Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Some men want to watch Azaroth burn

Yes indeed. I am Calthazar, I am a wow player just like you. I have played it since the beginning and loved every minute. However, I think all good things must end at some point or later. I thought it was with Mists of Pandaria when WOW will finally die. The fact is, the game is dated. I don't think that its worth the money you have to pay in order to play it. So here is my opinion and reasons on why I think WOW should burn like the rest of the old MMOs.

1. Combat: WOW's combat system, although great back in the day, is now very dated and quite boring and unsatisfying. I don't think that my attack should be dependent on dice rolls. I want to feel like I hit the guy, and WOW's combat system doesn't give me these feels.

2. Boring and stupid quests: Now we all cannot deny that there are some quests that touch the soul of us humans and WOW, and then there is quests like collecting pumpkins, bodies, and crates. There is thousands of these repetitive, annoying quests, and I want that to end.

3. Non-Casual friendly: We all know that WOW is not friends to the casual player, for a casual player you will find the dungeons or raids in WOW very tedious or impossible. The monsters you face in the dungeon, are insanely hard for someone who has not dipped their heart and soul in this game.

4. Terrible Dated Graphics: No one else has the sack to say it, so I will. The graphics are awful. The old polygon style of creating games is over, time for new. Time for new, time for new. I don't need to say much more, I know you all feel this way.

I could go on about all the more cons on WOW, but I won't. The fact is, WOW was a great, and unique fantasy MMO. Now its just a shell or ruin of what it once was. I think its time for WOW 2. New combat system, races, and graphics. What do you think guys??

1) Combat is the best I have experienced out of all other MMO games I have played.
    2) Yeah, okay, you got me there!
    3) What? Wait... Seriously? Are you trolling me bro?
    4) Parts of WoW do show their age, but the game is getting a facelift for the next expansion.

While I do think WoW is "dying", I don't think it will ever, truly, die.

Quote Originally Posted by Calthazar View Post
    Yes indeed. I am Calthazar, I am a wow player just like you. I have played it since the beginning and loved every minute. However, I think all good things must end at some point or later. I thought it was with Mists of Pandaria when WOW will finally die. The fact is, the game is dated. I don't think that its worth the money you have to pay in order to play it. So here is my opinion and reasons on why I think WOW should burn like the rest of the old MMOs.

1. Combat: WOW's combat system, although great back in the day, is now very dated and quite boring and unsatisfying. I don't think that my attack should be dependent on dice rolls. I want to feel like I hit the guy, and WOW's combat system doesn't give me these feels.

2. Boring and stupid quests: Now we all cannot deny that there are some quests that touch the soul of us humans and WOW, and then there is quests like collecting pumpkins, bodies, and crates. There is thousands of these repetitive, annoying quests, and I want that to end.

3. Non-Casual friendly: We all know that WOW is not friends to the casual player, for a casual player you will find the dungeons or raids in WOW very tedious or impossible. The monsters you face in the dungeon, are insanely hard for someone who has not dipped their heart and soul in this game.

4. Terrible Dated Graphics: No one else has the sack to say it, so I will. The graphics are awful. The old polygon style of creating games is over, time for new. Time for new, time for new. I don't need to say much more, I know you all feel this way.

I could go on about all the more cons on WOW, but I won't. The fact is, WOW was a great, and unique fantasy MMO. Now its just a shell or ruin of what it once was. I think its time for WOW 2. New combat system, races, and graphics. What do you think guys??
    1. WoW's combat system is much more responsive than other games. While it may not be super flashy, other game's combat just feels terrible. WoW's combat actually DOES feel like you hit a guy, while some games it is only indicated by a change in their health.

2. If every quest was OMFGDRAGONSDEMONSZOMBIESVEHICLES then no quests would feel special. It only feels special when there is contrast.

3. LFRetards lets you kill everything. Also casual=/=bad if stuff is hard for you that is a reflection of your skill, not playtime. Git gud. This game is TOO friendly to bad players. If you suck ass you shouldn't be downing Garrosh, but Blizzard has made it that way.

4. Its on an old engine, so they are limited. But graphics do not make a game good, gameplay does. Graphics are the last thing that need to be worried about. Good graphics and good gameplay are great, but there is limited development time and capabilities, so Blizzard should not be worrying about graphics over gameplay. Rarely will people quit a game because of bad graphics if the gameplay is great. People will quit a game with good graphics if the gameplay sucks. The ridiculous value on graphics some people have is cancer to game creation. They need to make everything with 10000 polygons and particle effects, or else it won't sell. Character model updates are enough.

WoW is fine. Stop trying to make the game Dress Up Barbie the MMO.

Deleted
    I very much agree. But I think Blizzard has put their hope on Titan instead of WoW 2. And they'll just milk WoW until it's dead.

And I think it's a smart move, because even if the whole system gets upgraded, the graphics are updated, the mechanics are streamlined and tweaked to today's gaming community, at the end of the day it'll still roughly feel the same due to being in the same game universe. WoW 2 might become popular, but I doubt it'll be played for 10 years like the original WoW was. Because of that, I think Titan might be a better option, it'll be completely new!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. best combat system vs others in my opinion
    2. its a mmorpg quest like that are part of the design
    3. serious?
    4. graphics dont make a good game good
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

this combat system is the sole reason I play wow and not some other mmo

Some men think their opinion equals fact.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    You spelled Azeroth wrong and wanting a MMO to die is kind of sad. Shows how jaded and hateful they are inside. I know SWTOR isn't doing great but you don't see me hating on it or wanting it to die. Same with EQ and such. I swear...lots of generations these days are full of negative emotions.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    "Some men want to watch Azeroth burn".

These "men" are the Twilight's Hammer in WoW, you know?

Anyway...despite the fact that I find revolting any kind of "nostalgic-drama thread", I will spend one minute in answering some of these silly points:

The combat system remains very effective and fluid, and this improved with time (some pvp fights were more enojyable in Vanilla/TBC when there were far less spells/skills, but the lack of resilience and other bad things made many of them very awful, resolved with a bunch of lucky crit-blows).

I love to see how these nostalgic guys with a skill for drama often use "I want" in their statements, like if they are some special snowflakes which they absolutely deserve to be listen. Well, here's a scoop: you aren't.
    About quests, not all of them can be absurdly epic: there are MANY of them, and many will obviously resolve in gather stuff/killing monsters. On the contrary, Blizzard made a decent attempt in giving more variety expansion after expansion, offering many quests with something "unique" or simply unusual compared to others.

3. Non-Casual friendly
    I didn't even need to go further, WoW is EXTEMELY casual-friendly, and the fact that you said that mobs in dungeons are so hard for anyone which didn't completely devoted himself/herself to the game make me think that you're just another failed troll.

4. Terrible Dated Graphics: No one else has the sack to say it, so I will. The graphics are awful.
    Nice Sherlock, but the fact is not that people don't have the balls for say it, simply 90% of them doesn't give a fuck about it. This is a MMORPG with a cartoonish graphic-style by the beginning, and had some minor improvements over time, and this is enough; MMO don't have to focus on graphics, and Blizzard ofcourse don't want lose customers which always enjoyed the game with a "lesser machine", forcing them to drastic changes, for a change that, in fact, basically no one cares about.

Maybe you have to figure out that the reason for which people keep playing WoW it is not ofcourse for all this stuff, most of them don't give a fuck about it.

The game is OLD, and expansions are not designed to drastically change it like if you're creating a new game. People which keep play WoW regardless is because still like this old game and enjoy the addictions that each expansion grant (gameplay/lore-wise alike). If you want all these changes, you have to ask for a new game, and this is OLD one.

A thread like this one is so fucking pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Some men think their opinion equals fact.
    I never said that, I said that this was my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad that it's full of venom so it's easily dissmissable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

1. same as most other mmos and works just fine
    2. who cares go raid
    3. now you slip up and everyone knows you are trolling 0/10
    4. old engine not much you can do with it, wait for wow 2 for better

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    "Some men want to watch Azeroth burn".

These "men" are the Twilight's Hammer in WoW, you know?

Anyway...despite the fact that I find revolting any kind of "nostalgic-drama thread", I will spend one minute in answering some of these silly points:

The combat system remains very effective and fluid, and this improved with time (some pvp fights were more enojyable in Vanilla/TBC when there were far less spells/skills, but the lack of resilience and other bad things made many of them very awful, resolved with a bunch of lucky crit-blows).

I love to see how these nostalgic guys with a skill for drama often use "I want" in their statements, like if they are some special snowflakes which they absolutely deserve to be listen. Well, here's a scoop: you aren't.
    About quests, not all of them can be absurdly epic: there are MANY of them, and many will obviously resolve in gather stuff/killing monsters. On the contrary, Blizzard made a decent attempt in giving more variety expansion after expansion, offering many quests with something "unique" or simply unusual compared to others.

I didn't even need to go further, WoW is EXTEMELY casual-friendly, and the fact that you said that mobs in dungeons are so hard for anyone which didn't completely devoted himself/herself to the game make me think that you're just another failed troll.

Nice Sherlock, but the fact is not that people don't have the balls for say it, simply 90% of them doesn't give a fuck about it. This is a MMORPG with a cartoonish graphic-style by the beginning, and had some minor improvements over time, and this is enough; MMO don't have to focus on graphics, and Blizzard ofcourse don't want lose customers which always enjoyed the game with a "lesser machine", forcing them to drastic changes, for a change that, in fact, basically no one cares about.

Maybe you have to figure out that the reason for which people keep playing WoW it is not ofcourse for all this stuff, most of them don't give a fuck about it.

The game is OLD, and expansions are not designed to drastically change it like if you're creating a new game. People which keep play WoW regardless is because still like this old game and enjoy the addictions that each expansion grant (gameplay/lore-wise alike). If you want all these changes, you have to ask for a new game, and this is OLD one.

A thread like this one is so fucking pointless.
    This is my opinion, and about caring about graphics. You are talking to someone who still plays Morrowind. Those graphics are dated. What I mean by combat is, I have seen some of the new mmo ideas of action based combat, you don't wait for your cooldown, you hit when ya hit, and you can do it multiple times. I liked this system, and since this thread is entirely my opinion, I have the right to say it. What frustrates me the most about WOW's graphics is simply, what did I say ohh ya. I play Morrowind, and Morrowind being made in 2001 looks ten times better than wow. They didn't even try. You can call me stupid all you want, you're just emotionally responding to someones opinion. I made this thread to have a calm discussion, not a blast off of idiots.

Deleted
    You're complaining that WoW is WoW essentially. You shouldn't be arguing for all these changes and just look for another game. All that WoW 2 would would do is update the game with a new graphic engine and the faction races would be mixed around a bit. The details of how that happened would be the perfect excuse for Warcraft 4 but a "WoW 2" would still follow the exact format we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Too bad that it's full of venom so it's easily dissmissable.
    Its not full of venom. Look I get it, you are a hardcore WOW and Blizzard fan and cannot comprehend that your game has flaws. I get that, and I have no problem with that. Don't say I am trolling, I am just stating my opinion. I still want WOW, I just want it to be more modern friendly. (Warcraft 4 would be nice too._

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    You're complaining that WoW is WoW essentially. You shouldn't be arguing for all these changes and just look for another game. All that WoW two would would do would update the game with a new graphic engine and the faction races would be mixed around a bit. The details of how that happened would be the perfect excuse for Warcraft 4 but a "WoW 2" would still follow the exact format we gave now.
    I played WAR2 when it came out, following WAR3. I can't stay away from the greatly crafted story and lore of the WAR universe. So I cannot play a different game, all I can do is complain, and request some things. Do ya get it now???

This is my opinion, and about caring about graphics. You are talking to someone who still plays Morrowind. Those graphics are dated. What I mean by combat is, I have seen some of the new mmo ideas of action based combat, you don't wait for your cooldown, you hit when ya hit, and you can do it multiple times. I liked this system, and since this thread is entirely my opinion, I have the right to say it. What frustrates me the most about WOW's graphics is simply, what did I say ohh ya. I play Morrowind, and Morrowind being made in 2001 looks ten times better than wow. They didn't even try. You can call me stupid all you want, you're just emotionally responding to someones opinion. I made this thread to have a calm discussion, not a blast off of idiots.
    By the mention of Morrowind im guessing you got into the elder scrolls beta and now want wow to be that...first off id like to start off by saying that i also go into the elder scrolls beta and that is the most boring, generic, cashing in on a franchise name i have ever played....the combat is horrible and in all the quest are just as boring however they have the little guild wars 2 cenimatic talking stuff which is a good thing but does not make the quest any less boring....all in all if you want wow to be elder scrolls online why not just play eso and leave wow alone XD
    Last edited by pastar; 2013-12-11 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    By the mention of Morrowind im guessing you got into the elder scrolls beta and now want wow to be that...first off id like to start off by saying that i also go into the elder scrolls beta and that is the most boring, generic, cashing in on a franchise name i have ever played....the combat is horrible and in all the quest are just as boring however they have the little guild wars 2 cenimatic talking stuff which is a good thing but does not make the quest any less boring....all in all if you want wow to be elder scrolls online why not just play eso and leave wow along XD
    Never got to play ESO actually... I only mention Morrowind because I am playing it right now.......

Never got to play ESO actually... I only mention Morrowind because I am playing it right now.......
    Well if you have not played it by how you see wow you will love eso...so no need to complain about wow anymore you found a new mmo to take its place XD

you are welcome

Deleted
    I played WAR2 when it came out, following WAR3. I can't stay away from the greatly crafted story and lore of the WAR universe. So I cannot play a different game, all I can do is complain, and request some things. Do ya get it now???
    Oh I get you, I'm not ramming your opinion in the dirt I just completely disagree. The only thing I can see where you're coming from is the combat system but I cannot for the life of me come up with a better one that would suit everyone. Quests however are the lifeblood of the game and always will be, and the game is as casual friendly as it's ever been. The graphics are dated but it looks amazing for how old it is and WoW's artstyle is among the best in the industry, I think for the time being it still holds its own.

The fact is, WOW was a great, and unique fantasy MMO. Now its just a shell or ruin of what it once was.
    Keep bullshitting, it builds great character.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing