Poll: Do you read up / watch videos on the new raid fights before you attempt them?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I like how you made a poll asking a question and assumed you knew the answer. Why even bother with the poll if you're just going to talk down to everyone? Some peoples kids. Anyway, I don't raid anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    I like how you made a poll asking a question and assumed you knew the answer. Why even bother with the poll if you're just going to talk down to everyone? Some peoples kids. Anyway, I don't raid anymore.
    Did you look who the OP was? I didn't even have to take it off ignore to know what he said.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course seeing the fight first-hand is essential for learning it properly. That's no excuse for not reading a strat.
    You don't get it. Simply reading a strategy doesn't work for me at all. It's just information I get and I don't process it good enough to actually know what to do or understand it well enough. It's simply how I learn things. You may learn it differently and that's cool but I won't bash you for it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Did you look who the OP was? I didn't even have to take it off ignore to know what he said.
    I did, and I wasn't really surprised at all. Sad really. Loaded questions never really work out in the favor of the person asking them.

Deleted
    Yes, but I only really get the gist of it.

I know I'll get the most of the fight in the actual tries though.

This is pretty simple in my opinion, if you're an LFR/Flex/Normal raider it doesn't really matter, HOWEVER, if you're doing any kind of heroics of course you should, anything you can do to increase the likely-hood you'll kill a boss, you should do, nobody will keep around the lazy person who doesn't watch videos in a heroic guild, a huge part of non-WF heroic raiding is watching videos, they help you learn strats, will you need to adjust the strat based on your group? probably, but those adjustments will be easier if you watch the videos, since you'll already know what you're tackling.

Also, it's not about taking the game "super srs" it's about not wasting 9-24 other peoples time on the first attempts, while you learn a fight you've never seen vs atleast knowing what it's going to look like from a video.
    Last edited by Dastuross; 2013-12-19 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the group that I'm with... If I was with my hardcore raiding guild and someone showed unprepared, they'd get kicked from the raid or if it was the second or third time they've done that, they get kicked from the guild. Now if it's a pug, I won't give 2 shits if someone didn't read up because they're likely not taking the game as seriously as I am... But to be in a raiding guild and purposefully show up w/ no knowledge of the fight, you're pretty much a douchebag. While everyone else is aware of what's to come, the noob who didn't read up on the fight will think "oh i'll just wing it... move out of anything that looks bad" I remember back in Wotlk when ICC first came out, there was this warlock who did amazing dps, but his cocky attitude got the best of him. He showed up late to a raid but still got in because he was good dps. The fight starts and everyone is doing what they need to, until he gets picked from RNG to meet up in the middle w/ the 2 other chained people... instead of grouping up, he starts running around crazily, taking massive dmg btw, until he dies. He then screams why healers aren't doing their job n such... Before he could get any more words out, the next thing that pops up is "blah blah has been kicked from the raid" "Blah blah has been kicked from the guild" A raid is like a test, if you don't study, you've already studied for failure.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.