[Movies] Favorite Directors/Producers

So I'm sure most of us have a general idea of which directors or producers we're just diehard fans of, to the point where you hear a new movie is being done by one of them and you're instantly intrigued at the very least, though usually already set to see it. Interested to see which you guys look forward to.

Myself (in semi-top order):
    1. Guillermo del Toro - Directed 2 of my favorite movies of all time (Pan's Labyrinth and recently Pacific Rim), and there's been very few movies he's had a hand in that I haven't liked. He also helped to write the script for the Hobbit movies. Sure Blade II was kinda meh, but I don't see why so many people hate on Hellboy, I love Ron Pearlman and those movies were fantastic for quick easy-to-follow action.

2. Quentin Tarantino - Not like much needs to be said if you watch movies, simply an extraordinary Director, hands down. Many of his films have been nominated for/won multiple awards, hell he was even a main character in From Dusk 'til Dawn, and that movie was awesome.

3. J.J. Abrahms - This guy... THIS. GUY. Made me a believer out of so many series/movies... Star Trek reboot I thought was going to be shit turned out amazingly (maybe less so to hardcore trekkies but I'm just a sci-fi lover, less of a trekkie) for example. A lot of his movies may not have unnecessarily deep plotlines (note I said movies, hello Lost, we see you there) but by god are they damn entertaining.

4. Zack Snyder - He's still a bit "new" on the scene but by god has he put out some damn good movies. Many may disagree due to conflicting opinions on movies like Man of Steel and Sucker Punch but I genuinely enjoyed Watchmen and Dawn of the Dead, as well as the aforementioned movies. Looking forward to the new 300, even with him sitting solely in the producer's chair this time.

Ok I'm gonna stop rambling now. So... let's hear it - I'm expecting some oblique answers are pretty likely, but hell that will give me some new people to look out for and give me some new movies to look into I'm sure.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jules Jordan
    Joss Whedon
    You cared enough to post.

1. Alfred Hitchcock - I have yet to see a bad movie directed by this guy. Vertigo and Psycho are his greatest obviously.

2. Stanley Kubrick - As above, I have not seen a bad Kubrick movie, although I have not seen everything he has made. Personal favourites of his movies are Dr. Strangelove and A Clockwork Orange (Yes, I have yet to see 2001).

3. David Lynch - Has a very personal style and I happen to find it captivating (most of the time). He has made some arguably bad movies (Dune, Twin Peaks - Fire Walk with Me). Personal favourites: Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.

4. Martin Scorsese - Granted, I have not seen many of his films, but the ones I have are always solid and entertaining. Favourites: Goodfellas, The Departed and Taxi Driver.

Fifth (and one of the more modern directors) would probably be David Fincher but he doesn't impress me as much as the ones listed above. A good director nonetheless.

Deleted
    J.J. Abrahms - He has done soooo much great stuff.
    Darren Aronofsky - Requiem for a dream, PI, The Fountain are 3 amazing movies, he should get more cred than he is getting.

In absolutely no particular order

James Cameron
    Ridley Scott
    Alfonso Cuaron
    David Fincher
    Danny Boyle
    Paul Verhoeven
    Terry Gilliam
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Wes Anderson
    Noah Baumbach

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Alfred Hitchcock
    2. Stanley Kubrick
    3. Martin Scorcese
    4. David Lynch
    5. Quentin Tarantino
    6. Orson Welles
    7. Francis Ford Coppola
    8. Danny Boyle
    9. Sergio Leone
    10. Christopher Nolan

Deleted
    Difficult imo - many of my fav directors is a bit inconsistent. Ridley Scott for example - masterpieces like Alien, Blade runner and Thelma and Louise - but also mediocre movies like Robin Hood.
    Some of my favorits directors:

Spielberg should be a safe addition to any canon - but he is also responsible for movies like Hook and Amistad.

Cohen Bros. Fargo will always be on my top 5 over best movies ever.

David Cronenberg.

Stanley Kubric.

Jim Jarmusch is also a consistent director. Dead Man for example is a must

Robert Altman. Short Cuts and The Player is two masterpieces.

David Fincher
    with movies like Se7ven and Fight Club.

Michael Hanneke.
    Funny Games is a really eerie and evil introduction.

Cristopher Nolan
    . Really good ideas and interesting scripts. He still havent made his Magnus Opus imo. Maybe Interstellar could be it.