Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    First time ever that I hear someone taking WH40k seriously.

MOAR SKULLS, MOAR SKULLS! << WH40k in a nutshell.
    Isnt that a bit hypocritical from you?

Watching Garrosh fight the Shado Pan in the 5.4 cutscene patch makes just wonder what the hell you're missing.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Nope. Every time they want a villain faction, it's a 50/50 chance they come up with something new or have a group splinter off from the Horde and call it the _____ Horde. Old Horde, New Horde, True Horde, False Horde, Boolean Horde, Fel Horde, Iron Horde. Mongrel Horde. I could go on. The current Horde is a relatively new development that formed under Thrall when the orcs escaped from the internment camps, and doesn't have much in common with the Old Horde aside from naming things after their major figures. Arguably it started when Garrosh hit the floor at the end of Siege, because he sort of had rights to the name. Long story short, there are a ton of Hordes, and it's a pain in the neck keeping track of them.
    What a pile of nothing ahah.
    Short answer. No. He's wrong. There was a horde in Warcraft 2. With trolls, goblins and ogres.
    Reason why many play wow.

Deleted
    First time ever that I hear someone taking WH40k seriously.

MOAR SKULLS, MOAR SKULLS! << WH40k in a nutshell.
    What are you saying exactly about warhammer 40k?

This will be fun.
    Please explain yourself.

That I refuse to take that game too serious.
    Their way of making something 'badass' is by putting more skulls on it.
    Something dedicated to god of blood and skulls is red and covered with skulls.

Whats next, you will say that Aztecs were funny people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Exactly, i dont see what's wrong with skull decorations. Slaaneshi one's are much better tho.

Stand-up comedians, all of them.
    But hey, you need a sense of humour if you want to field that collection of skulls.
    I wont deny that Khornate champions have some sense of humor.

Althogh what they find funny is something that would make most of the Azeroth population scream for their blood.

Ironicaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

The Warhammer 40k universe is hyperbole incarnate. It's not that it's unserious or not true to its principles, just that it would be impossible to make a parody of it. In order to make a parody of a work you have to make it more extreme, exaggerate aspects of it in the interest of creating humor. Create a caricature. Warhammer 40k has hit the absolute ceiling of extremity in every regard. Any attempt to exaggerate it would result in a work that looks identical to it.

Some people find this funny. That's just the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The Warhammer 40k universe is hyperbole incarnate. It's not that it's unserious or not true to its principles, just that it would be impossible to make a parody of it. In order to make a parody of a work you have to make it more extreme, exaggerate aspects of it in the interest of creating humor. Create a caricature. Warhammer 40k has hit the absolute ceiling of extremity in every regard. Any attempt to exaggerate it would result in a work that looks identical to it.

There is parody of warhammer 40k. Its called soulstorm.

The theme for MoP was (mostly) original and fresh imo. Sure it had its ideas and concepts taken from Asian influences, and some people probably aren't used to seeing these things but I personally don't mind that - I want something different for once. I'm sure a lot of others wanted something a bit more unique also.

The game kind of needed something new, and its previous expansion, cataclysm, was somewhat of a letdown (with the exception of FL and the release trailer perhaps). For me, I've always regarded TBC as one of my most favorite expansions to date but MoP comes close and I'm glad Blizzard worked so hard in making this expansion deliver.

To be fair, they found the sweet spot by actualy ramping the "dark" switch up to eleven.

Also, I think it is an acurate representation of what would actualy happen if fantasy tropes were real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    WoW has lost its tone of seriousness and with it, its immersion too.
    Very much agree with this OP, well said.

To the people who keep spewing the bullshit about Warcraft 3 "not taking itself" seriously:

Warcraft 3 had HUMOR elements, but they didn't break immersion of the game MOST of the time. Things like the hidden Hydralisk were drastic examples where it did, but it was one small thing in tens of missions.

And for fuck's sake, yes, we all know that when you click units multiple times they say really funny things, but it's only when you DECIDE to click them multiple times, they don't say that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is parody of warhammer 40k. Its called soulstorm.
    I must say I got an exceptionally good laugh out of looking this up.

I quite enjoyed MoP (Pretty much done with it now) The scenery of Jade Forest when I first arrived was amazing and well done.

It's not my fav or least fav expansion. But it is definitely time for a new expansion. I did SoO about 5 times so far and that seemed like 3 times too many. Not a very fun instance for me at least.

As for jokes as others have said, you'd be hard pressed to find a zone in WoW that didn't have some joke quest storyline. I think it adds a bit of brevity to the constant doom and gloom.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to talk about Warhammer 40K do it some other forum. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "The Horde" as you like to reference it (and as the "official", playable faction) did not exist in WC2. Simple as that.

Again, you're just spouting off one falsehood after another because you want to keep on with this, "Pandas and Pokemon!" level of MoP-bashing instead of coming up with something real to critique.
    none of Warcraft from WC3 and onward existed back in WC2. WC3 is a complete and utter retcon of the original RTS games. Which is why I initially skipped wc3 and didn't give WoW a chance until summer 2006.

To retcon the evil horde into morally ambiguous victims of circumstance was a necessary evil to pave the way for WoW though. I can admit that now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "The Horde" as you like to reference it (and as the "official", playable faction) did not exist in WC2. Simple as that.

Again, you're just spouting off one falsehood after another because you want to keep on with this, "Pandas and Pokemon!" level of MoP-bashing instead of coming up with something real to critique.
    How do you know what "horde" am I referring to?
    I lived off Warcraft 2 for ages. More than the first it's the one that go me hooked up on many things and the reason why I started playing wow later on.
    Why are you saying there was no "horde" in Warcraft 2?
    I mean I'm just curios that's all.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-12-13 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    How do you know what "horde" am I referring to?
    I lived off Warcraft 2 for ages. More than the first it's the one that go me hooked up on many things and the reason why I started playing wow later on.
    Why are you saying there was no "horde" in Warcraft 2?
    I mean I'm just curios that's all.
    Nobody ever said there was no Horde in WC2. There most certainly was a Horde in WC2. And there is a Horde in WoW. The thing you're not getting is that they're not the same organization. The WC2 Horde was beaten and completely dismantled. The Horde as it exists today was formed from scratch after that, with a new leadership, a new command structure, new goals and new members. It started being called "the Horde" while the WC2 Horde started being called "the Old Horde" to demonstrate the distinction.

MoP is good. Compared to the trainwreck that was Cataclysm (that SHOULD have been the good expac tbh), and the single button, unbalanced spam fests of vanilla, it's not bad.

I think a lot of the complaints just come from the theme, not the actual content or improvements or anything. BC dealt with the burning legion and was very sci fi based, Wrath was all about the scourge and Arthas and was pretty lore heavy, Cata was very unfinished, short, and disjointed, and MoP was pretty much a clean side story expansion about conflicts between the alliance and horde.
    Do not underestimate us.