Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa of Carthage View Post
    Actually no, it's a direct result of women being the ones to ask for custody, which in turn is the result of gender roles as you mentioned. There is no bias on the part of the court to give custody to women due to those stereotypes. Judges are more likely to consider women unfit due to that stereotpye ('if you were a good mother why would the father ask for custody?')
    I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa of Carthage View Post
    Actually no, it's a direct result of women being the ones to ask for custody, which in turn is the result of gender roles as you mentioned.
    It's a bit of both really, as above here where men seek custody they're awarded it equally, but there are simply less men seeking custody. In other countries I'm under the impression the disparity is also related to an old judicial presumption that children should go to the mother as they are the better carer - which is a very direct reflection of gender roles being institutionalised by the legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I've still never heard anybody say anything like that.
    Mind officially blown.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Really? That's kind of been an attitude that's been around a long time. 'Course, I suppose any of this stuff might have some variation between nations.
    I don't know if this has been said or not but I think it is selfish. Not in the exact context of your quote however. By having a child you are directly responsible for everything they ever experience. You forfeit your individuality and must use your maximum effort towards the child. This is why I have a difficult time believing having children isn't immoral. One thing you may think is "you can't be certain of their circumstances". Well, since we have no experience of the alternative the argument is invalid. It can be selfish to not devote yourself to your kids first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzingtakin View Post
    I don't know if this has been said or not but I think it is selfish. Not in the exact context of your quote however. By having a child you are directly responsible for everything they ever experience. You forfeit your individuality and must use your maximum effort towards the child. This is why I have a difficult time believing having children isn't immoral. One thing you may think is "you can't be certain of their circumstances". Well, since we have no experience of the alternative the argument is invalid. It can be selfish to not devote yourself to your kids first.
    This is fucking stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidatom View Post
    I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that.
    Study 1: MASS
    2100 cases where fathers sought custody (100%)
    5 year duration

29% of fathers got primary custody
    65% of fathers got joint custody
    7% of mothers got primary custody

Study 2: MASS
    700 cases. In 57, (8.14%) father sought custody
    6 years

67% of fathers got primary custody
    23% of mothers got primary custody

Study 3: MASS
    500 cases. In 8% of these cases, father sought custody
    6 years

41% of fathers got sole custody
    38% of fathers got joint custody
    15% of mothers got sole custody

Study 4: Los Angeles
    63% of fathers who sought sole custody were successful

Study 5: US appellate custody cases
    51% of fathers who sought custody were successful (not clear from wording whether this includes just sole or sole/joint custody)

From the New England Law review - http://www.amptoons.com/blog/files/M...Bias_Study.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I've never heard that mentality before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I never heard it either.
    And now you have. Sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now you have.
    Yeah well....IT IS STUPID. By Elune what kind of crap is that. Sheez.....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    I did mention the blind didn't I?

The majority of sexism towards women is benevolent today... really. So if every time you got somewhere in life people remarked "It's because you love taking it up the ass", that wouldn't be harmful to your life at all. Fair enough, your prerogative. (One example of MANY daily situations for women in the western world)

Are you joking? Four times as many men are pathetic that's why they're putting the gun in their mouth - where did that statistic come from btw? How does that have anything to do with sexism. Wtf are you even talking about.
    The stat is sound. It comes from every academic books that deals with psychology. The reason it is sexist, is because society does not pay much attention to why men are killing themselves. Issues are not focused on as one is focusing on female issues such as breast cancer.

And now you have. Sadly.
    I think he's implying both sexes can be selfish in that regard. But regardless, that's a rather odd way to look at it.

Deleted
    Are you joking? Four times as many men are pathetic that's why they're putting the gun in their mouth - where did that statistic come from btw? How does that have anything to do with sexism. Wtf are you even talking about.
    Never go full..... you know what i mean
    Just wow you are one bigot under the sun do you claim you are a moderate feminist?
    I feel pure hate for the bias and spitefull nature of this remark.

fearom just stop being the way you are.

To claim that people who choose suicide are pathetic because they are male (or female) is just mindboggling hatefull
    emotionless, sexists, ignorant and well pathetic anyway to think its ok to say something like that on an open plattform..
    i don't know this makes me sad.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-12-11 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah well....IT IS STUPID. By Elune what kind of crap is that. Sheez.....
    I can be less wordy and conciderate if you'd like.

By having children you are thereafter responsible for everything good and bad that happens in their life. Since we cannot say what not existing is like, we cannot say existing is the better choice. Having children is immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Study 1: MASS
    2100 cases where fathers sought custody (100%)
    5 year duration

29% of fathers got primary custody
    65% of fathers got joint custody
    7% of mothers got primary custody

Study 2: MASS
    700 cases. In 57, (8.14%) father sought custody
    6 years

67% of fathers got primary custody
    23% of mothers got primary custody

Study 3: MASS
    500 cases. In 8% of these cases, father sought custody
    6 years

41% of fathers got sole custody
    38% of fathers got joint custody
    15% of mothers got sole custody

Study 4: Los Angeles
    63% of fathers who sought sole custody were successful

Study 5: US appellate custody cases
    51% of fathers who sought custody were successful (not clear from wording whether this includes just sole or sole/joint custody)

From the New England Law review - http://www.amptoons.com/blog/files/M...Bias_Study.htm
    Massachutte is not large enough though. It is very small state. Perhaps, there are reasons for such divorce agreements where they had to forgo child custody. There is also the case of wife ending up with the house, while husband has to find somewhere to live.

10+ Year Old Account

By having children you are thereafter responsible for everything good and bad that happens in their life. Since we cannot say what not existing is like, we cannot say existing is the better choice. Having children is immoral.
    In your twisted perception sure but it's pretty bullshit no matter how you swing it.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Massachutte is not large enough though. It is very small state. Perhaps, there are reasons for such divorce agreements where they had to forgo child custody. There is also the case of wife ending up with the house, while husband has to find somewhere to live.
    14th largest state by population according to the 2010 census.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Agreed.

Here is a more complete survey:

http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2011/08...-support-data/

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Never go full..... you know what i mean
    Just wow you are one bigot under the sun do you claim you are a moderate feminist?
    I feel pure hate for the bias and spitefull nature of this remark.

fearom just stop being the way you are.

To claim that people who choose suicide are pathetic because they are male (or female) is just mindboggling hatefull
    emotionless, sexists, ignorant and well pathetic anyway to think its ok to say something like that on an open plattform..
    i don't know this makes me sad.
    http://bit.ly/zPsyxp

Sure you can. You do this every second you choose to still keep existing. If not, you'd simply kill yourself and nonexist.

Deleted
    Thats not satire thats sexist. Well probably got the job for blowing dicks /jk

Now change blowing dicks with pathetic for killing yourself and you have a total kicking the dog moment.

But its ok when you make fun of men? Sexism.
    Male victims hilarious had it coming HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Pathetic fuck killing himself.

Do you get it? Its a men he has to be strong thats why its funny that he actually chooses to kill himself.

Female Police Officer killling herself hahahah probably didn't want to suck dicks anymore.
    No /jk in the world can reduce your bad taste.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-12-11 at 03:08 AM.

Deleted
    Humans are all exactly the same.