10+ Year Old Account

Portuguese Raid Tactics

Instead of whining about getting grouped with people from Brazil all the time in LFR I'd rather just get some Portuguese translations of simple boss tactics so I can just link that instead of being frustrated that people aren't doing the mechanics properly.

I could use google translate for this, but I'm certain that would fail because I know that the words won't translate directly, as Brazilians use different words for the same concept sometimes. This doesn't make them wrong, it just adds to the communication barrier because I'm pretty sure that saying "Taunt the boss on two stacks" makes perfect sense in english but "insultar o patrão em duas pilhas" sounds really stupid to someone from Brazil.

Anyway, I'm looking for help from someone who knows the lingo/language really well so we can develop a mod maybe to paste simple strats in brazilian via an add-on to help LFR go a bit smoother. Anyone interested? Even if you could just tell me how certain phrases like "taunt the boss" translate.

Dont Brazilians speak Portuguese? Im confused. Perhaps some sort of translating addon would be best? Lord knows who would even create such a thing.

Brazilian here, what do you need?
    But keep in mind that Wow is oficially in portuguese, so brazilian players have everything translated to portuguese in game, when you link some spell in chat we see the portuguese version

Even if they are Brazilian they surely understand taunt, kill etc. Just use the Dungeonjournal and copy the spells and they see them in portuguese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure? When someone links me something from a Portuguese client I see it in Portuguese.

I'm more looking along the lines of translated versions of short encounter strategies to use in conjuction with a plugin like RobBossMods or Boss Notes that can be pasted into the chat. Like Immerseus for example:

Tanks: point boss at {x} marker, make sure only one tank it standing on {x} platform at a time. Swap on [Corrosive Blast].
    Dps/Heals: spread out evenly around the platform but do not stand on {x} platform while boss is up. Avoid standing in puddles.
    DPS: When the boss splits slow/stun and kill the black sha blobs. Heals: When the boss splits heal the blue sha blobs.

Thats one of the simpler fights but you see my meaning? If I could translate something like that into Portuguese, do you think it would help LFR any? Or am I just wasting my time. I would like to be able to communicate more effectively anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember there was an extensive post on official forums with all the phrases you could need.
    But of course I can't find it now.
    Old Gods made me do it.

There is a WoWHead in portuguese, it is not nearly as usefull as the English one, though.

There is an amazing site in portuguese, though, that may be helpful. Its owner is a girl (guess you could have imagined that), and was contracted as CM when Brazilian servers opened. Here is the link...

http://www.wowgirl.com.br/guias-worl...-of-orgrimmar/

And as some people already said, if you link abilities in chat, it will appear in English, but if the person with a Portuguese client opens the link, the popup translates to Portuguese. And vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Are you sure? When someone links me something from a Portuguese client I see it in Portuguese.
    the link will show up in english to them, but if the right click an item or spell, the referenced window or dungeon journal showing the item's tooltip and stuff will be in their client's language, same will happen to you if you right click a Portuguese item or spell link in chat

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post

I'm more looking along the lines of translated versions of short encounter strategies to use in conjuction with a plugin like RobBossMods or Boss Notes that can be pasted into the chat. Like Immerseus for example:

Tanks: point boss at {x} marker, make sure only one tank it standing on {x} platform at a time. Swap on [Corrosive Blast].
    Dps/Heals: spread out evenly around the platform but do not stand on {x} platform while boss is up. Avoid standing in puddles.
    DPS: When the boss splits slow/stun and kill the black sha blobs. Heals: When the boss splits heal the blue sha blobs.

Thats one of the simpler fights but you see my meaning? If I could translate something like that into Portuguese, do you think it would help LFR any? Or am I just wasting my time. I would like to be able to communicate more effectively anyway.
    I dont think that will be very usefull
    Keep in mind that brazilians uses alot of english words to describe most of what you said, we use the words taunt, stack, pull, slow, swap
    The problem is not that brazilian players dont understand what you are saying, they junt are bad/dont care, there are alot of brazilians players that refuse to play in brazilian servers because of that.