How to effectively macro synapse springs.

So I'm pretty new to boomkin and have enough new micromanagement to handle so I'm looking for the most efficient way of macroing synapse springs to my abilities. I thought about macroing it to dots, what is your opinion on that? Please help me out.

I have a macro that uses my synapse springs as well as places a treant. I'm generally hitting it going into lunar, especially if any trinkets/meta procs are going on. You should be opening in solar with CA and getting the "guaranteed" procs from PPM, so using it then as well as any time you feel like you have a lot of powerful buffs up without waiting more than an eclipse cycle should net you the best dps without a ton of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    I have a macro that uses my synapse springs as well as places a treant. I'm generally hitting it going into lunar, especially if any trinkets/meta procs are going on. You should be opening in solar with CA and getting the "guaranteed" procs from PPM, so using it then as well as any time you feel like you have a lot of powerful buffs up without waiting more than an eclipse cycle should net you the best dps without a ton of thought.
    Unfortunately, I use incarnation :/

Macroing it into all your DPS spells is going to be the best thing to do.

I macro it on starsurge, treants, wrath and starfire.

Here's basically what I use.

Code:
    #showtooltip XXX (Spell Icon/Tooltip/Cooldown you want to show)
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 (Turns off soundfx for your trinkets/springs/other cooldowns)
    /use 10 (Glove slot for springs)
    /use 13 (Trinket 1)
    /use 14 (Trinket 2)
    /cast XXX (Add any other class cooldowns you want to use)
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 (Turns soundfx back on)
    /cast XXX (And finally, the ability you want to cast after you hit all your cooldowns)

Okay so let's say I'll micromanage that one more thing. What would be the most effective way to do it? Pop it first @ CA and then every time it goes off cd?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Okay so let's say I'll micromanage that one more thing. What would be the most effective way to do it? Pop it first @ CA and then every time it goes off cd?
    Yes

/10char

I have it macro'd to Starfall. Generally starfall is the first thing I hit when I reach lunar eclipse. So that guarantees I'll have buffed dots from the springs, and it will be buffing our higher damaging single target ability (starfire).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    I have it macro'd to Starfall. Generally starfall is the first thing I hit when I reach lunar eclipse. So that guarantees I'll have buffed dots from the springs, and it will be buffing our higher damaging single target ability (starfire).
    Same here. Sexy profile pic.

Don't macro it. Keybind it and make a weakaura/tell me when/whatever, and get used to it. You will thank me later :-)