Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So I feel like there isn't nearly enough drink's spawning in. I've lost two characters to dehydration (or assuming dehydration, as I pass out with the thirsty messages being red). And its not from a lack of trying to find them ether. Countless buildings, tons of other loot, weapons, ammo. I'm just having horrid luck with it.

In other news though, I've been having a blast killing people lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent about 3 hours looking for a weapon across multiple servers to no avail, well, i'm finding melee weapons and that's about it. Went through about 7 firestations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any good lets play videos out yet? I want to decide whether or not to blow $30 on this. I wish it would of cost $20 instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Pretty much this, I love dumb people getting angry.
    Likewise . It started almost immediately, comments from people on Steam saying things like 'How dare they charge $30 for a game in this state' because they died due to a bug.

Was only a few weeks ago that Dean was contemplating releasing the alpha without any zeds in it, and people are moaning because an ammo clip dissapeared from their bag.

I don't know what to think of this game...

Every time I tune into someone on Twitch streaming it... they are ALWAYS just running around. No shooting... just... running. Do the guns shoot and are there zombies in the game? Apparently the streamers don't know either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    my all time favorite video series for dayz lol

]
    hahaha thanks so much for those. Only watched the first one so far. I couldn't stop laughing when he breaks his legs. He starts rolling around hahhaa

Never before has finding a can opener to eat beans been so rewarding.

FYI if you're using old DayZ knowledge, forget it. Scarcity is the name of the game now, if you're looking for weapons I suggest airfields. Found myself an M4 and a .45 pistol, a long with a big ass backpack, tac vest and other goodies....life is good!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunds View Post
    I don't know what to think of this game...

Every time I tune into someone on Twitch streaming it... they are ALWAYS just running around. No shooting... just... running. Do the guns shoot and are there zombies in the game? Apparently the streamers don't know either.
    Yeah same here but there must be something to it because it has a huge fan base and it's been around for a while. So I might dip my toes into the water now it's stand alone and see what I think of it.

Will probably give in and buy this, over a year till beta though.

I wonder how many will ignore the alpha/beta.

Is the map exactly the same? How are the animations and zombies? They sucked on the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Will probably give in and buy this, over a year till beta though.

I wonder how many will ignore the alpha/beta.

Is the map exactly the same? How are the animations and zombies? They sucked on the mod.
    the animations seem better, but the combat is still in need of some polish. If you played the mod, little has changed there. Map is generally the same, but there's a bunch of new buildings and such thrown around, especially in Cherno.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Will wait for the full release, still looks pretty buggy to me (ofc its still testing) but i will just annoy myself if i get it now.

Fingers crossed it will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    basicly the main thing i wanna know if people have fought any yet. How is the zombie AI? in arma it used the dogs so they were pretty annoying to shoot when running at you as they go everywhere. but how is it now? are they more like zombies instead of running like dogs again?

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    basicly the main thing i wanna know if people have fought any yet. How is the zombie AI? in arma it used the dogs so they were pretty annoying to shoot when running at you as they go everywhere. but how is it now? are they more like zombies instead of running like dogs again?
    Yeah this is pretty important, if the zombies are currently still as bad as the mod, I wonder why it is so hard to get them right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Yeah this is pretty important, if the zombies are currently still as bad as the mod, I wonder why it is so hard to get them right.
    problem with arma was that humans did not have a unarmed attack. So the closed thing that came to unarmed attacking was done by a dog. Hence the reason why the dog AI was used.

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    There was SO MUCH hype last night! So many twitchers had it on and I checked like 10 of them and all were the same black shit. It looked like a black n white game from year 2000.

Deleted
    I was so pumped for this when i came home from work to a message "dayz standalone out on steam", instantly paid and downloaded

Yes its buggy, but im glad i'll be a part of helping developers turn it into a beast of a game!

I did have fun chopping down a couple of people with a firemans axe too

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4OA/edit?pli=1

handy link for you all saves you from going unconscious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunge18 View Post
    I was so pumped for this when i came home from work to a message "dayz standalone out on steam", instantly paid and downloaded

Yes its buggy, but im glad i'll be a part of helping developers turn it into a beast of a game!

I did have fun chopping down a couple of people with a firemans axe too

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4OA/edit?pli=1

handy link for you all saves you from going unconscious

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    There was SO MUCH hype last night! So many twitchers had it on and I checked like 10 of them and all were the same black shit. It looked like a black n white game from year 2000.
    Because this game has Night and Day cycle, mind = blown. It still uses the ARMA 2 Engine so the nights look a bit wonky overall if you brightness/gamma settings are over the top. If you set them to the defaults, the game is pitch black as a night should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    I feel they are a lot better. They aren't zigg zagging all over the place when they come after you. Much easier to deal with when you have a gun. I find them a giant pain in the ass trying to deal with them in melee though.

Main issue with the game is the "you are unconscious" message. There is no timer so you have no idea how long you will have to wait. The flash light seemed bugged or there must be some sort of trick to get it to aim properly as atm its down the left hand side aimed at the floor :/

Other than that had a blast. Plenty of "fight club" going on.