Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Maybe more people will go over to twitch if youtube keeps fucking up.
    Even Twitch isn't immune to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/410574883651743745

Several gaming companies are now reaching out, saying people should complain if they get any kind of copyright shit.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I don't think anyone's jealous of some Youtard failing for the sixth time at Angry Birds.
    And yet they can easily make money from it and live the life a lot of gamers wish they could. Doesn't matter if they're bad or good, the jealously from your comment comes through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Strange, I thought content flagging due to copyright was part of DMCA and YouTube would have no liability. Under that, YouTube simply had to provide a method for copyright owners to report and for content posters to respond. Did that change? If not this guy is ranting about idiots flagging stuff, not about YouTube.
    This is not a DMCA thing.

No, this is a new thing - YouTube mass-flaggin CONTENT-ID matches on things that usually would be seen as "fair use"

Even music in a game used for "boss fights" in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    maybe they could find a real job now
    While not a "traditional" job, what they are doing is basically a job.
    A job is a regular activity performed in exchange for payment. A person usually begins a job by becoming an employee, volunteering, or starting a business. The duration of a job may range from an hour (in the case of odd jobs) to a lifetime (in the case of some judges). If a person is trained for a certain type of job, they may have a profession. The series of jobs a person holds in their life is their career.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_(role)

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    And yet they can easily make money from it and live the life a lot of gamers wish they could. Doesn't matter if they're bad or good, the jealously from your comment comes through.
    Man, just because someone doesn't like or agree with something doesn't make them automatically jealous of it. Do you live in a world where the lactose-intolerant drive by dairy farms every day and raise their fist to the sky, cursing cows?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe they could find a real job now

Sounds like you don't know what a real job is. A real job is something you do to earn money.

Seems to me they have a real job.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    ...It isn't only about gaming, people. This system is also affecting those who might use some sort of content for movies, TV shows, etc. Mostly movie reviewers are getting the worst of it as well.
    I got scared for a second, then verified that Red Letter Media's review of Phantom Menace survived.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SphessMahreen View Post
    Even Twitch isn't immune to this.
    Twitch TV recently had a major PR disaster too. I think the main contender that would replace YouTube would be Daily Motion.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'd honestly rather want to pay for Youtube if it'd save me from all the stupid shit.
    Stop that line of thinking RIGHT NOW! That would be giving in...

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Sounds like you don't know what a real job is. A real job is something you do to earn money.

Seems to me they have a real job.
    Hes just angry they do something they enjoy for a living and he doesn't :/

I am actually glad that this has happened. This kind of crap has been going on for years, but mostly only effecting the little guys who are either just starting out, or have not been able to join a MCN (multi-channel network). The reason it's getting so much publicity now is, the effected people are now also very popular youtubers who have a voice to cry shenanigans with. Now that a much larger group of people with more power have this issue on the front of their minds, perhaps something will finally be done about it.

And just to clarify, all the uproar is over claims that have no basis for being filed. For instance, some claims came from THQ, a company which does not even exist any more. Other claims coming from companies, like Blizzard, who have already stated that they had no intention of filing those kind of claims nor was it even an accident on their end just proves that something is terribly wrong with youtube's systems.

I do feel sorry for all the people who do this for a living who were effected by this, the money they are losing due to false claims could mean the difference between paying the rent or not.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/410574883651743745

Several gaming companies are now reaching out, saying people should complain if they get any kind of copyright shit.
    Doesn't really fix the problem though. Reviewers need the approval of the content provider whose content is begin reviewed? Surely, you are joking.

Dunno about swifty, but angry joe and total halibut actually criticize games, not just put a longplay on youtube of them playing a video game
    You come off as quite closed minded, arrogant, and oblivious to what a lot of the better play throughs are about. Ofc, there are a ton of terrible ones, but people have to start somewhere; even the best may not have been that great.

Good ones aren't just playing a game; they have to talk and play, while you think that might be easy, it isn't as much when you need to be entertaining at the same time, and not come off nervous/apprehensive either. Good ones have hundreds/thousands of hours of game play and remain entertaining. They also need to do a lot of editing.

If you seriously think it is that easy, give us a quick 1-20 let's play of WoW or whatever game you are currently playing, with edits, from annotations, to intro/outro music, and adding visual additions for effect or whatever during the video while explaining features, etc. Don't forget to be entertaining and don't talk in monotone, while playing at the same time. I'll patiently wait for this masterpiece and for you to show me just how simple it is for an 'easy' let's play.

People don't watch them to not buy the game, they watch them because of the personality playing it. There are a ton of them I can't stand out there. But I cannot deny that millions of people love this stuff. You are seriously downplaying what the successful ones do. The 'just put a longplay on youtube' ones don't have many subscribers at all, and not all of those are looking for that in the first place, some of them are simply sharing it with friends. I mean, I don't comprehend why so many people use and watch twitch, but you don't see me implying these people need to get a life.

I say, GOOD FOR THEM ... because I'm not jealous/envious. I'm more of the supportive type, instead of the piss on people's parade type.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Google shows that they don't give two fucks about anything. They're a giant, mindless money machine and they don't care about their users as long as their end goal is met.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    You come off as quite closed minded, arrogant, and oblivious to what a lot of the better play throughs are about. Ofc, there are a ton of terrible ones, but people have to start somewhere; even the best may not have been that great.

Good ones aren't just playing a game; they have to talk and play, while you think that might be easy, it isn't as much when you need to be entertaining at the same time, and not come off nervous/apprehensive either. Good ones have hundreds/thousands of hours of game play and remain entertaining. They also need to do a lot of editing.

If you seriously think it is that easy, give us a quick 1-20 let's play of WoW or whatever game you are currently playing, with edits, from annotations, to intro/outro music, and adding visual additions for effect or whatever during the video while explaining features, etc. Don't forget to be entertaining and don't talk in monotone, while playing at the same time. I'll patiently wait for this masterpiece and for you to show me just how simple it is for an 'easy' let's play.

People don't watch them to not buy the game, they watch them because of the personality playing it. There are a ton of them I can't stand out there. But I cannot deny that millions of people love this stuff. You are seriously downplaying what the successful ones do. The 'just put a longplay on youtube' ones don't have many subscribers at all, and not all of those are looking for that in the first place, some of them are simply sharing it with friends. I mean, I don't comprehend why so many people use and watch twitch, but you don't see me implying these people need to get a life.

I say, GOOD FOR THEM ... because I'm not jealous/envious. I'm more of the supportive type, instead of the piss on people's parade type.
    Wow, you sure got mad about my posts. I didn't say it's easy, I just think it's pretty shitty to get money off ad-revenue for longplaying a video game. But, whatever floats people's boats, after all there are worse people out there, who buy skin DLCs and stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you sure got mad about my posts. I didn't say it's easy, I just think it's pretty shitty to get money off ad-revenue for longplaying a video game. But, whatever floats people's boats, after all there are worse people out there, who buy skin DLCs and stuff.

Yup that first line of his fits you perfectly.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Yup that first line of his fits you perfectly.....
    I know, not everyone can be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Google shows that they don't give two fucks about anything. They're a giant, mindless money machine and they don't care about their users as long as their end goal is met.
    Or the alternative.. Google are facing up to the fact that their platform is being used for heavy copyright infringement and the good old days of people being able to use content however they wished are slowly coming to an end.

Don't get me wrong here.. I'm not saying what they're doing is right and i'm not saying content producers are wrong. But copyright has been an elephant in the room when it comes to the internet since day 1 and having seen so many torrent sites shut down over the last year.. it's clear that the issue is now being taken extremely seriously by the big companies.

The problem is people who have permission to use certain songs and content on their channel are being caught up in a much bigger net. So Google need to work on that. Perhaps certain companies can request they're excluded. But I fear it's a much more commercial issue than that and it may not be straight forward.

I sadly feel in 10 years the internet is going to look a lot different to how it looks now. With every day the internet gets smaller. Less people are creating content. Less websites are springing up. I fear it won't be long before it's mostly pay per view content and a very limited number of creative outlets. It's tragic really. I remember when everyone had a homepage. Now no one does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    And just to clarify, all the uproar is over claims that have no basis for being filed. For instance, some claims came from THQ, a company which does not even exist any more. Other claims coming from companies, like Blizzard, who have already stated that they had no intention of filing those kind of claims nor was it even an accident on their end just proves that something is terribly wrong with youtube's systems.

Google just put this automatic content recognition because they're too lazy to block videos that are reported for copyright infringement. The thing was here for a long time on Youtube actually, but only for some content. It's just that now it's for a lot of content and you'll have to wait for publisher's approval first in order to get the video on Youtube, which could be a pain, so I'm sure they're fixing the system now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Or the alternative.. Google are facing up to the fact that their platform is being used for heavy copyright infringement and the good old days of people being able to use content however they wished are slowly coming to an end.

Don't get me wrong here.. I'm not saying what they're doing is right and i'm not saying content producers are wrong. But copyright has been an elephant in the room when it comes to the internet since day 1 and having seen so many torrent sites shut down over the last year.. it's clear that the issue is now being taken extremely seriously by the big companies.

It's not like it will stop.. There have been pirates since boats. Killers since other people, and thieves since stuff to steal.

They won't "stop" anyone from anything.. Worse comes to worst it'll end up dead like Myspace. And someone will come out with a new site that lets you do all the "youtube" shit. Laws or boundaries don't stop anyone if they don't want them to. Death penalty? Yeah, people still kill one another. Copyright bullshit? Yeah, people will find a way around that too. Or just go on in head-strong, not giving a fuck. Either way, the ones trying to control, will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'd honestly rather want to pay for Youtube if it'd save me from all the stupid shit.
    ^^^^ This right here.. Is why they think they can get away with it. This right here, is the mentality that screws us all.
    This, is the Bob Saget in the room... "I'll suck yo dick for some coke man, just a lil bit."
    Last edited by Violent; 2013-12-12 at 02:14 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.