Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Meaning what exactly?
    Meaning you're being equivalent to a homeopath that thinks eating clover will cure his kid's terminal cancer.

But don't tell me how to raise my son!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Because its the one not forcing a cosmetic surgery on those who can not consent while suggesting that they wait till they can decide for themselves?
    Kids don't consent to abortion either yet plenty of people are fine with that.

male circumcision removes pesky skin. female circumcision removes the entire fucking clit! you're an idiot if you think there's a double standard.
    also, babies do not remember anything. hell, 9 months isn't even the gestation period for a human. the woman's body gets rid of the baby at 9 months because by the 12th month, the head would grow too large to fit through the birth canal. so, about 3 months after birth is when the child starts to become cognizant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inflict? Funny how I don't feel that way about my own circumcision. In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Meaning you're being equivalent to a homeopath that thinks eating clover will cure his kid's terminal cancer.

But don't tell me how to raise my son!
    And what part of circumcision did I claim cured cancer?

You pretty must just confirmed my previous assertion about knowledge of medical science.

- - - Updated - - -

And what part of circumcision did I claim cured cancer?
    Analogy = wooosh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    That doesn't make it not-religious. Further, not everyone subscribes to a variant of christianity that may interpret things in such a manner.
    It's pretty clear what it said in that it doesn't matter for these practices to be the sole reason for saving or righteousness but it also doesn't affect anything should you still practice them. You don't even need to be a believer to grasp the concept when it is clear as crystal. There is no religious benefit anymore and it is just tradition.

Inflict? Funny how I don't feel that way about my own circumcision. In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Sorry, were you unaware that if a boy grows to an adult he can choose to take himself to the doctors and get the surgery performed? Maybe someone told you only boys under the age of 3 could be given a circumcision, in which case you can be forgiven for your ignorance.

Please stop pretending you know what's best for other peoples children.
    Circumcised men will choose circumcision for their children because to do otherwise is to admit that they are in some way damaged, inferior, or incomplete, they are unlikely to consider what is best for their child in that decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Meaning what exactly?

What?

How is leaving the foreskin abuse in any form or way?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    male circumcision removes pesky skin. female circumcision removes the entire fucking clit! you're an idiot if you think there's a double standard.
    also, babies do not remember anything. hell, 9 months isn't even the gestation period for a human. the woman's body gets rid of the baby at 9 months because by the 12th month, the head would grow too large to fit through the birth canal. so, about 3 months after birth is when the child starts to become cognizant.
    It's not just "pesky skin" do some research and not just base it off plain ignorance. The male foreskin contains as many pleasure receptors as the clitoris.

Deleted
    Meaning what exactly?

This is where I leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You pretty must just confirmed my previous assertion about knowledge of medical science.
    Well, bring "consent" into any argument regarding medical procedures and I can tell you that anyone under the age of 18 cannot give consent and consent is therefore left up to the parent or guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Your kid can have it done as an adult, why is it up to you as a parent to inflict an irreversible procedure on your child for no actual reason? I don't think you deserve kids if you want to be that stupid in the name of "tradition".
    Oh the men who get it done as adults, either for cosmetic or medical reasons, how many do think wished they had it done as a kid.

Jesus, why are we arguing over a useless flap of skin? It's even more ridiculous to compare it to female circumcision. Because they share a word?

Well, bring "consent" into any argument regarding medical procedures and I can tell you that anyone under the age of 18 cannot give consent and consent is therefore left up to the parent or guardian.
    Yes, because consent of a person and consent of an embryo are totally the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How does a scar make it look better? How does keratinisation make it look better?

The clean argument is void in any civilised environment.
    what scar?!? I have never seen a scarred circumcised penis. If yours is then your parents should have sued the hospital for doing a bad job of it. The clean argument is NEVER void.. as long as little boys and older boys refuse to take proper care of themselves it will always be an issue.. especially for the WOMEN they are with. Very few men and even less boys actually care much about hygiene.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    Cutting off the foreskin is the male equivalent to cutting off a woman's clitoris. To those of you who think it's just useless skin, do some research and educate yourself. Watch videos of babies being circumcised.
    Perhaps you should educate yourself on the clitoris.

I've never heard of a male being unable to ever experience an orgasm in his life after a correctly performed circumcision.

The practice is just as bad, it's just viewed as acceptable because it's been done so much, and thus most older generations see it as normal and keep doing it. I'm not american, I'm against any form of circumcision unless it's voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Oh the men who get it done as adults, either for cosmetic or medical reasons, how many do think wished they had it done as a kid.

Jesus, why are we arguing over a useless flap of skin? It's even more ridiculous to compare it to female circumcision. Because they share a word?
    Plain ignorance, do some research or read some of the other posts. The male foreskin contains as many pleasure receptors as the female clitoris.

And thats because a fetus unable to survive outside the womb's right to life does not overrule a woman's bodily autonomy.

The same reason we cant take a kidney from you just because someone else needs it. Your right to bodily autonomy overrides their right to life.