Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Hmm, I cant see what is particullarly challenging on Garrosh HC as a dps. While yes, it is the hardest gear check for sure, but the fight itself is rather simple. I would say that performing well on Siegecrafter or Paragons is much harder as a dps. Much more things to keep track off.
    Well both siegecrafter and paragons don't require the absolute best of play anymore (don't believe that the singecrafter dps check was incredibly tight during first weeks either, but I don't really know), whereas Garrosh still is a really tight dps check because it is tuned higher. Gear is just in abundance at this moment, and you don't need to be progressed highly to be close to your BiS. That actually really scares me about Garrosh; the fact that my own guild won't really have more ilvl than the west - 80 guilds who killed it a week ago with a month's worth of wipes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Well both siegecrafter and paragons don't require the absolute best of play anymore (don't believe that the singecrafter dps check was incredibly tight during first weeks either, but I don't really know), whereas Garrosh still is a really tight dps check because it is tuned higher. Gear is just in abundance at this moment, and you don't need to be progressed highly to be close to your BiS. That actually really scares me about Garrosh; the fact that my own guild won't really have more ilvl than the west - 80 guilds who killed it a week ago with a month's worth of wipes.
    Nah, Siegecrafter was never the dps check as you say. It was the staying alive check. It felt like Siegecrafter needed far more execution from all parts of the raid team than Garrosh needed. It was not about making the dps check, but making it alive to the end of the fight. Of course, the higher DPS the sooner the end of the fight was.

We spent 350 wipes on siegecrafter and only 250 wipes on Garrosh, and considering Garrosh is more than twice the duration of a fight and we were arguably undergeared/just enough geared depending on how you look at it for the fight. We had 568 item level when we got the kill, but spent one or two resets on in, cant remember. Probably were a lot lower when we started progression on it. Your guild is 569 now, so I would not really worry about the garrosh gear check. In my opinion the gear check becomes quite trivial after 570 item level and you will probably have 572-4 by the time you reach garrosh so you will be more than fine.

Solo tanking heroic Thok 10m was quite entertaining. I'd say heroic paragons or cheesing vengeance on heroic garrosh to meet the dps checks were the two most intricate tank fights this tier. Siegecrafter was a snoozefest with an ohshit moment thrown in every 20 seconds. All the bosses before thok were jokes.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Hunter I would have to say Siegecrafter. I have yet to see that fight without going on the belt

10+ Year Old Account
    As caster DPS I'd say Thok. Haven't played any other role this tier.

Deleted
    As a normal 10man tank all of the fights were easy-decent, all depending on your 2nd tank. If you have a bad off-tank on dark shamans things can get out of control very fast....