Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich King's 1 hit kill in ICC

What happens if you survive the hit at 10%? Can you run around while he does his speech? It does about 1m last time I checked the log so people can take that by now

yes you can run around and even dropp him to 1 HP

Our DK tank was surviving it back in WotLK already. And yes you can just continue hitting him like the poster above said.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Either you'll survive it and be unable to attack him, or they'll change it to a 1-hit mechanic like the quest in Icecrown (You died, no damage done).

*edit* Nevermind, see posts above.

I've seen several tanks survive it, now. They can DPS him down while he does his speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I wanna know is what happens if a monk uses Touch of Death on him before he hits 10%

10+ Year Old Account
    You can keep hitting him no probs. I farm him for his invisible mount weekly now, and usually survive it. For reference, I'im a bear tank, 1.3M hp or so. Sometimes the cloak procs, sometimes I just soak it like a champ. I don't try to kill him though, I let him rez my spriest partner and let her get a few hits in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    What I wanna know is what happens if a monk uses Touch of Death on him before he hits 10%
    Nothing nothing and nothing.
    VS PVE creatures touch of death does dmg EQUAL to your HP, but it requires your target to be at "your hp". So if u have 500k hp, u cant use Touch of Death until boss has 500k.

the 10% is ONLY for pvp purposes.
    edit. and only optainable through 4 set pvp.

If you do survive Fury of Frostmourne at 10% and decide to take him down to 1hp during his speech, make sure you kill him before Tirion Fordring has a chance to attack or you won't be able to loot the body. You can kill him at 1hp when Arthas starts leviating after Tirion Fordring breaks free from the ice and destroys his sword.
    Last edited by Shdwbane; 2013-12-10 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    Wrong paladin

I used to do a weekly ICC25H transmog run and our tank always survived it and killed him before we could get ressed. We could still loot him but he had to mass res us.

Quote Originally Posted by elegorn View Post
    Wrong paladin
    lol oops, fixed thanks

Deleted
    You can survive with any class these days.
    Nothing will happen if you do, sadly the boss has bugged out sometimes when he hits 1health.
    So, you simply dosent wanna do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont even need to be a tank

With the icc buff my shaman has like 800k hp with just sham rage i usually have 30+%hp left

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

10+ Year Old Account
    you only need like 30-40% reduction cooldown to survive it this xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Nothing nothing and nothing.
    VS PVE creatures touch of death does dmg EQUAL to your HP, but it requires your target to be at "your hp". So if u have 500k hp, u cant use Touch of Death until boss has 500k.

the 10% is ONLY for pvp purposes.
    edit. and only optainable through 4 set pvp.
    Wrong wrong and wrong. (I main a brewmaster, I know how the ability works)

I mean when a monk gets more HP than 10% of what lich king has. He has 17,400,000 health on 10m normal. That means monk only has to get 1.75 million health to be able to do it. Given that at 568 ilvl without gemming or focusing on stams or using any stam trinkets I have over 800k unbuffed health, I imagine if you throw in a stam buff, some stam gems, some stam trinkets, the 20% you can get from fort brew + the 30% ICC buff, getting more health than 10% of LK health is doable.

And if that doesn't work, bring a resto sham along and you have even MORE health. Yes, virginia, you can Touch of Death the lich king before he hits 10%.
    Last edited by Ailylia; 2013-12-10 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    you only need like 30-40% reduction cooldown to survive it this xpac.
    Any lock using SL+Sac and Soul Leech will survive it easy.

I was surviving it in Prot ToT gear. It's more than doable, at this point.

Survived it last week as disc priest with just divine aegis and nothing else. Stupid vile spirits ate my shield right before this week so I died. Oh well. You still can't kill him til the RP is over. Still was pretty funny to me the first time it happened.

a bunch of us did it twice these past 2 weeks. half the group died and the other half somehow lived through it. they were just running around attacking but LK sits at 1%.