Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

NiPs current position. ( roster ). [Spoiler]

tl;dr at the end.
    Goes without saying with a title like this,

Spoilers

NiP lost to KMT, and they had 3/5 of the old LD roster that went to worlds. So they're out of LCS, or are they?

Arenae's initial tweet.

https://twitter.com/AraneaeLoL/statu...38353011302400

Dexter responding. The comment was deleted very shortly after.

https://twitter.com/MarcelFeldkamp/s...38274900799489
    reference - "@AraneaeLoL Seems like you are the only one who saw through everything"

FnaticRico's tweet.
    https://twitter.com/FnaticRico/statu...46968891850752

Travis's tweet.
    https://twitter.com/SotLTravis/statu...47935389519872

tl;dr NiP roster possibly taking LD's spot due to NiP's large amount of money.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparantly Arenae posted this, but I can't find a source.

@AraneaeLoL:

2013-12-15 21:48:18 UTC

It doesn't matter if KMT wins, NiP's roster will stay in the #LCS, dressed in yellow, but they'll stay

-------------------------

This all but confirms it.

http://i.imgur.com/WGskBS8.png
    Last edited by mmoc5fcc5b6438; 2013-12-15 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not out of the question as LD got smashed by TSM, and are widely considered to be the worst team in the EU LCS right now. There is always speculation about sweeping roster changes like this, but it could happen. I wouldn't be too surprised, though it also seems kind of weird. Even though NiP got 3-0d by KMT they might just be picked up by another team that doesn't like their roster. A bit like the EG/Ves thing in NA.

We'll have to wait awhile to see what happens though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to be the current Lemondogs roster, they looked like they had a lot of potential. They even got a huge complement from TSM after their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    It's not out of the question as LD got smashed by TSM, and are widely considered to be the worst team in the EU LCS right now. There is always speculation about sweeping roster changes like this, but it could happen. I wouldn't be too surprised, though it also seems kind of weird. Even though NiP got 3-0d by KMT they might just be picked up by another team that doesn't like their roster. A bit like the EG/Ves thing in NA.

We'll have to wait awhile to see what happens though.
    I didn't follow the LCS last split, did they lose several members of the original team or something ? I found it a bit odd that everyone was expecting them to lose to TSM, even though LD had placed 2nd during the play-offs ?

Edit: Or third ? They probably didn't place before Fnatic or Gambit, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I didn't follow the LCS last split, did they lose several members of the original team or something ? I found it a bit odd that everyone was expecting them to lose to TSM, even though LD had placed 2nd during the play-offs ?

The LD that played vs TSM didn't have a single member left from the squad they sent to worlds. Dexter went to CLG for tryouts(?). Zorozero, Nukeduck and Mithy went to NiP. Tabzz went to [A].
    The old LD ended 1st in the regular summer split, and 2nd(iirc) in playoffs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    The LD that played vs TSM didn't have a single member left from the squad they sent to worlds. Dexter went to CLG for tryouts(?). Zorozero, Nukeduck and Mithy went to NiP. Tabzz went to [A].
    The old LD ended 1st in the regular summer split, and 2nd(iirc) in playoffs.
    Something like what Drathos said. From what I understand, LD is a fairly poor organization in comparison to the other organizations in the LCS right now, so their players pretty much got sniped by other teams that offered them better contracts. There was also some stuff about them not having a proper gaming house and what not. I don't know the full details, but yes their roster changed and none of the original members are still on it.

Deleted
    They would have had to pay the cash for a house for an entire year, LD being fairly small didn't want to take the risk, and hence they stayed in a hotel and practiced in ESL studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    They would have had to pay the cash for a house for an entire year, LD being fairly small didn't want to take the risk, and hence they stayed in a hotel and practiced in ESL studios.
    Couldn't NiP just have bought the entire team and basically replace LD in the LCS ? This way, they could have kept one of Europe's (recently) most successful teams together instead of picking up some members and risking relegation. Oh well, guess they can still kind of fix this now with some cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather they just get booted, tbh.

Fed up with the reshuffling of teams. That's not a team, that's 5 random people bought together (no typo).

Deleted
    Okay, my first post ever on MMO-Champion.. But I've read what you've all written and come up with quite the conspiracy..

What if.. KMT got let into LCS by NiP/Riot? Meaning, what if NiP lost on purpose?

Imagine the following:
    Boom, MyM got beaten by CW. MyM being a polish team, has a lot of followers in eastern Europe, especially since a lot of the east countries are "anti-Russia" and doesnt follow Gambit.

So with MyM out, Riot might lose customers.

What do they do? They pay NiP the money it takes to get LDs spot and they make sure KMT beats NiP, so that there will still be a polish team.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, don't think so. MYM had one stint in LCS, where they did atrocious. They couldn't close out games and still can't. They had a shot at the LCS the first time round and failed. No one bothered to get a Polish team in back then.

Most of the Polish then rallied behind M5 / GG, being the 'EUNE' team.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Fed up with the reshuffling of teams. That's not a team, that's 5 random people bought together (no typo).
    Me, too, a lot of great European teams got destroyed that way, think about the "old" aAa for example (the one that finished second in the Season 1 World Finals against Fnatic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No, don't think so. MYM had one stint in LCS, where they did atrocious. They couldn't close out games and still can't. They had a shot at the LCS the first time round and failed. No one bothered to get a Polish team in back then.

Most of the Polish then rallied behind M5 / GG, being the 'EUNE' team.
    It's more of like that MYM's play worked in the early parts of the split, but as other teams figured out how to counter it, MYM didn't adapt and faltered. They weren't as terrible to the levels of Summer Split Velocity eSports or Spring Split DragonBorns, at least.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

*shrug*

It'd be better than this cobbled together LD team. I don't quite see how the last screenshot "all but confirms it" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It's more of like that MYM's play worked in the early parts of the split, but as other teams figured out how to counter it, MYM didn't adapt and faltered. They weren't as terrible to the levels of Summer Split Velocity eSports or Spring Split DragonBorns, at least.
    Even then MYM had trouble closing out games. Later in the season, MYM still managed to get ahead a few times, but couldn't close out at all.

I really dislike how paralysing fear can grip some of these players though. Dragonborns or MYM have played some absolutely appalling matches because they were so afraid to lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it if Riot just told the NiP players to fuck off and they can't just replace the current LD roster, but they wont. Make up a rule that you can't swap out entire rosters once the LCS promos start, even for teams that have already qualified.

Deleted
    The issue with that conspiracy theory is that NiP wouldn't let themselves lose 3-0 on purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    The issue with that conspiracy theory is that NiP wouldn't let themselves lose 3-0 on purpose.
    Ofcourse they would if Riot paid them

Quote Originally Posted by Krogana View Post
    I'm really not sure how people come up with ridiculous theroies like that.

1. No organisation wants their players to intentionally lose, they don't gain anything from it, other than the hype dying down, which means less sponsor money, less merch sales etc.

2. Riot doesn't really give a sh*t about what team/players play in the LCS, as long as people watch it and it draws them back/keeps them playing their game.

3. Riot doesn't gain anything from NiP losing or KMT winning, if anything, it would make more sense that Riot would pay the team with less buzz/hype (KMT) to intentionally lose, rather than the team with more buzz/hype - this way, at least, they would have more (relatively) "famous" players that people want to see (let's be honest, KMT winning didn't change the fact that basically nobody knows any of the players, though I also only know a few players on NiP's roster vaguely).

4. Not every unexpected event happens due to conspiracies, most of the time, it's just (bad) luck/chance in combination with a myriad of other reasons - maybe NiP underestimated KMT, maybe KMT had more time/will/opportunity to prepare for especially this match-up, maybe there were internal struggles within NiP, maybe NiP just hadn't found their synergy yet, maybe NiP just had a really bad day or KMT had a really good day, maybe KMT's playstyle/champion pool just naturally counters the one of NiP . . . etc., etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogana View Post
    Why would Riot pay them though. Riot gains absolutely nothing from this, and if it were true, it's not, and if it ever came to light it would be a disastrous PR thing. Riot would have nothing to gain, and everything to lose.