Questions for Affliction(Multi-dot)

Hi, everyone. I'm a warlock user in Azshara,KR.

I have some question for multi-dot. Thanks for your kind comment.

SB = Soul burn
    SS = Soul swap
    SC = Seed of Corruption

1. For 2~3 targets(Fallen protectors), which one is better [doing consistently SS powerful dot(opening dot with proc, blood, metagem etc.) to every target] or [keeping MG to main target after doing the first SS for every target]?

-----> SS has 3 sec duration. we can keep powerful dot more longer by consistently doing SS to every target (SS A->B->C->A->B->C ....)

Is this better than keeping MG to main target ? (SS A->B->C and MG to A)

I'm sure that Keeping MG to main target is better for dot with 1 procs or no procs. But, I'm not sure for powerful dot.

2. For more than 4 targets(Galakras, Shaman), How can I do damage?

------> For Galakras(HP↑), SB:SS -> SB:SC(seed of corruption) -> SS to other targets -> SC to every target ...
    (SB:SC to other targets is maybe better than SS to other target with plenty Soul Shards)

For Shaman bubble(HP↓), SB:SC -> SC to every target

Is this right?

I think if mobs have low HP, then there's no time to SS. So, SB:SC and SC are maybe better choice.

But, mobs have high HP, then I have enough time to SS to other targets and SS does more damage than SB:SC.

Thanks for reading.

So, my 2 cents :

For protectors, maintaining powerfull DoTs wins hand down. For extra DPS you can apply your dots, inhale, change target, cast haunt OR 2 MG ticks, exale 0.2s before your buff falls down, inhale, change target, cast haunt OR 2 MG ticks, exale 0.2s before your buff falls down, rinse and repeat. doing that will actually give you more uptime of powerfull DoTs.
    BUT use it only after extensive training on target dummy, because in raid you will have to check your surrounding while doing this complex rotation. If you are not prepared you will either die or let your buffs/dots falls off.

MG is bad. You should focus on one target only if he needs to die or (for the protectors) another one shall not be DPS, or he will go into desperate measure too early.

For Galakaras, go destro. If, like me you refuse to switch FireLock then put your Dots on one target, then SB:SoC. Inhale before the soc explose (you will needs something like tidyplates and extensive target practice to get the timing right), change target and immediately exale. Inhale veeery quicly (like: spam your keybind) before the Sb:SoC explode again, and exale / inhale on every target. If your SoC explode before you could inhale it or you have more powerfull procs, SB:SS then SB:SoC again.

For the Shamans : leave the blobs to your destro friend. You are worthless for this task. Focus on playing ping pong with your powerfull dots on the two main target.
    "Well...I think you don't get the concept of World First. It's not Method, it's NOT an obscure asian guild whose name can't be pronounced by the regular folks, it's blizzard !

Yeah, cuz they had an internal test team, and they beat Garrosh. So by your standart, they are the true first."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Malefic Grasp does relatively no damage. Maintain the most potent DoTs for as long as possible.

Do you mean that maintaining both Strong DOT(ex. opeaning, 2 procs) and simple DOT(ex. no procs or lightweave) during

the combat by soul-swapping is the better than maintaining only Strong dot?

(I think maintaining simple dot by soul swapping is not better than MG. (For only simple dot))

I'm confused TT
    Last edited by Warlockczar; 2013-12-10 at 10:37 AM.

Protectors Opener:

- Prepot and Precast Haunt to hit right when boss is pulled.
    - SBSS onto your target.
    - Pop DS, Berserking, etc when you have procs like Meta gem, Purified Bindings, Black Blood, etc.
    - SBSS again.
    - MG spam and throw in another haunt if you have 2+ shards, but always save 1 shard for when those procs are about to fall.
    - SBSS right before any of the above mentioned procs are about to fall, usually its meta first.

At this point you know have the highest dot power possible. You will then proceed to do the following:

- Inhale current dot target
    - Haunt/MG current dot target
    - At .2 or .3 secs switch targets and exhale.
    - Inhale current dot target (you just switched remember)
    - Haunt/MG
    - Exhale
    - Keep this up until about 7-ish or so seconds remaining on UA on your last exhale target and manually refresh UA on this target.
    - Keep swapping until you have about 5ish or so secs remaining on Corruption on your last exhale target and refresh Corr.
    - Keep going but to do not let Agony fall and instead refresh with 3 secs or so remaining on your last exhale target or SBSS depending on procs.
    - Start the swap cycle over.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Thanks for reply.

However, since I'm not a native speaker, I don't know what [7-ish or so seconds means] thoroughly. Could you explain to me?

and,

Should I consistently soul swap throughout the combat?

(I understood SS for the strongest dot. But, I'm not sure to SS for weak dot.)

What have I done

You can also add Seed of Corruption with that to swap around with Mannoroths Fury if your guild stacks them.
    Last edited by worlds; 2013-12-12 at 12:52 AM.