Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you reroll Alliance make sure to take out Silvershard Mines from your list of random bgs, you will never win that one as Alliance unless the horde team is retarded and sometimes not even that is a guranteed win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides have their good and bad apples. Just pick the race what you feel most comfertable with.

Dwarf master race. ; )
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Thumbs up thanks all

Thanks for all the opinions so far guys (and girls, if any).

I understand that in the 2nd half of MOP leveling there are lots of neutral factions, so the process is probably going to be very similar.

To realign the discussion a bit though, I was also interested in (subjective views of players who tried both factions, mainly):

1. BG queue times at 90? Compare Horde and Alliance please.

2. LFR queue times on Alliance side for dps lately (as usually the lowest denominator, lol)

3. Casual friendliness of Flex PUGs? I mean on Horde I see Flex SOO in oQueue asking for ilevel 530+. Seriously? Wow. lol.

4. General feel of LFG and LFR in terms of retardedness. Sure, yes, we all know the pain of it, I was just wondering if Alliance is also wiping min 5 times on Dark Shaman and up to 10 times on Nazgrim?

Cheers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post

I understand that in the 2nd half of MOP leveling there are lots of neutral factions, so the process is probably going to be very similar.

To realign the discussion a bit though, I was also interested in (subjective views of players who tried both factions, mainly):

2. LFR queue times on Alliance side for dps lately (as usually the lowest denominator, lol)

3. Casual friendliness of Flex PUGs? I mean on Horde I see Flex SOO in oQueue asking for ilevel 530+. Seriously? Wow. lol.

4. General feel of LFG and LFR in terms of retardedness. Sure, yes, we all know the pain of it, I was just wondering if Alliance is also wiping min 5 times on Dark Shaman and up to 10 times on Nazgrim?

Cheers.
    1: Horde I don't know. 10-15 minutes for Alliance.

2: 45-60 minutes on week days. 30-45 minutes on the weekend.

3: 520-530 iLvl is pretty common on oQueue on both sides. Not much difference there. Do see more realm based flex raids on Alliance, but that's probably a realm thing.

4: Wiping happens. Haven't wiped more than 3 times on a single boss in LFR. Generally the atmosphere doesn't turn sour though. More willingness to explain mechanics and what went wrong in a semi-mature fashion. But could just be that my LFR experience on Horde was terrible.

Cheers.
    1. Same for both sides, but you get gear faster as ally because of AV
    2. Same for both sides
    3. Same as far as oQueue goes
    4.Same

There are very few people who play only 1 toon, and there are very few people who play only one faction, so you will be playing with almost the same people overall
    The biggest difference i see is in the number of BG bots, alliance has almost no bots while horde has minimum 3-5 bots in every BG.

I play both factions, and you will only notice a significant difference in the leveling storytelling (aka different quests) in Jade forest. All other regions are pretty much the same.

As for the community (LFR/LFD or simply general) there is not the slightest difference between horde and alliance.

So if you expect some kind of revelation when you level a char on the other faction you will be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questions to everyone:

1. Is Alliance MOP storyline worth leveling through? I've done Horde one, like, 9 times, lol...
    2. Is there anyone here who plays both Horde and Alliance casually, e.g. uses LFR? How would you guys measure maturity of the community, etc?
    I used to play Horde, but I slowly switched to Alliance. I simply became bored of the overall Horde theme, except Forsaken.

Regarding your questions:
    1. Storyline is pretty much same. Majority of the quests are even the same objective, but from Alliance point of view. It really depends on what you consider "different". If you are story person, it will be great. If you are gameplay person, you won't notice big change.
    2. I would say, generally it is same. However from my experience Alliance players are usually nicer people, Horde players on the other hand tend to be very elitist. I also noticed that Alliance players are more "extreme", there are either worse players or really good ones. While Horde players are somewhere between. Does it make a sense?

That was only my experience, but I play mostly on RPPvP realms now. I suppose that RP community tend to be more mature.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't leveled an alliance before (I mean the whole 1-90 experience), it's worth doing at least once. There are several different story lines along the way and it's fun just to experience something different.

Leveling, if you PvP you're probably going to win much more as Alliance, and at max level you will probably win more as Horde. The same type of people exist in pretty much every BG that you're losing though (as far as trash talk is concerned).

Casual endgame/LFR, I honestly have had an easier time with Alliance. Meaning less wipes in the LFRs, less trash talk, etc. However, that's subjective and really depends on what servers you get matched up with and which days you go. If you do LFR on a Monday, you're probably going to have problems no matter what faction you're playing.

Non-cross server stuff as far as guilds and maturity go, it is completely based on the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it's worth leveling as alliance. First of all you'll get a new perspective and a whole different experience. The only downside would be the build up for the siege of Ogrimmar. The alliance quest is plain lame. You can see the difference on yoututbe look for Nobbel87 for videos on the various questlines.

I advise Night Elf for the starting areas and the music tbh... Great mood for leveling. Then you might try human for the lore and the whole war with the scourge on levels 40-50. Dwarf areas are amazing as well.

As for PVP- I wouldn't say you will win more as alliance. Been dying a lot lately.

Anyhow, Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    it's worth knowing the story lines,
    i have a couple alliance character just for the stories, but to be honest i am not fond of the culture of the alliance players on my server, and i am more content with my Horde guild.

but i would feel like i am missing half the game if i didn't roll at least one or two alliance characters....

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

From what I've seen the experience differences will mostly be cosmetic.

From a lore perspective, Wotlk and part of Pandaria will be different.

From a PvP perspective, Horde tend to do better in the small BGs, not AV and Isle.

So my answer is to just shut up and go for it. Worst case scenario, you either stop or transfer that toon to Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience Alliance tends to dominate at all level of PvP except max level.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I've always wondered why, most of the time, Horde guilds are higher in the progress than the Alliance ones? Simply looking at the main page of WowProgress we can see 6 guilds from Ally and 14 from Horde. Is it because Horde is more elitist and has more hardcore players or just because Horde's player-pool is generally bigger?

I play both equally. They're the same in terms of meeting interesting or mature people in my experience.