Deleted

A question about stat priorities destro

Hi Guys!
    Can't post links yet and can't seem to find a possibility to have the links unclickable either. So if someone could post links to armory and askmrrobot that would be very kind.
    Armory: EU - The Maelstrom - Alliance - Lockness

I would like to excuse myself if there already is a thread like this.

I have read the Brusalk guide for destro and also on some other threads and got to the following conclusions (that I want confirmed).
    The stat prio with Sacrifice pet is Mastery > Haste=Crit.

Allthough I discussed a bit with a warlock that in my opinion is pretty good (with ~570 ilvl). He have me the tip that the priority is correct allthough I want to get 9773 haste as first prio after int. Which means Int > Haste (9773) > Mastery > crit = haste.

I'm finding that this is working OK for me, but I think I should be able to put out more then 120k dps with my current gear (including some havocs under the fights).

I think I got down the rotation pretty good with saving up burning embers and not capping at 4. And also not getting 2 conflags ready and hitting my chaos bolts when I get procs (i know I need better trinkets, but this is what i've gotten so far.

I have checked around and nothing seems to confirm the 9773 haste cap thingy (except from one extra tick Immolate I think). You think I should listen to askmrrobot?

I have added some information below about my current stats.

Thanks
    Regards.
    Lockness

At the moment my values are:
    • Spell Power 28481
    • Haste 23.11%
    • Hit 15.03%
    • Crit 15.90%
    • Mastery 67.94%

Askmrrobot suggests me to change around so I would get other stats.

The stats I would get is:
    • Spell Power 33959 (-290 this seems to be calculated selfbuffed)
    • Haste 10.40% (-18.87%)
    • Hit 14.99% (-0.05%)
    • Crit 24.27% (+5.33%)
    • Mastery 107.32% (+24.38%)

10+ Year Old Account
    9778 haste cap is if you wanna play affliction as offspec, if you only play destro go mastery>haste and forget tha any haste caps exist. or go mastery>crit if you dont mind casting chaosbolt for year and a half xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    9778 haste cap is if you wanna play affliction as offspec, if you only play destro go mastery>haste and forget tha any haste caps exist. or go mastery>crit if you dont mind casting chaosbolt for year and a half xD
    Yes 9778 haste cap has no sense. I play with this priority: Mastery>Haste (10k cap)>Crit>Haste (over 10k). I played with mastery>haste and mastery>crit but my best dps is with Mastery>haste(10k cap)>Crit. To have more tan 10k haste is not bad at all but i prefer buff crit at this point.

Deleted
    Looking at your armoury you're only 523 ilvl. So Mastery > Haste=Crit is far better than pushing for any haste caps since you arent at the gear level where affliction even comes close to being better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebmyers View Post
    Looking at your armoury you're only 523 ilvl. So Mastery > Haste=Crit is far better than pushing for any haste caps since you arent at the gear level where affliction even comes close to being better.
    Ya, allthough would you guys recommend do the mixup mrrobot suggests with getting only ~10% atm from my current gear? Or you think it would be a dps loss or any downsides due to rng? 107% mastery sounds interesting.

I think with my current trinkets (stacking up int up to 10 stacks) i think haste could be better. This due to be able to case 2 x CB when there is ~6 seconds left so I can get the full proc and hit those 1000k+ hits?

Also to take in consideration is that I have lifeblood which grants me 2880 for 20secs ever 2 mins, which could motivate prioritising Crit abit more instead of haste?
    Last edited by mmocf94664bd69; 2013-12-13 at 12:52 PM. Reason: lifeblood

Deleted
    It's really upto you. I'd personally go for Mastery > Haste > Crit simply because hardly any of the fights in SoO are single target nukefests.

I play Mastery > crit > haste because I like big numbers.
    Some ppl goes after mastery > haste > crit because it's likely to get more CBs.

Some ppl gem flat int, some ppl gem expertise, some ppl gems hybrid.

Destro it's a very linear spec and small changes like gemming or reforging or "second secondaries" don't make even 3-5% of your dps.

Play whatever u want in whatever situation u need on your core.

Deleted
    Changed to Mastery > Haste > Crit now to try out. It seemed to fit me better, went from 125k dps on ~45000k dmg to 137k dps and got the values
    Spell Power 28229
    Haste 12.81%
    Hit 14.99%
    Crit 15.80%
    Mastery 92.32%

Think I can get crit > haste when I get some higher base haste. I don't wanna go below the current haste though, but it worked fine. As long as my CB doesn't get higher then 2.7s in casttime =)

Thanks for the help Guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find haste pretty pointless as Destruction, with the legendary meta and backdraft, it is generally overkill.

I personally stack mastery, then crit.

Milk as much mastery as you possibly can, then go for haste or crit in any amounts you like because its entirely personal preference and it doesn't matter which you take.

So yes AMR getting you a massive increase in mastery is a good thing.

Seems obvious that if you gain that many stats and that much more spellpower to go with mr robot. If you want to just mindlessly spam spells that don't hit as hard go for it. I wouldn't sacrifice all of that for haste. Not worth it.

Deleted
    I play mastery > crit > haste at 577 ilvl. The other locks in my guild go for haste and we do equal dps. There really is no significant difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terbon View Post
    Hi Guys!
    Can't post links yet and can't seem to find a possibility to have the links unclickable either. So if someone could post links to armory and askmrrobot that would be very kind.
    Armory: EU - The Maelstrom - Alliance - Lockness

I would like to excuse myself if there already is a thread like this.

I have read the Brusalk guide for destro and also on some other threads and got to the following conclusions (that I want confirmed).
    The stat prio with Sacrifice pet is Mastery > Haste=Crit.

Allthough I discussed a bit with a warlock that in my opinion is pretty good (with ~570 ilvl). He have me the tip that the priority is correct allthough I want to get 9773 haste as first prio after int. Which means Int > Haste (9773) > Mastery > crit = haste.

I'm finding that this is working OK for me, but I think I should be able to put out more then 120k dps with my current gear (including some havocs under the fights).

I think I got down the rotation pretty good with saving up burning embers and not capping at 4. And also not getting 2 conflags ready and hitting my chaos bolts when I get procs (i know I need better trinkets, but this is what i've gotten so far.

I have checked around and nothing seems to confirm the 9773 haste cap thingy (except from one extra tick Immolate I think). You think I should listen to askmrrobot?

I have added some information below about my current stats.

Thanks
    Regards.
    Lockness

At the moment my values are:
    • Spell Power 28481
    • Haste 23.11%
    • Hit 15.03%
    • Crit 15.90%
    • Mastery 67.94%

Askmrrobot suggests me to change around so I would get other stats.

The stats I would get is:
    • Spell Power 33959 (-290 this seems to be calculated selfbuffed)
    • Haste 10.40% (-18.87%)
    • Hit 14.99% (-0.05%)
    • Crit 24.27% (+5.33%)
    • Mastery 107.32% (+24.38%)
    What is your ilvl? If you're doing 120k dps I can assume it's fairly low? If thats the case then you're shooting for way too much haste.

Deleted
    Just get as much mastery as possible, after that go haste or crit. 9k haste is easy to get with ~570 ilvl without sacrificing any mastery, but with your low gear it will not be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Just get as much mastery as possible, after that go haste or crit. 9k haste is easy to get with ~570 ilvl without sacrificing any mastery, but with your low gear it will not be a good choice.
    I got 563 ilvl and got 10k haste haven't sacrificed any mastery for it though.