Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Returned a few months ago myself resubbed enjoying the dailies the leveling as well .I,m on red eclipse sith side but its chocablock there rep side is a bit quieter but i am leveling there so thats probably why .overall its a big up on what it used to be .

Game play wise its better the dailies are repeatative but tbh they are quick and not overly hard too accomplish aka log in main do dailies or weekly (can both be done on same planet so no major inconvenience).then go pvp pv content or muller stuff on a new alt and so on over al its a lot of fun and as you said your looking for a break and enjoy the questing best time to do it especially with the christmas break etc.
    Faith Manages

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is still slowly going down the tubes still. Dont let some of these folks fool you. How many rounds of server merges have their been? 3? 4? Each time the die hards said" Its great, its lively, servers are packed" then a few months later another server merge. Rinse repeat.

If you are just playing for the stories and not the MMO elements, Im not sure if the population really matters, but if you are looking for the longer term MMO elements I would stay away from this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
    This game is still slowly going down the tubes still. Dont let some of these folks fool you. How many rounds of server merges have their been? 3? 4? Each time the die hards said" Its great, its lively, servers are packed" then a few months later another server merge. Rinse repeat.

If you are just playing for the stories and not the MMO elements, Im not sure if the population really matters, but if you are looking for the longer term MMO elements I would stay away from this game.
    2 -and there haven't been any server merges for quite some time now.
    I don't know if you play regularly or just feel the need to spout but I am currently playing and don't have too many problems getting groups for heroic missions, FPs and WZ queues. Sure if you queue as DPS you have to wait 20(ish) minutes for a FP queue to pop but this has been the case with every MMO I've played.

I am currently playing and don't have too many problems getting groups for heroic missions, FPs and WZ queues. Sure if you queue as DPS you have to wait 20(ish) minutes for a FP queue to pop but this has been the case with every MMO I've played.
    Really? I have been attempting to play casually lately and I queue as Healer [Sorc] and Tank [BH] and have very long wait times.

Sometimes, I can't even do the dailies/weeklies due to how long I am in queue. Like I don't get any pops.

SWTOR has the slowest LFG queue I experienced. I do not play DPS classes in MMOs typically. But my queue pops in Rift and WOW as a tank are almost instant- like 10 mins at most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really? I have been attempting to play casually lately and I queue as Healer [Sorc] and Tank [BH] and have very long wait times.

Sometimes, I can't even do the dailies/weeklies due to how long I am in queue. Like I don't get any pops.

SWTOR has the slowest LFG queue I experienced. I do not play DPS classes in MMOs typically. But my queue pops in Rift and WOW as a tank are almost instant- like 10 mins at most.
    I don't know what server you play on but on The Red Eclipse I've found the queues are very healthy.

I mostly play tank, sometimes heal and very occasionally DPS and when queuing as tank it is very quick for a FP queue to pop, at worst it is 5 to 10 mins in mid levels and usually less (often instant) for max level HM FPs. Not sure about LFG tool for Ops as I only do those with my guild.
    When on my healer I usually have to wait a little while but not usually more than 10 minutes, DPs queues are obviously longer but like I said no longer than other MMOs I've played.
    Heroic missions when levelling are a bit more hit and miss but you can usually get them if you spam general for 10 minutes or so while you are running other missions. Groups for HC missions in lvl50+ daily areas are easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    I don't know what server you play on but on The Red Eclipse I've found the queues are very healthy.
    Ebon Hawk and Jedi Covenant, respectively. US servers.

In about month of returning to play TOR again, queues have been pretty long at all times of day. I am a subscriber as well.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-12-30 at 06:13 PM.

I was curious and had a headcount today at 10:20 am GMT at the server Red Eclipse. There were 1055 players online between levels 1-25.

Yes the servers are lively and its attracting a ton of new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    I was curious and had a headcount today at 10:20 am GMT at the server Red Eclipse. There were 1055 players online between levels 1-25.

Yes the servers are lively and its attracting a ton of new players.
    out of curiousity, how are you getting such a large number? I've found the /who commands are not a specific or friendly with filters or I just don't know SWTOR's filter commands when /who'ing, but searches are truncated to 50 random matches in criteria unless I'm mistaken.

Deleted
    Can't get ingame atm, but I'm pretty sure, that both 'who class name' and 'who level' work. With combinations like 'marauder 16-20' it should be a bit of work but reasonably easy to get a census.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    out of curiousity, how are you getting such a large number? I've found the /who commands are not a specific or friendly with filters or I just don't know SWTOR's filter commands when /who'ing, but searches are truncated to 50 random matches in criteria unless I'm mistaken.
    Command bar filters are a bit weird but filters work properly at the who window.

I just used level as a filter. then put everything in a spreadsheet.

Edit: Unfortunately it is not practically possible to get a census without a way to extract the data to a file.
    Edit2: But we can make an educated guess. Red Eclipse has a peak population over 9000. Assuming the 10% rule is also true for SWTOR, we have 90k active accounts

Last edited by Odegon; 2014-01-03 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    Red Eclipse has a peak population over 9000.

good to know, command-wise though. I though tthey'd be similar to WoW's but I couldn't get them to work the same for a long time. Is 100 the limit on display?

EDIT: thought about it after posting, a 90k population on one server sounds reasonable, with a dozen servers that accounts for the roughly 1 million active logins last reported as population instead of subscriber numbers.
    Last edited by Gelda82; 2014-01-03 at 07:35 PM.

They seem pretty lively. I was recently on Tatooine and saw several people running around questing. It's not crowded by any means, but that's just one planet and a couple play sessions for data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    They seem pretty lively. I was recently on Tatooine and saw several people running around questing. It's not crowded by any means, but that's just one planet and a couple play sessions for data.
    Also Tatooine MUST be the least populated planet in the galaxy! Most people seem to hate that planet so much they spend as little time there as possible, myself I tend to PvP a lot of the level ranges on Tatooine and Alderaan.

No planet is more hated than Alderaan.

Maybe Voss or Balmora. But Alderaan feels like it never ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleton View Post

SWTOR feels more like a slow revival than a slow death, but what do I know?

I just bailed from CZ-198 because I could not get my dailies done. Just soooo many people and I wanted to go to bed, and am about to in five minutes or so. Seriously, like 3-4 people gathered around each quest item. US Harbinger.

Tuesday evenings, gotta get the weekly over with lol

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, not for me. Alderaan was fine (except for House Rist, I think it was, with miles and miles and miles of underground caves with mobs every 5 feet.) Belsavis, for its labyrinth, Hoth for its blinding whiteness, and Tatooine for its wide boring expanses that never end.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    yeah kind of a shame about the H missions. when I play and try to get a group for them I get two responses, most common response is silence, the 2nd response is to solo them.
    Yeah im one of the jerks that tells people to solo H2 missions cause they are cake with a healing companion. H4 however...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Yeah im one of the jerks that tells people to solo H2 missions cause they are cake with a healing companion. H4 however...
    Yeah but even the H2 are quicker, easier and usually more fun with 2 players and 2 companions. At the end of the day the reason people play MMO games it to interact with other players, otherwise you could just play solo offline games.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    From what I've seen every server is packed. I kind of miss having an entire world to myself, cause having all those people around gets in the way of my questing. But if you're wanting other people around, you'll be happy. They're everywhere.
    don't forget to try and switch to a different instance of the planet; that usually works for me in this game and others with that option (Tera channels); you might have to hop more than once; or switch again in a different area of the planet depending on the other people

Considering we just had a massive battle of about 100 people at the Organa Spaceport at 1am in the morning, Jung Ma is certainly lively.

Alderaan is one of my favorites! Voss and Belsavis on the other hand...

If you've leveled several characters you'd be surprised how many H4s you can solo with all that presence and a little patience. The heroic moment abilities are incredibly strong. Some classes are way better at it than others. When I leveled my sorc forever ago Khem Val and I could solo a good chunk of them on every planet. It took more time than it was probably worth, but it's definitely doable.

More on topic... I find the Empire side is pretty lively, but the Republic side tends to only be busy during prime time. At least this is the case on Pot5. I'd really like to find a busier Republic server to play on.