Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the road to my inevitable death.
    Posts
    6,362

    YouTube going off the deep end?

    First the endless nagging about Google+ ...

    Now,



    So much for "don't be evil" ...

    Lets not talk about the shit they are pulling with Android.

    Looks like Jobs was right when he said, it's amazing how much people trust Google. He is no saint himself, but it did make me think, "Why am I trusting Google?". Now lo and behold ...

    Edit: Angry Joe released a (calmer) video with more details,



    This whole thing is mental.

    This is what happens when a company gets monopoly power ...

    Companies like Google need to be strictly regulated if not outright nationalized for the sake of the industry.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-12-13 at 01:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Strange, I thought content flagging due to copyright was part of DMCA and YouTube would have no liability. Under that, YouTube simply had to provide a method for copyright owners to report and for content posters to respond. Did that change? If not this guy is ranting about idiots flagging stuff, not about YouTube.

    Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

  3. #3
    Deleted
    I'd honestly rather want to pay for Youtube if it'd save me from all the stupid shit.

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Strange, I thought content flagging due to copyright was part of DMCA and YouTube would have no liability. Under that, YouTube simply had to provide a method for copyright owners to report and for content posters to respond. Did that change? If not this guy is ranting about idiots flagging stuff, not about YouTube.
    The thing is that youtube have an automated system called Content ID match that goes byond what DMCA requires. The system is most likely automated and it is used to match media from an archive with media in a video. If there is a match then the video is automaticly flagged. However, for some reason, youtube seems to have made a blanked check on everything witch have flagged videos from youtubers that actually have the right to use the content. It looks like there wasn't any claims made by anyone, as many publishers such as Blizzard, Deep Sliver, Ubisoft, Capcom and more, have said that youtubers that have gotten videos containing content from these publishers flagged sould dispute the claim rigth away so that it can be removed as fast as possible.

    If you have the time I would suggest watching this video as well. (I know it's long, but it's worth it.)

  5. #5
    Deleted
    WOW I love angry joe but 18mins of ranting. :? Wonder how this will impact other youtubers ?

  6. #6
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the road to my inevitable death.
    Posts
    6,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    WOW I love angry joe but 18mins of ranting. :? Wonder how this will impact other youtubers ?
    Clear sign how fucked up this is.

    If this goes on, his show will just be him in a room talking because everything else will get flagged and blocked ...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trengor View Post
    If you have the time I would suggest watching this video as well. (I know it's long, but it's worth it.)
    I don't, unfortunately, but I'm currently listening to a full album from a band on a major label known to contest content. Not a VEVO thing. It's still there. Has been for a long time. If they're picking out content from background music, I'd assume they'd have gotten this one by now. (The upload is not from anyone related to the band, but if anyone related to the band is reading this, I'm going to your concert in a couple months and I'll probably buy a t-shirt).

    Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't, unfortunately, but I'm currently listening to a full album from a band on a major label known to contest content. Not a VEVO thing. It's still there. Has been for a long time. If they're picking out content from background music, I'd assume they'd have gotten this one by now. (The upload is not from anyone related to the band, but if anyone related to the band is reading this, I'm going to your concert in a couple months and I'll probably buy a t-shirt).
    I forgot to mention it but apparently this is mostly just targeting video game related content.

  9. #9
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Let's players are screwed big time when this happens.
    They don't review games, so they can continue on fooling around in a game they're not good at and aren't interested in, just to hoard more views.

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't, unfortunately, but I'm currently listening to a full album from a band on a major label known to contest content. Not a VEVO thing. It's still there. Has been for a long time. If they're picking out content from background music, I'd assume they'd have gotten this one by now. (The upload is not from anyone related to the band, but if anyone related to the band is reading this, I'm going to your concert in a couple months and I'll probably buy a t-shirt).
    What kind of underground music you're talking about here exactly?

  10. #10
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Let's players are screwed big time when this happens.
    maybe they could find a real job now

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    maybe they could find a real job now
    Someone slightly jealous they're getting money to do the thing they love instead of you?

  12. #12
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    maybe they could find a real job now
    I think what people like Angry Joe, TotalHailbut, Swifty and Athene do is very demanding. And many of the skills they have would be in great demand in many jobs such as marketing skills, people skills, creativity, entrepreneurship, IT skills etc.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    I think what people like Angry Joe, TotalHailbut, Swifty and Athene do is very demanding. And many of the skills they have would be in great demand in many jobs such as marketing skills, people skills, creativity, entrepreneurship, IT skills etc.
    Sounds like you might do well in career placement!

    Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Someone slightly jealous they're getting money to do the thing they love instead of you?
    I don't think anyone's jealous of some Youtard failing for the sixth time at Angry Birds.

  15. #15
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    I think what people like Angry Joe, TotalHailbut, Swifty and Athene do is very demanding. And many of the skills they have would be in great demand in many jobs such as marketing skills, people skills, creativity, entrepreneurship, IT skills etc.
    Dunno about swifty, but angry joe and total halibut actually criticize games, not just put a longplay on youtube of them playing a video game

  16. #16
    Maybe more people will go over to twitch if youtube keeps fucking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  17. #17
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    Dunno about swifty, but angry joe and total halibut actually criticize games, not just put a longplay on youtube of them playing a video game
    Swifty is a very smart person, most people don't know how engaging he is with his audience, there is a reason he uses giveaways. I have seen a lot of his IRL and game videos and he uses analytic very well. That is something not to be sniffed at. As for Total Biscuit, he is British so of course he will always get my vote

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    maybe they could find a real job now
    They perform a task that is demanded of them for money. Isn't that the definition of a job? I think most of them are kind of idiotic too, which is why I don't provide them with my own traffic, but a job is a job, and that is a job. Enough people think they're worth their time for it to be so.

    It's not fair to attempt to trivialise what they do, as it also serves to trivialise the complaints people have about the subject matter at hand.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-12-12 at 11:50 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    482
    ...It isn't only about gaming, people. This system is also affecting those who might use some sort of content for movies, TV shows, etc. Mostly movie reviewers are getting the worst of it as well.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    Swifty is a very smart person, most people don't know how engaging he is with his audience, there is a reason he uses giveaways. I have seen a lot of his IRL and game videos and he uses analytic very well. That is something not to be sniffed at. As for Total Biscuit, he is British so of course he will always get my vote
    As ridiculous income stream it can seem on the face, I can't say I envy it (without knowing EXACTLY how much they earn though). There's a lot of work, dealing directly with unreasonable idiots by choice, about something they are passionate about no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •