Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Can't actually believe you just stated that t15 is mainly a pvp oriented tier. Oh jesus.
    Or that there have only been 2 fights you use CC on. I use Binding Shot on every single fight in SoO...

Edit: My bad, I don't use it on Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok. Still, 12/14.
    Last edited by Pengalor; 2013-12-14 at 04:33 AM.

BM, 2 active pets, balanced accordingly.
    I don't know if I would ever play another spec again it they made this happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    You already have that. It's called Dire Beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    There are enough bugs/disadvantages with one pet already in encounters so I personally wouldn't like to see this happen.
    Last edited by Kuul; 2013-12-14 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Or that there have only been 2 fights you use CC on. I use Binding Shot on every single fight in SoO...

Edit: My bad, I don't use it on Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok. Still, 12/14.
    Lmao, didn't even read that, was so shocked at the 15 thing.

Immerseus adds, Norushen big adds, Sha of pride big add, Galakras bonecrusher and grunt for Heroic, Dark shamans blobs, All adds on Nazgrim, Mines on Siegecrafter, Bloods on Klaxxi, Garrosh first intermission on heroic and the small adds for kiting.

He's clearly just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Lmao, didn't even read that, was so shocked at the 15 thing.

Immerseus adds, Norushen big adds, Sha of pride big add, Galakras bonecrusher and grunt for Heroic, Dark shamans blobs, All adds on Nazgrim, Mines on Siegecrafter, Bloods on Klaxxi, Garrosh first intermission on heroic and the small adds for kiting.

He's clearly just bad.
    How about Dire Beast being a burst pvp talent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    So you want to swap out a talent that is useless for PvP for another talent which is useless for PvE? All you've done is change which crowd the talent is useless for.

I agree 2 out of the 3 top tier talents are near useless for PvP depending on spec, but your suggestion is not a solution.
    I wouldn't call it useless for PvE.
    It would be very bad as a 100-tier talent though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    There are enough bugs/disadvantages with one pet already in encounters so I personally wouldn't like to see this happen.
    Agreed..

I wonder how it will work with pet buffs when you use the talent that makes you have no pet?

Tame elemental beast talent for hunters. Command Frostmourne talent for DKs. Allowing death-knights to take on the appearance of the Lich King (or giant boneguard) increasing damage dealt by X% during which time they are immune to stuns, charms etc or unable to die for the duration of the transformation for X amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently all the talents have a use in both PvE and PvP, so you even saying "god forbid their be a PvP tier" is ridiculous. The talent choices must and will have uses in both PvE and PvP, not one or the other. Also, I like your camo idea, but for a lower tier.

Deleted
    I don't see what was wrong with the blizzard detailed ones? More cleave, nice. No pet - think every hunter has campaigned for that at some point. Snipe at high haste will be interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    Currently all the talents have a use in both PvE and PvP, so you even saying "god forbid their be a PvP tier" is ridiculous. The talent choices must and will have uses in both PvE and PvP, not one or the other. Also, I like your camo idea, but for a lower tier.
    No, Snipe and Bola shot are 9/10 cases completely worthless or even counter-productive in PvP. And it remains to be seen if ww-you is worth it as MM/Surv or not, currently only useful as BM.

PvE-wise things are looking quite good, but it's going to be a lot of ww-you, since Snipe only works on stationary fights and bola is aoe only. If none of those two criteria are met, you have to go for ww-you pretty much. Bola can't outperform arcane single target enough to challenge ww-you, and Snipe won't work on more than 1-3 fights per tier probably.

Im personally hoping they ditch Snipe for something more interesting, bola could be fun but its very situational and hunter have pretty solid aoe already with Serpent spread and beast cleave. MM lacks a bit and bola could be nice, but will it outperform cutting the pet and gaining 30%? Highly doubt it.

So yea, lots of balancing issues with these talents imo. Let's hope they reconsider a few things before WoD!
    Last edited by mmoc1b385c8656; 2013-12-17 at 07:25 PM.

Snipe is very interesting. It raises the skill cap and gives you more damage for playing better.

Expecting changes to them. Personally, I don't like the options so much as talents aside from With or Without You. Snipe feels like it should be Marksmanship's staple filler instead of Steady Shot while Bola Shot fits the Survival theme to a T. Our specs need to be more unique and our talents the way they are merely adds more homogenization, the level 100 talents included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Those talents will change for sure, they're not good enough.
    Snipe is interesting - I don't really like the idea of not being affected by movement at all - but depends on the cast time (iirc I read 2.77 and that's a lot to fill in any rotation). Problem is SV won't take advantage from its mastery, MM won't trigger either CA or MMM. Won't be used in PvP much either.
    WoWY needs tweaking, SV and MM lose too much utility - 10s will miss hunter pets' buffs - and breaks half of our talents. Not to mention no sane PvP player will take it. On the other hand it's godlike to the other spec.
    Bola shot is weird; looks like an AoE talent but replaces a ST ability. MM would still want to squeeze AiS in ST, SV and BM would still want to use MS in an AoE scenario (and I believe lone ranger would still be better for BM thanks to beast cleave). So I guess it would be a decent choice for SV only. Terrible talent for PvP though.

So far they look fitting baseline abilities. Or just like they want to force us to be BM (again). They will change, or did everybody forget how first MoP lvl90 talents were?
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2013-12-18 at 01:13 AM.

Am I the only one who thinks 'With or Without You' is going to be the Hunter's equivalent of 'Grimoire of Sacrifice' ? I can see posts about hunters losing utility/RoS, I mean seriously guys Blizz isn't that dumb (atleast I hope they're not D: )

Also Snipe might be a good for MM if the next tier isn't as movement intensive as this one. The 2.77 sec cast will most likely be affected by haste so that might come down to 1.8ish secs if we stack haste as MM so that might not be so bad. Since Snipe replaces Steady Shot I'm pretty sure that its going to proc MMM too, probably with a slightly higher chance than what Steady Shot has now.

Bola Shot brings much needed cleave to non-BM specs. Multi-Dotting as SV isn't the same as cleaving, so Bola Shot might be a pretty decent change. Since no one knows what the DPS numbers will be, the actual damage this shot does might be debatable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks 'With or Without You' is going to be the Hunter's equivalent of 'Grimoire of Sacrifice' ? I can see posts about hunters losing utility/RoS, I mean seriously guys Blizz isn't that dumb (atleast I hope they're not D: )

Also Snipe might be a good for MM if the next tier isn't as movement intensive as this one. The 2.77 sec cast will most likely be affected by haste so that might come down to 1.8ish secs if we stack haste as MM so that might not be so bad. Since Snipe replaces Steady Shot I'm pretty sure that its going to proc MMM too, probably with a slightly higher chance than what Steady Shot has now.

Bola Shot brings much needed cleave to non-BM specs. Multi-Dotting as SV isn't the same as cleaving, so Bola Shot might be a pretty decent change. Since no one knows what the DPS numbers will be, the actual damage this shot does might be debatable.
    Good points. I hope you're right with the WoWY part, and I forgot that Snipe would replace SS so it's now obvious to me it will trigger MMM and CA. As far as Bola Shot is concerned, I guess it would be better to see it as a cleave mechanic instead of an AeO tool, which something hunters need desperately.

So I guess my concerns now only lie on what abilities won't be usable with WoWY, we'll see.

Ride Pets as Mounts

Am I the only one that sees hunters need more survivability? Deterence is nice, and Feigns good to drop threat. But Warlocks have so much ability to self heal, and Mages can soak a death dealing blow...I would like to see some more survivability from a class that has little and a spec named survival. I would like to see some self heals for hunters. Fight or Flight - Faced with death the Hunters adrenaline pumps healing for X% of damage done, and Y% of damage taken. Hunters are left subbed out for a few fights simply because they dont have the self healing, or raid cooldowns that other classes have.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Renisis86 View Post
    Am I the only one that sees hunters need more survivability? Deterence is nice, and Feigns good to drop threat. But Warlocks have so much ability to self heal, and Mages can soak a death dealing blow...I would like to see some more survivability from a class that has little and a spec named survival. I would like to see some self heals for hunters. Fight or Flight - Faced with death the Hunters adrenaline pumps healing for X% of damage done, and Y% of damage taken. Hunters are left subbed out for a few fights simply because they dont have the self healing, or raid cooldowns that other classes have.
    2 charge deterrence with a 2min CD is ridiculously powerful. I don't think I would be far off if I said it was the best personal defensive in the game. There are so many raid mechanics you can basically ignore with it. When wiping on progression I'm nearly always the last one up (next to our stupid OP blood DK tank) because I can negate all the big hits. We also have passive self health or damage reduction and glyphs to boost our damage reduction and healing. I'll definitely agree that we could use some sort of healing baked into the class available regardless of spec, pet, or talent. Maybe make window venom a leech type spell with a healing debuff, but otherwise we are pretty sturdy bastards.

You shouldn't compare warlocks to hunters as currently implemented, because warlocks are stupidly OP. Pretty sure you can progression raid with the minimum to fill in buffs, and the rest warlocks, and do just fine.

I completely agree with you about deterrence (I even said Deterrence is good). I usually am the same way for heavy raid damage. I'm talking in terms of stress on healers hunters could use some sort of self heal/survivbility. That is why warlocks get stacked so much. Good Damage, self heals, and great raid utility (portals, rock locks, battle res, Summons...) We have exhilaration but AOIH is superior. You know how many times I have died to rocket fuel leak because I have no health stone, and deterrence doesn't effect it. Disengage only heals a tiny bit. A hunter can wish right?

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore