics should always be hard and continue to drop gear that is great. for example, timeless gives you gear so you may do LFR and Flex, lets update heroic dungeons each patch to give gear to prepare for LFR and Flex and above that even. I don't like farming easy dungeons for valor/justice all the time.

Deleted
    Awesome! But it won't last long. The noobs will cry and the devs will cave again.

There should be some really, really challenging stuff in the game. Not everyone is meant to do and see everything.

It is nothing short of amazing. Heroics haven't had any heroic feel to them in a long time. They've been cake walks with chests of loot at the end. If this causes some groups to wipe, GOOD! I miss wiping. I miss when mechanics couldn't be ignored. I miss actually having to play my class to kill something. Now I can probably get on my mage and just melee something for 10 minutes because the tank is unkillable.

If they're going to make 5-mans viable content throughout the expansion (or at least throughout their patch), then sure, go for it. I'm up for a challenge but the issue with Cataclysm wasn't getting through them the first time, it was having to grind them. Heroics, since Wrath pretty much, have been a tool for grinding daily this and that, and are only relevant content until you're properly geared for raiding.

Doing Heroic Grim Batol the first time was frustrating but epic, much like going through a little 5 man raid. I loved it.

Doing Heroic Grim Batol the next 15 times with people who (geared or not) couldn't get me through the instance in under 2 hours so I could get my damned points was agonizing.

I'm pretty sure with decent raid gear any class can solo MoP heroics at this point. Does that seem right to you?

Oh thank bloody hell. MoP heroics steeped down into brainless level to such extent I have no words for it. They were practically duoable from start if you had one brain cell rubbing against another.

Any sort of difficulty increase would only be incline.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Cata dungeons weren't hard, even on heroic. The only thing hard about them was keeping the 2-3 people getting carried out of the spinny electrical death in heroic VC. A couple of acheesements were obnoxious as well, but that was more an issue of herding cats than anything else.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis12 View Post
    Doing Heroic Grim Batol the next 15 times with people who (geared or not) couldn't get me through the instance in under 2 hours so I could get my damned points was agonizing.
    Sounds like you mostly ran with people who had no clue how to handle the dragon. GB was one of the faster heroics and easily doable in 30-45 minutes unless someone was a straight-out idiot.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

FINALLY, my face was hurting everytime i queue up all that rolling, keys in the eyes it was getting annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics being difficult is not stupid if the heroics contained loot equal in quality to LFR, and could serve as the pre-normal raid stepping stone like LFR does, but one that is a better challenge for a smaller group.

Heroics being difficult is stupid and downright retarded if they are to be the gear path to LFR. As LFR itself is not difficult, and Blizzard should not make a difficult path to the EZ raid content.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Sounds like you mostly ran with people who had no clue how to handle the dragon. GB was one of the faster heroics and easily doable in 30-45 minutes unless someone was a straight-out idiot.
    Most of the random groups I had would fail on dps (had one group where everyone was doing 2.5k) so we'd eventually die or couldn't seem to learn how to split and slow the adds on the final fight.