Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Not to sound bad, but 770 doesn't cut it for some time. It won't support AC4 on max settings. Calls for 780 or better yet 780 Ti.

Removing reforging is fine as long as you aren't going to refuse an item (for your armor type) that is higher ilevel than what you currently have. They are trying to make those haste breakpoints small enough that you won't do this. They are also trying to make it so that you will take a higher ilevel item if it doesn't have the bonus stat over one that does. I'm sure they can manage that across tiers, but probably not at the same difficulty. In that, Normal -> Heroic might be small enough that an item with bonus armor (for a tank) on normal will be better than one without it on heroic.

18310 on my main. I find it interesting how EU players pass up US players around 8.7k.

those stats are proof that there are only 30,000 people playing wow

*jerks his knee hard and flies off into space*
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-12-16 at 06:31 PM.

I thought WOW was played by 7 millions... not 3 ? Is the game down to less than 3 millions now in EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I thought WOW was played by 7 millions... not 3 ? Is the game down to less than 3 millions now in EU?
    *sighs* Go find a dictionary. Look up what the word 'sample' means. Particularly when taking a sample to reflect statistical data.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    heh, I hope fire mage is far less crit dependent in WoD.

I dislike rng deciding how much dps I'll be doing (loot drops) compared to a "twin" player getting nice drops, and prefer they kept reforging in the game... expanded it even.
    u gave example of fire mage - now imagine that ur playing fire and for few weeks/months only loot that is droping will be mastery/haste combo - how long will it take before u change spec cause all the loot u could possibly get will be utterly usless for ur spec ? with reforge u could at least be very weak fire mage without it ull be "just" forced to reroll to other spec untill rng will start droping u crit gear -_- fun design indeed -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    u gave example of fire mage - now imagine that ur playing fire and for few weeks/months only loot that is droping will be mastery/haste combo - how long will it take before u change spec cause all the loot u could possibly get will be utterly usless for ur spec ? with reforge u could at least be very weak fire mage without it ull be "just" forced to reroll to other spec untill rng will start droping u crit gear -_- fun design indeed -_-
    ? How many people are going to know/care that much about gear to reforge slightly but still accept being 'weak' at their spec?

The way I see that scenario playing out is more like:
    a) Haste/Mastery items drop, you don't know/care enough about what your 'optimal' stats are, so you equip them
    b) Haste/mastery items drop, you care enough about being an optimal player that you re-spec.
    c) You have mostly crit gear on but can't get a crit piece for a particular slot. With or without reforging, that piece is suboptimal and you will replace it at the first chance you get.

Its not exactly as though re-speccing is difficult, time-consuming or expensive anymore... Pretty much every player will have 2 out of 3 specs covered anyway.

Fan: haste breakpoints for DoTs and HoTs are important. missing by 1 point means 1 less tick, and they are noticeable.
    Blue post: There won't be break points on hots and dots any longer.

Fan: does this mean haste will increase the duration? instead of reducing time between ticks
    Blue post: Haste will increase the number of ticks, possibly resulting in a final fractional tick.
    umm......ok? I think this blue was drinking when he/she wrote this...I get what its trying to say its just misleading and weird.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2013-12-17 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trasvi View Post
    The way I see that scenario playing out is more like:
    a) Haste/Mastery items drop, you don't know/care enough about what your 'optimal' stats are, so you equip them
    if a player would really give such impression or answear to his rl then he has no place anywhere besides lfr in organized group runs -_- unless u are happy with doin only lfr then sure this system will be soooo awesom for such players.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So I guess people still don't realize that the secondary stats of items will be fixed?

It's the warforged attribute, sockets and tertiary stats like running speed that will be RNG-governed.

That achievement chart makes me sad. I haven't played the game in over 18 months, yet my "main" character (who I hadn't played for another 6 months on top of that) is still well beyond the curve for achievement points. The character who is still in Cataclysm dungeon drop blues has right around 10k achievement points.