Deleted

[enha] keybind overstuffed?

Hi folks,

is it just me, or my favorite spec has became overstuffed with need-to-use-abilities?
    I mean, even if i macro some spells together, all my buttons are full, and even have not bound abilities that i often am in need of.
    And then, at the start of almost every fight, i need to pop ST , Stone Bulwark, FS and then the real fight begins.
    We have so many cds and situational abilities that i hardly believe anyone is capable to bind within the reach of his left hand fingers.

As much as i love the class, the look, the moves, the idea behind, etc., i find it very hard to play it properly and am struggling every time not to waste a useful ability off my action bar for the sole sake of saving my fingers of early age arthritis.

Can we not have just a little bit of buy 1 get 2 type of abilities like Shield Slam/Avenging Shield? Or have a talent/glyph to transform our ST into sort of impsy?

Just thinking...

Heard of modifier macros?

/cast [modifier:alt] Ancestral Guidance; Healing Tide Totem
    For example, very useful to avoid button overload
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Hi folks,

is it just me, or my favorite spec has became overstuffed with need-to-use-abilities?
    I mean, even if i macro some spells together, all my buttons are full, and even have not bound abilities that i often am in need of.
    And then, at the start of almost every fight, i need to pop ST , Stone Bulwark, FS and then the real fight begins.
    We have so many cds and situational abilities that i hardly believe anyone is capable to bind within the reach of his left hand fingers.

As much as i love the class, the look, the moves, the idea behind, etc., i find it very hard to play it properly and am struggling every time not to waste a useful ability off my action bar for the sole sake of saving my fingers of early age arthritis.

Can we not have just a little bit of buy 1 get 2 type of abilities like Shield Slam/Avenging Shield? Or have a talent/glyph to transform our ST into sort of impsy?

Just thinking...

Why would you be popping stone bulwark before a fight begins? seems extremely wasteful
    I think we have a decent sized tool kit but overstuffed is not the word I would use.

Also, this
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Heard of modifier macros?

/cast [modifier:alt] Ancestral Guidance; Healing Tide Totem
    For example, very useful to avoid button overload

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

If you have too many buttons to press with your left hand put some in use with your right hand. Try nvesting in a mouse with more than five buttons. My mouse has seven and that's enough for enh core abilities. My left hand is occupy with utility spells, totems and the likes.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with above. I have a mouse with lots of buttons (logitech g600 to be specific) i mapped to modifiers, alt+shift, ctrl+shift etc, with this you can easily keybind everything without using macros (I'm not really a fan of modifier in macro, prefer actually mapping to mouse/keyboard)

15+ Year Old Account
    tbh i feal exactly same thing, at begining it was ben nice to have more than 5 or 6 things to use but now its geting a bit hardcore, last time i count usefull abilities i get to 37, try to get all that used in 30-60 sec arena :P (i know we dont have to use everything in every single fight but what piss me off is that we have to use 3-4 cds just to keep ourselfs alive for 10-15 sec while others have all that in one reliable cd)

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

I feel enh has too few buttons if anything.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    I feel enh has too few buttons if anything.
    Rotational
    Stormstrike
    Lava Lash
    Unleash Elements
    Flame Shock vs. Earth Shock
    Lightning Bolt vs. Chain Lightning
    Fire Nova
    +Searing Totem vs. Magma Totem at least every minute.
    +Ghost Wolf more or less on CD.

Utility
    Wind Shear
    Grounding Totem
    Capacitor Totem
    Earthbind/Earthgrab Totem
    Tremor Totem
    Shamanistic Rage
    Astral Shift vs. Stone Bulwark Totem
    Windwalk Totem
    Ghost Wolf
    Spiritwalker's Grace
    Totemic Recall
    Totemic Projection, if talented.
    Solar Beam, with Symbiosis
    Healing Stream Totem vs. Healing Tide Totem
    Ancestral Guidance
    Chain Heal
    Healthstone

Cooldowns
    Fire Elemental Totem vs. Earth Elemental Totem
    Ascendance
    Stormlash Totem
    Heroism/Bloodlust

Racials and Professions
    Quaking Palm vs. Berserking vs. Blood Fury vs. ...
    Lifeblood
    Synapse Springs
    Nitro Boosts
    Virmen's Bite

Feels like a lot of binds to me. I manage to fill up 1-5, f, g, r, t and modifiers alt/shift/alt+shift for each, and I still end up using mouse bindings as well (G600).
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    tbh i feal exactly same thing, at begining it was ben nice to have more than 5 or 6 things to use but now its geting a bit hardcore, last time i count usefull abilities i get to 37, try to get all that used in 30-60 sec arena :P (i know we dont have to use everything in every single fight but what piss me off is that we have to use 3-4 cds just to keep ourselfs alive for 10-15 sec while others have all that in one reliable cd)
    I like all of our defensive cds being different. it allows me to stagger them to what I find useful. I can hit them all if needed but only do if I've got a couple dps going mongo on me. Plus with our self healing we are pretty hardy. As far as button bloat, I've got a 8 button mouse so that helps a lot. I don't know if I would want too much more though.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    I like all of our defensive cds being different. it allows me to stagger them to what I find useful. I can hit them all if needed but only do if I've got a couple dps going mongo on me. Plus with our self healing we are pretty hardy. As far as button bloat, I've got a 8 button mouse so that helps a lot. I don't know if I would want too much more though.
    i like playing 2v2 with another dps and 90% games im geting focused if its team with healer its fine usually 1 person cant do that much but if its team with 2 dpses its burn all at begining or die, its prety funny to see dk, rogue, pala, mage, priest, hunter, warrior, monk, warlock burning 2 cds and being harder than me with SR, wolfs, 1 tier talent, ancestral guaidance (easly countered with any stun or dmg immunity/mitigation), healing tide totem and im still dead if enemy team have more than 2 stuns on their side

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real thing that I hate is that if you use a talent in a modifier macro, and you swap that talent around, that that macro becomes more or less useless.

e.g. my naga 1 is bound to this macro:

/tar [nomod] arena1
    /stopcasting [mod]
    /cast [mod:shift, @arena1] Wind Shear
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Ghost Wolf
    /cast [mod:alt] Totemic Projection

If for some reason I want to replace totemic projection with call of the elements, I need to start puzzle to find a free keybind. Should be able to use a reference to the respective talent tier.

Something like
    /cast [mod:alt] %tier3talent

And whatever talent you pick is automatically execute with the macro.

Honestly, I don't think this is a enhance problem, resto at least is getting kind of hard to find and keep track of available binds for as well. And completely agree with Zenga. Needs to be an easy way to deal with talent abilities in macros

Yeah, while rotational abilities are fine, we do need do bind a lot of utility spells, I for one don't like to use modifier keys, so, I have only 3 buttons left between my keyboard and razer naga, let's see what will happen as the devs did say they are looking at this issue.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman