Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The game certainly has it's moments. I was dying of hunger earlier and my vision was slowly getting worse and worse. In the distance I could just about make out the shape of a building so said to myself "Come on.. just one more sprint" and ran to the building.. and for a moment it really did feel like I was making one last gasp to keep hold of my life. However building was predictably empty and I died just outside it. But for a while it was quite an experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    how to make screenshots ?? and how to check current ammo in weapon ?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Have fraps(etc) running in the background.
    2) Open inventory screen and check number on the mag you have in your gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    wat ? no other way to take screenshots ?? cant be

and in mod it was enough to press F to see ammo..

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    You should be able to take SS's through Steam, or you could always hit the print screen key on your keyboard and paste it into paint or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You should be able to take SS's through Steam, or you could always hit the print screen key on your keyboard and paste it into paint or something.
    tried paint. black screen.

is there any way to repair ruined gear ? like weapon flashlight ? and how the hell do u start a fireplace or the gas thingy ?? i got wood, matches, gas, the other thing cant remember name but no way to start fire. is it even possible to survive in the woods just gutting animals and cooking them in standalone or its not implemented yet ?

F12

is there any way to repair ruined gear ? like weapon flashlight ? and how the hell do u start a fireplace or the gas thingy ?? i got wood, matches, gas, the other thing cant remember name but no way to start fire. is it even possible to survive in the woods just gutting animals and cooking them in standalone or its not implemented yet ?
    No way to repair ruined gear right now, and cooking/animals/campfires aren't implemented yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    F12

No way to repair ruined gear right now, and cooking/animals/campfires aren't implemented yet.
    i actually tried f12 earlier but i didnt find SS in steam folder. where is it??

i actually tried f12 earlier but i didnt find SS in steam folder. where is it??
    Inside steam go to View at the top then Screenshots, or right click steam in the system tray and select screenshots.

I'd like to play coop with a someone/a few people. Hit me up!

Deleted
    Alpha, read the giant warning on the store page. People seem to miss that all the time and complain that it's an unfinished game.
    some people also forget that trading on steam is massive.. does the tradable gift say its in alpha? i think not. not saying that theyre right but you can genuinely get the game without seeing it being in alpha on steam.

I'm having the most absurd bug in the world. The second I connect to a server my wireless USB Adapter that is connected to my router disconnects for some odd reason. I have played every game on my steam list and wow for hours and nothing like this happens. It has to be DayZ related or something but has anyone had this problem? I haven't found anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    some people also forget that trading on steam is massive.. does the tradable gift say its in alpha? i think not. not saying that theyre right but you can genuinely get the game without seeing it being in alpha on steam.
    If you're being traded a game, you should probably know something about the game you're getting.

Deleted
    If you're being traded a game, you should probably know something about the game you're getting.
    i agree.. but it doesnt mean youre going to go on the steam page and you will probably google it instead as its easier and faster. plus youre able to find out if its region locked etc.

It's buggy as hell, but I'm STILL having more fun than in Infestation. Hopefully some of my bug reports help the game devs, and I think this was worth every penny.

My favorite bug: A zombie melee'd me while inside of a small house and I got knocked through the wall. It looked like I was pushed through the window.

A couple of things: If you are thirsty, screw looking for water or soft drinks. Find a well and pull water directly out of that.

Unlike the mod, if you are hurt but aren't hungry or thirsty then you will regenerate blood and eventually health. Saline IVs should only be used when you are in danger of dying, and Blood Bags only as a very last resort *Because they have a very large chance of killing you do to incompatible blood types*

Tear shirts and stuff into rags for bandages.

Fireman axes one shot zombies. Find one.

Zombies are dangerous as hell this time around, hiding in buildings and ducking between bushes doesn't seem to work. You can outrun them though.

You can trade weapon parts between weapons, be sure to try to keep everything as high a quality as possible.

If you find disinfectants and antibiotics, save them. Zombies have a 20% chance of causing an infected wound. Zombies also have a 1% chance of infecting you with a virus that WILL kill you. Such is life.

Cherno is still dangerous. Avoid like the plague. Except this time no Gunshots in Cherno, just axe murderers.

Elektro, too.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2013-12-22 at 07:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    after i quit dayz and arma 3 and go back to windows, or just alt tab during playing i cant press anything in windows. i can move my mouse cursor but i cannot press anything. to regain control i need to bring up manager (alt ctrl del). its rly annoying. any1 have that as well ? what to do to prevent it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    You have an "It's alpha" warning in game everytime you login at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    It's buggy as hell, but I'm STILL having more fun than in Infestation. Hopefully some of my bug reports help the game devs, and I think this was worth every penny.

My favorite bug: A zombie melee'd me while inside of a small house and I got knocked through the wall. It looked like I was pushed through the window.

A couple of things: If you are thirsty, screw looking for water or soft drinks. Find a well and pull water directly out of that.

Unlike the mod, if you are hurt but aren't hungry or thirsty then you will regenerate blood and eventually health. Saline IVs should only be used when you are in danger of dying, and Blood Bags only as a very last resort *Because they have a very large chance of killing you do to incompatible blood types*

Tear shirts and stuff into rags for bandages.

Fireman axes one shot zombies. Find one.

Zombies are dangerous as hell this time around, hiding in buildings and ducking between bushes doesn't seem to work. You can outrun them though.

You can trade weapon parts between weapons, be sure to try to keep everything as high a quality as possible.

If you find disinfectants and antibiotics, save them. Zombies have a 20% chance of causing an infected wound. Zombies also have a 1% chance of infecting you with a virus that WILL kill you. Such is life.

Cherno is still dangerous. Avoid like the plague. Except this time no Gunshots in Cherno, just axe murderers.

Elektro, too.
    I spawned my first time in the south east, could only find rotten food, ended up swimming to the abandoned island and I'm waiting to die. Where do you suggest the best area is for finding items? I think I spawned in Kamyshovo

Quote Originally Posted by igniter View Post
    You have an "It's alpha" warning in game everytime you login at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I spawned my first time in the south east, could only find rotten food, ended up swimming to the abandoned island and I'm waiting to die. Where do you suggest the best area is for finding items? I think I spawned in Kamyshovo
    Honestly your best bet is to get away from the coast, unless the server just recently restarted. Once someplace has been looted, it won't generate loot again till after the server restarts. So once a place has been picked clean, well your screwed.

http://dayzdb.com/map

You can make it pretty far without any food. Just head to a water pump that's close to you on that map if you really have too. (You can drink right from it)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Honestly your best bet is to get away from the coast, unless the server just recently restarted. Once someplace has been looted, it won't generate loot again till after the server restarts. So once a place has been picked clean, well your screwed.

http://dayzdb.com/map

You can make it pretty far without any food. Just head to a water pump that's close to you on that map if you really have too. (You can drink right from it)
    Never seen a water pump, only wells with boards on top. Can't find any weapons either. I really hope they tweak stuff and make it a lot easier to find stuff, but also having more zombies in game. It'd be nice if it encouraged coop play for increased survival instead of a dog eat dog mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they would add vehicles at least. It is so annoying trying to meet with friends or to travel and explore without them.