Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This will be a disaster, after MOP heroic easy mode dungeons making a 180° turn and slapping the people that grew accustomed to the "difficultly" and maybe going back to Cata difficultly (deja vu?) will throw allot of people for a loop.

Blizz should stop sending those mixed signals every new expansion. I can already smell the pug wiping in all those dungeons a mile away and the fallout of all the whinebombs.

Quote Originally Posted by fa3sr011 View Post
    I need some help understanding the new 5.4.2 Raid Browser changes. I've used it this week for Celestials and for Ordos and had no problem finding the interface in the old location. My question is after I've listed my name for the given Raid I've selected does Blizz match-make the raid group or does it take a physical player picking names and hitting the invite button?

When I listed my name I had an invite within minutes which was great but it left me wondering. Both of my raid groups were full 40-man groups so did it take an enthusiastic "raid starter" to hit the invite on 39 other player names?
    A player puts together the groups.

Lightning's Blade merge - is this US or EU?

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Why you didn't run them with the people you were supposed to raid with once you get that gear? Or the plan was to also raid with randoms? As far as I know LFR was first made much later in cata...

Anyway, content shouldn't designed for random anonymous un-enchanted/ungemmed afkers(no talking for you here, but for the general random wow player). Especially the content with the prefix "heroic"
    Maybe they were busy already doing dungeons or doing something else, I don't remember very well. I also did not want to bother other people too much.

Content should be designed so that there is something for all players, and I am completely fine with 5-man heroics being for the people who are maybe not as dedicated or skilled at the game. There are still heroic/mythic raids, challenge modes, scenarios etc that can all be tuned to be challenging if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungrir View Post
    This will be a disaster, after MOP heroic easy mode dungeons making a 180° turn and slapping the people that grew accustomed to the "difficultly" and maybe going back to Cata difficultly (deja vu?) will throw allot of people for a loop.

Blizz should stop sending those mixed signals every new expansion. I can already smell the pug wiping in all those dungeons a mile away and the fallout of all the whinebombs.
    Then maybe they should not suck at this game then.

Relax kid, it's Heroic Vortex Pinnacle level of difficulty, aka not difficult at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Then maybe they should not suck at this game then.
    Doesn't work like that with devs developing a game.

I recall Shattered Halls HC and what not from back in the old days.
    Can't see why people want that stuff back.

Difficulty =/= Fun and replayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatredsheart View Post
    Lightning's Blade merge - is this US or EU?
    (PvP) Lightning’s Blade and Karazhan
    This is EU.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    A player puts together the groups.
    Thank you for that clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Relax kid, it's Heroic Vortex Pinnacle level of difficulty, aka not difficult at all.
    Sigh, i was just stating what i observed over the expansion cycles. Changing the difficulty every expansion to the opposite direction is really a weird decision and most of the time it will reflect in the backlash from the community.

Sigh, i was just stating what i observed over the expansion cycles. Changing the difficulty every expansion to the opposite direction is really a weird decision and most of the time it will reflect in the backlash from the community.
    It is a good point. BC was difficult, WotLK was faceroll, Cata pre-nerf was difficult, MoP was faceroll,

So based on previous trends, it will come out difficult, people will cry, and they will nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I wonder how's that gonna play out lol
    You will eventually come across someone you cant understand and cant understand you I suppose.

I just hope they will adjust the reward in heroic.

Why would I go in pug and waste my time (whippe and wait 30 min ifor my queu to pop) in 5 men heroic when I can buy better gear from the AH or craft better loot than those crappy reward ( see Cata and MoP) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    This is EU.
    FINALLY. Thanks for the info m8.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Unless Blizzard has something up their sleeve, this sounds like a repeat of the Cata heroic disaster. I was expecting Normal, Heroic and Mythic dungeons (as well as CMs), not just cranking up the difficulty. MoP heroics were plenty difficult before we utterly outgeared them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post

Why would I go in pug and waste my time (whippe and wait 30 min ifor my queu to pop) in 5 men heroic when I can buy better gear from the AH or craft better loot than those crappy reward ( see Cata and MoP) ?
    Would you be happy if the Heroic 5man quality gear that dropped was on-par with say the first tier of the new xpak's LFR?

That way people doing raids could also run those to fill out pieces or at least feel another option was available...

However, I don't know if I want them to increase the difficulty and gear quality every major patch in those afterwards. There's a lot about vanilla and BC I miss, but having to do all the old content and then do all the older tier raids, just to gear up enough to join your mates in current tier was rather annoying. The part I hated the most about it was if you lost 1-2 key people, you had to put progression on hold (if you couldn't recruit someone of that gear quality) and gear up some alts or new people that was undergeared.

I like that people can quickly catch up. I was asked to start tanking on an alt DK that I literally only decided to finish leveling to 90 a few weeks ago. I did the Timeless Isle stuff for a day, had enough gear to start queuing up for LFRs and then guild ran through a TOT Heroic with me tanking in the 496's and I did fine, and got a bunch of 535 gear. I'm now doing SOO LFR and Flex perfectly fine and my DK alt has been 90 for less than 2 weeks.

Deleted

1.TBC : hard heroics . "We want them to be a challenge"
    2.WOTLK : easy heroics. "We thought the heroics were too long , too harsh , too much crowd control. Let's make them easy".
    3.Cataclism : The heroics were too easy . Let's make them again hard , let's bring back the crowd control,let's make them longer.
    4.Mists : We actually think the heroics were hard , and this time we will make them easy , shorter . And without cc required .
    5.WoD : Well, let's make them hard again !!

To be honest , this roller-coaster game design just show their incompetence . And keep losing them money. This hard-easy-hard-easy-hard-easy-hard just piss of everyone , the hardcore and the casual crowd.

If I would have been their boss I would have asked them to chose a game direction , no matter what , and fkin stick to it . Right now is just a mess.

And if they will manage , in their "infinitely wisdom" to make some heroics like those in Cataclysm , then WoD indeed will be a Time Travel Expansion.
    They will return at the moment when they lost 2 milions players because of the hard heroics. And will live again that moment .

And once people wipe 50 times on heroic Warlords heroics and whine about how they are to hard for pug groups... they will nerf them and be boring again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post

TBC heroics were played for the challenge by a lot of people. The timed events like in Shattered Halls were great putting a goal for your group to obtain after you have cleared it a lot already.

It would be interesting to see Heroics scale based on your iLevel.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    And once people wipe 50 times on heroic Warlords heroics and whine about how they are to hard for pug groups... they will nerf them and be boring again.

- - - Updated - - -

TBC heroics were played for the challenge by a lot of people. The timed events like in Shattered Halls were great putting a goal for your group to obtain after you have cleared it a lot already.

It would be interesting to see Heroics scale based on your iLevel.
    Rather just see Challenge Mode 5man Dungeons then... You have to have a preready group and then can que up... Boom, done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the harder heroics. The problem I and many others have with harder dungeons are those Latin/Brazilian servers on the Chicago datacenter servers. We have all the Latin/Brazilian servers and as most of you on this datacenter know, these people can be extremely difficult to deal with. Running Cataclysm heroics which these people was ridiculous and "planning, strategy, CC, improvisation" is almost impossible to do.