Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Hindus throwing their hat in the ring (Oklahoma)

Apparently, the floodgates are open.

They might have been able to weasel their way out of accepting the Satanism monument, but it's going to be a little harder to get around this one.

This makes me giggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    MOAR! We need MOAR statues! Come on, Flying Spagetti Monster statue!

I'd rather a non-stupid world where we separated churches from the state, but I suppose tons of random statues will push us there.

Deleted
    Why can't people treat religion as a personal affair. If I wanted to see a Giant Monkey (no offence) or anything else I would visit the appropriate temple. Holy moly this is beyond bemusing now. This is just bordering on stupidity, if I can't wear a cross with my uniform in my JOB because it would offend other faiths, then how is the statue of Satan/giant green monkey not offensive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    Why can't people treat religion as a personal affair. If I wanted to see a Giant Monkey (no offence) or anything else I would visit the appropriate temple. Holy moly this is beyond bemusing now. This is just bordering on stupidity, if I can't wear a cross with my uniform in my JOB because it would offend other faiths, then how is the statue of Satan/giant green monkey not offensive?
    What Nixx said. This isn't an "oh boy we can stick a statue on the lawn" move, it's a "we disagree that the Ten Commandments statue should be allowed, but if it is, let's mock it by surrounding it with as much stuff from any other religious or pseudo-religious group we can" move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this stuff never gets old. Watching special snowflakes complain is always amusing no matter what the venue is.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    Why can't people treat religion as a personal affair.
    Pretty sure that is the point they are trying to get across. Since they opened the door to make 1 religion public the rest should be allowed too.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Now they just need a huge Jedi statue and it will be EPIC.

Soon...the people that praise the Egyptian gods shall come and lay down 400 statues to their gods.. Then and only then shall Ok sink into the ground and produce the worlds largest swimming pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    MOAR! We need MOAR statues! Come on, Flying Spagetti Monster statue!
    A giant Haruhi figurine is already in the making

The funny thing, it isn't about religious exercise or rights of any kind.

This is nothing but spite, pure and simple.

If this was any other religion it wouldn't even be acknowledged but because it is Ten-Commandments this is happening.

I find it funny that people preach tolerance to others and don't show it themselves, the hypocrisy is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nictuswolf View Post
    The funny thing, it isn't about religious exercise or rights of any kind.

This is nothing but spite, pure and simple.

If this was any other religion it wouldn't even be acknowledged but because it is Ten-Commandments this is happening.

I find it funny that people preach tolerance to others and don't show it themselves, the hypocrisy is laughable.
    Bullshit, put anything islamic in the spot of the ten commandments and the christians would lose their fucking minds.

Which is why all this religious shit needs to be where it belongs, private venues of worship.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2013-12-12 at 08:18 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What Nixx said. This isn't an "oh boy we can stick a statue on the lawn" move, it's a "we disagree that the Ten Commandments statue should be allowed, but if it is, let's mock it by surrounding it with as much stuff from any other religious or pseudo-religious group we can" move.
    Or maybe other people want their religion there also, since that is how the legislature passed reads.
    You sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Needs more Pastafarian statues

When you allow one you have to allow them all. Best not to get involved in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's pretty funny. I want to see a horde of statues surrounding the 10 commandments. Anything people come up with can be a religion so the ride can never end! This is why the state and religion need to be separate.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Now they just need a huge Jedi statue and it will be EPIC.
    Now THIS is a grand idea.

It never ceases to amaze me how much shit a fictional book put together 1600 years ago continues to cause in the world today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Now THIS is a grand idea.
    Get in touch with the Temple of the Jedi Order in Texas.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters