Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Suggestion for travel form in WoD.

Hello fellow druids, I wanted to suggest something, and I believe many out of you there might love it aswell. We druids are known for shapeshifting, and instantly travelling accros the server/world. We have instant flight. But start of 6.0 As we all know no Flying. So here goes my suggestion.

I want blizzard to buff Travel form!. And how should the buffs be? while it's still fair!. Well it should have an out of combat passive ability which increases run speed so we are free from mounting ground mounts. Here are some examples for explain how I think about it.

Scenerio 1 :
    When a druid out of combat shapeshifts into travel form, the druid gets increased movement speed depending on your riding skills.
    Scenerio 2 :
    When the druid is in combat vs mobs or pvp, and shapeshifts into travel form, the druid will only have 40% movement speed without any increase, But after leaving combat +3 secs *as mounting takes 3 sec for other people* the travel form's passive ability will kick which will raise the 40% to your riding skill.

Scenerio 3: A druid out of combat who has shapeshiftet into travel form and got buffed movementspeed who enteres combat Does not get REDUCED movement speed. Since if you were mounted up and hit combat, You will most likely not run slower. Therefore since you weren't in combat to begin with, you don't get hurt by the reduce movement speed. unless you leave shapeshift for self heal and shapeshift again then it would result in scenerio 2.

Thanks for those 3 scenerio, I can clearly say that it wouldn't be OP at all, it would just make druids feel like real druids, that we can shapeshift without having to trust on a Mount. We were unique on this part. And now i can't see why we should lose this benefit. Since we will all have ground mounts until 6.1

So who more agree's on this? should i suggest it? and how exactly do i do that. the ingame is limited as hell :/

For keep discussing this suggestion, I have decided to post it on MMO and WoW-Europe, here are the link :
    WoW-Forum link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8965947300#1

To my knowledge, the primary reason that druids aren't given this functionality is because of the imbalance it would cause in battlegrounds and arena. It would likely complicate things if druids could move at that speed while carrying a flag, or kite indefinitely without being able to be dismounted or having to cast the mount spell. Flight Form can't be used in these areas so its existence is a moot point.

Deleted
    According to my suggestion, Blizzard will be using both 40% and 100% movement speed. I bet they can make it more restrict during bg's etc.
    I don't believe it's something impossible to do.

Deleted
    I don't think we really need an instant ground mount as well as an instant flying mount, travel form is fast enough as it is (61% with Feline Swiftness).

EDIT: Also your solutions to the problems it would bring up are kind of complicated.
    Last edited by mmoc66d5f3e913; 2013-12-16 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd like the travel form to be as quick as a ground mount. I wouldn't mind if had a cast time.
    As you mentioned, out of combat could be entirely different from in combat features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    I don't think we really need an instant ground mount as well as an instant flying mount, travel form is fast enough as it is (61% with Feline Swiftness).

EDIT: Also your solutions to the problems it would bring up are kind of complicated.
    yet we are soon in 2014. Things might be complicated. But isn't solving complicated things making everything else better?.

I am still awating for the day, where blizzard hires a group of people who wants to model-upgrade all old mounts, it ain't impossible, it can be done. Aslong as blizzard wants to do it. they will.

If people ran away from complicated things perhaps we should remove 3d from WoW and go 2d my point is just, that as long as it's not impossible. You shouldn't give up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post

Not sure how they're any more complicated than the current system Blizz uses with store mounts to just match your riding skill depending on your location and level. It'd basically be the exact same thing, just adding in-combat as another check.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    yet we are soon in 2014. Things might be complicated. But isn't solving complicated things making everything else better?.

I am still awating for the day, where blizzard hires a group of people who wants to model-upgrade all old mounts, it ain't impossible, it can be done. Aslong as blizzard wants to do it. they will.

If people ran away from complicated things perhaps we should remove 3d from WoW and go 2d my point is just, that as long as it's not impossible. You shouldn't give up on it.
    It's not impossible, there just isn't really much of a reason for Blizzard to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    It's not impossible, there just isn't really much of a reason for Blizzard to do it.
    there are no reason what? Do you know what it means for a druid to be avaible of feeling like a real druid who doesn't have to force himself for mount up. This is what makes druids unique. We have shapeshift forms. Travel form is quite waste if you are not doing PvP as you can't use it inside, so it's not useable during raids. As you pretty much fly everywhere. you won't use it.

This change could make a druid be a real shapeshifter, it's way bigger then what you think

It seems like a lot of hassle to balance so many situations around it. While having travel form function as a normal mount in most situations there is a lot of work to make it happen and it won't accomplish much.

this is why you make a worgen druid, no need to ever mount =). I agree though, it seems weird to have forms for everything but ground mount. Id even be ok with something along the lines of the worgen, say it takes 1.5 sec to get into travel form, and it behaves like a mount everywhere it needs to

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Would prefer it to be a separate form, i.e. Swift Travel Form, 100% increased run speed, instant cast, causes flag drops, daze effects from mobs cause the form to be lost, ect. Essentially an instant cast mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    can we take away this faster travel form when everybody else gets flying? since you are suggesting this because of restricted flying.. once we are allowed to fly, travel form will get reverted back to 30% and all is the same again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    According to my suggestion, Blizzard will be using both 40% and 100% movement speed. I bet they can make it more restrict during bg's etc.
    I don't believe it's something impossible to do.
    Ya they have the ability to apply buffs/debuffs depending on whether your flagged or not flagged for pvp in combat.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The instant forms of Druids make your new forms really OP for World PVP

Deleted
    I'd just be happy if they reverted it back to Cheetah default and Glyph of Stag enables.. stag.... ._.

They COULD just give you a 3-sec cast travel form spell in addition to the current one, or add "travel form" to your mount tab.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Primalgore View Post
    I'd just be happy if they reverted it back to Cheetah default and Glyph of Stag enables.. stag.... ._.
    Dat hideous cheetah model.

They did mention in the past they were thinking of increasing the number of minor glyph slots, I think they should HTFU with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'd prefer not, simply because flying mounts don't really feel like a reward already. Get to mix it up a little by using different ground mounts. Also bring back flight form / class quests i miss them

Just give druids a 1.5 cast time mount form. Problem solved.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Primalgore View Post
    They may put a glyph in for it, but did you know it was only a cheetah because they never had time to finish the stag model for release that it was supposed to be, heck even the icon was always a hoof even before it changed.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal