Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

New Shadow rotation!

Celestalon tweeted that shadow will, with Divine Clarity, be given a new mostly dotless rotation. I for one am excited, especially after seeing the shadow mages in SoO, who else here has any thoughts or feelings? Shadow Priests, make your voices heard!

Excited to spam mind spike,
    Leadfoot352

ya will pretty much force us into Insanity and ToF (or maybe PI in certain situations), to give us a rotation of

- level90 talent on cd
    - Mind Blast
    - Mind spike till Mind Blast is off cd
    - Mind blast
    - When you have 3 orbs, DP, and channel insanity
    - SWD when target is below 20%
    - Repeat

Will be strong on single target, or single target with single adds

Still too early to know anything though. They could (and most likely will), completely change before getting out of beta.
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2013-12-13 at 07:56 PM.

One of my favorite aspects of shadow was the two-dot rotation, especially with multiple adds. Spriest was synonymous with DoTs.

But things change. And if it's fun, it's a good change. I'll play aff lock if I want to DoT.

I'm really excited for the dotless Shadow Priest, really happy if that oppertunity becomes a reality. Just like I'm happy that hunters can go Lone Wolf, it's nice to have the option for some variety and the Shadow one I'd love to have since I'm not really much for DoTs.

hope they make it so that we never have to do anything but spike/blast/plague single target.

For multi target just focus-pain+embrace or something.

With snapshotting gone I'll surely give it a try. DoT specs are gonna be utterly boring and pointless imo.

Well Manhands, if you want dots the other two talents will give you even more dot management, I'm interested in seeing what Void Entropy does to council style bosses, or other players in pvp.

Still excited to spam mindspikes,
    Leadfoot352

I'd better have MF channeled on run (without slowing part, ofc), but hey, one can't get everything.
    Get ready to have 2.5 sec base cast times, though. Blizz won't let us be the ele shamans of the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good to me! Hopefully this will increase mobility in some respect.

To OP : Where did you find this info? Can u share some links? thx

DoTs have defined Shadow as a class. I don't want them to go. I would have rolled a Mage if I just wanted to spam 3 buttons...

I asked about it on twitter, here's a link if mmochamp will let me
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...45152510058497

Please enjoy,
    Leadfoot352

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    DoTs have defined Shadow as a class. I don't want them to go. I would have rolled a Mage if I just wanted to spam 3 buttons...
    ^ I think its a horrible idea.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sort of cautiously interested in a shadow priest that does decent single-target damage. We all know that we're very weak on single target. While I hope this doesn't change the class to the point where we are no longer considered a dot spec I think that, in its place, it's a good addition. As always, it will depend a lot on the fight and how the mana management works out. I'm not the slightest bit interested in becoming a two- or three-button class or Mind Spike spam during raids though.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-12 at 10:11 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's from a talent so you can just not pick the talent and use the standard rotation. I bet that some fights will be better with standard SP and others better with DC SP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    It's from a talent so you can just not pick the talent and use the standard rotation. I bet that some fights will be better with standard SP and others better with DC SP.
    Yeah, I think this is the way to look at it.

Zinge, I'm sure you've suffered through fights where your damage was in the tank because there was nothing really to dot up. Are you really saying that you're not willing to entertain the possibility of being viable in both single-target or in multi-target but not at the same time?

That seems really pointless if there's a better alternative.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Just throwing this out there- if we go for a dotless rotation (which I'm all for, even if I won't play- I quite like our two playstyles atm), then how will we regenerate mana? Without VT will we have to rely on Mindbender in that tier?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cersae View Post
    Just throwing this out there- if we go for a dotless rotation (which I'm all for, even if I won't play- I quite like our two playstyles atm), then how will we regenerate mana? Without VT will we have to rely on Mindbender in that tier?
    I was thinking about exactly, I dont mind seeing a new rotation/alternative playstyle for shadow. For some one who has been playing since 2005 i am crious how this will turn out!

Maybe you should go play Arcane, because it's not faceroll anymore, you actually have to manage mana. The more man you have the more damage you deal.

Snapshotting isn't hard.

I actually am not a fan of shapshotting, looking forward to dynamic dot updating. I feel it'll end up being less streaky/bursty and more even.

Still hopeful for the future,
    Leadfoot352