Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    why even bother about her opinion? just ignore her forever :>

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So the kind of house you grew up in determines your hat preference? I await the publication of your research.
    I love the hypocrisy of women being socially accepted to call a man a "fedora wearing neckbeard" as an insult, but if a man calls a women a "braless femnazi" he's labelled a misogynist and his opinions considered irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Here's the reason why the neckbeards love wearing fedoras and get so mad when their privilege is threatened. They grew up watching their mother and their grandmother cook and clean for her man. When their dad or grandfather said something that's what happened. They saw these spineless "sweet" women and in their minds were promised their own one day. Now they get angry when women aren't happy being household slaves and are making the men cook and clean for themselves and are demanding all the perks the ones born with a penis have always gotten. So they long for the days of when men had women under their thumb, the days when men wore fedoras and suits.
    there are enough women out there who actually like to care about their better half... but yeah fuck them, right?
    how stupid of a woman to take care of her husband, how could she?! anybody who takes care of someone else is actually a total ignorant fool and should be put down immediately!

Deleted
    I think it's about time to drop it, folks.

The guy admitted he may not be totally in the 'right'. And lets be fair to him, he's probably the only person in the MMOC community that admits to being wrong on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    there are enough women out there who actually like to care about their better half... but yeah fuck them, right?
    how stupid of a woman to take care of her husband, how could she?! anybody who takes care of someone else is actually a total ignorant fool and should be put down immediately!
    Exactly. Goodness forbid I want to make my boyfriend's life easier. He works a lot harder than I do, so I do all of the cleaning, cooking, and take care of the bill paying. He is very thankful but honestly even when he didn't work that hard, I did it.

I just enjoyed it.

I am apparently all for oppressing my own gender. Wish someone would have told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I love the hypocrisy of women being socially accepted to call a man a "fedora wearing neckbeard" as an insult, but if a man calls a women a "braless femnazi" he's labelled a misogynist and his opinions considered irrelevant.
    I'm a guy, nice try though.

I'm pretty sure calling people neckbeards isn't socially acceptable because a woman is calling a man anything, but because gamers are still a "weird" and looked down upon subculture, so it's OK to make fun of them.

Feminazi on the other hand gets flung around way too often to refer to anyone who has a vagina and disagrees with you. It should be saved for the kind of people that think men should be kept underground like cattle and only used for reproductive purposes (which will not occur via intercourse).
    The disparity doesn't end with labels.

Was watching Chopped the other day on Food Network, and some European male model was on the show. The female judges kept making these awkward innuendos about his body/appearance. That kind of behavior isn't limited to that show, it happens all over the news/media.

A man does the same thing over an attractive woman? He's a misogynist pig. If it happened on the cooking show, you could toss in a "she has more abilities than just her breasts and ass, misogynist pig" on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post

I'm a guy, nice try though.
    Post was a generalization about social trends, not you. Nice try, though!

Deleted
    A man does the same thing over an attractive woman? He's a misogynist pig. If it happened on the cooking show, you could toss in a "she has more abilities than just her breasts and ass, misogynist pig" on top of that.
    They are just woman who takes them serious anyway?

Missing the point, if there ever was one, looks infinitely more fun.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I'm with Tradewind here.

How can I miss the point ALL the time? I get my own miniature rocket ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    They are just woman who takes them serious anyway?
    Considering the current social climate in which women are free to disparage and sexualize men without reprisal, I'd say a lot of people do. Talk about a woman with that kind of tone, and you're a misogynist pig, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Missing the point, if there ever was one, looks infinitely more fun.
    The point was directed at someone whining about independent women who think too much and asking where are all the mindless spineless women that will be sweet to him and wait on him hand and foot. Of course this is mmochamp so a bunch of random people start making totally irrelevant statements about how their gf likes to take care of them but they repay the favor which means they weren't at all the type of person I was referring to.

I'm just gonna leave the thread anyways, this same thread keeps happening over and over until it gets locked and a new one is born. You just get a swarm of ignorant white men coming in giving petty examples like "oh we're treated like mindless cavemen who like meat and beer in commercials" and those little sexist problems against males invalidate all the problems women face daily in their minds. Useless to even try and talk to these people.

Deleted
    Considering the current social climate in which women are free to disparage and sexualize men without reprisal, I'd say a lot of people do. Talk about a woman with that kind of tone, and you're a misogynist pig, to say the least.
    I mean the only reason why they get this leeway is because nobody takes them serious. Its sad.

They don't even hold themself accountable on the same level as others. Look at sharon osbourne keeping her job after doing the equivalent of joke dubbing an acid attack on an iranian woman.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-12-11 at 07:08 PM.

The point was directed at someone whining about independent women who think too much and asking where are all the mindless spineless women that will be sweet to him and wait on him hand and foot. Of course this is mmochamp so a bunch of random people start making totally irrelevant statements about how their gf likes to take care of them but they repay the favor which means they weren't at all the type of person I was referring to.

I'm just gonna leave the thread anyways, this same thread keeps happening over and over until it gets locked and a new one is born. You just get a swarm of ignorant white men coming in giving petty examples like "oh we're treated like mindless cavemen who like meat and beer in commercials" and those little sexist problems against males invalidate all the problems women face daily in their minds. Useless to even try and talk to these people.
    It's probably for the best anyway, there is far too much jimmy rustling involved.

I'm not saying there isn't any sort of special pleading or hypocrisy afoot. You just kind of made an irrelevant and incorrect reply to my post.
    "Neckbeards" are just another subset of men that is socially acceptable to openly disparage. Women do this to all kinds of subsets, over weight men, effeminate men, overly masculine men, etc.

That's what I meant by my post, it's not just limited to neckbeards, I merely used them as an example because the previous poster used it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I mean the only reason why they get this leeway is because nobody takes them serious. Its sad.

They don't even hold themself accountable on the same level as others. Look at sharon osbourne keeping her job after doing the equaivalent of joke dubbing an acid attack on an iranian woman.
    I disagree. IMO, it's because it's socially acceptable now to wage war on men, because of a perceived "privilege." What fucking privilege? I'm a white male, and have never been given a free ride or a break from anyone, public or private. There may have been privilege decades ago, but in my life time (30+ years) I've not been afforded squat.

I disagree. IMO, it's because it's socially acceptable now to wage war on men, because of a perceived "privilege." What fucking privilege? I'm a white male, and have never been given a free ride or a break from anyone, public or private. There may have been privilege decades ago, but in my life time (30+ years) I've not been afforded squat.
    I was gonna say something similar earlier on, but you did a better job of it this time around.

I bust my ass to get where I am.

And yet, no one can actually provide any concrete examples of women being marginalized or oppressed beyond anecdotal "it DOES happen" replies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I was gonna say something similar earlier on, but you did a better job of it this time around.

I bust my ass to get where I am.
    I'd love to debate some actual examples, yet time and time again these threads are chock full of people complaining about stuff that has no concrete examples. Then, when someone offers a concrete counter point (W.I.C., car insurance rates, advertising/media, etc.) it's hand waived as a "marginal issue" that doesn't carry the weight of reproductive rights/oppression. What reproductive oppression? Frankly, I'm tired of the anecdotes.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to deal with it: Ignore it.

You know it's not right, then ignore it. I used to reply to everything I saw in the internet which was plain wrong, but then I realized that I could be doing that for ever. So now I just reply once in a while when shit gets seriously out of order