Thread: Space combat

Space combat

Can someone tell me how space combat feels? Is it actually fun?

Deleted
    It all depends whether or not you like that sort of thing, if you like aerial combat games and developing your vessel I think you'll find it fun. Personally I can take it or leave it, I see it more as a little distraction once in a while when I want something different to do for an hour or so.

opinions are highly subjective.

For starters if you don't like old school aerial dogfight games like Wing Commander, then don't bother with the galactic starfighter mini-game.

If you do like the genre, then IMO its good. It needs some tweaks, since turning around is ridiculously over sensitive, which makes aiming a pain in the ass, but otherwise its pretty good.

They need to balance the classes though, those damned gunships are absolutely broken. Almost any match with someone using a gunship ends with them having kill streaks into the several dozens.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    They need to balance the classes though, those damned gunships are absolutely broken. Almost any match with someone using a gunship ends with them having kill streaks into the several dozens.
    I dont think they are honestly.
    they are useless in close combat, which means they are useless for capturing objectives. their job is to lure enemies away from objectives. whichs is a nice tactical touch and works well right now. I dont think its unbalanced. they need to be very strong to fulfill that tactical role.

anyway, starfighter has pretty much exceeded my expectations in every way. its really really good. the only thing it needs is more maps with new modes.
    I do not really think the main game will profit a lot from it. after all its just a mini game, a distraction. that its completely detached from the main game is both blessing and a curse.

Deleted
    The only problem with it, is that it is in an MMO and as such accuracy is subject to RNG. It doesnt matter if the player is afk and you get your reticule perfectly over the target, unless you have 100% accuracy, you are still going to miss a few shots.

Oh, and gunships arent broken. At all. It's just bad players who think they should be able to dogfight without repercussion that complain. Unless the gunship is being piloted by a very skilled player, they are the easiest ship in the game to kill.