Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should we have accountwide reputation?

Hello,

First of all, no I do not want reputation to be availible on all your alts, so you just have to do it one time. I mean it more like an option. Let me explain.
    I got around 35 reputation exalted on my hunter, and I really like to look at it and I feel quite proud. When I play on a alt, I just can't stand the fact that I have almost none reputations on exalted. So my question is, would it be a good idea that you can see your account wide reputations, but that you have to farm the reputation on your current character to unlock the rewards?

I don't want it. My warlock is not the same person as my Druid. Other groups will not see my warlock and Druid as the same. The rep boost item is enough, like putting in a good word for an alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I don't want it. My warlock is not the same person as my Druid. Other groups will not see my warlock and Druid as the same. The rep boost item is enough, like putting in a good word for an alt.
    What if it would be an option, like you can show your character's achievements or your account achievements?

I want it, I look at myself as the player and all my characters generally see equal play time, I wish all classes could use all skills like in The Secret World or other games so you only needed 1 character and could do whatever you wanted. But It isn't that way so I have to have alts and look at myself as the one who did the terribleness that is rep grinding and absolutely don not what to have to do it more than once. I feel the exact same about leveling and think I should only have to do it once.

What happens with conflicting reputations? For example, what if my main is Aldor but I want to make an alt Scryer? Or if I want to chase Bloodsail rep on my main but I don't want that hindering my alts ability to go to Booty Bay?

Quote Originally Posted by DustvanG View Post
    What if it would be an option, like you can show your character's achievements or your account achievements?
    Hardly an option when one choice puts your characters at a severe disadvantage.

Deleted
    certain factions yes (like emperor shaohoa), while i other factions not (order of the cloud serpent)

Deleted
    They should all be account wide, at the beginning of MoP I had to reroll to a Monk for my raid team and it messed me over hugely with achievement points and progress on certain achievements due to having to grind another 55 reputations, some of which aren't even obtainable anymore.

Not asking for reputations to be account wide per-say but to give us credit for reputations that we have got exalted on other toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatty View Post
    They should all be account wide, at the beginning of MoP I had to reroll to a Monk for my raid team and it messed me over hugely with achievement points and progress on certain achievements due to having to grind another 55 reputations, some of which aren't even obtainable anymore.

Not asking for reputations to be account wide per-say but to give us credit for reputations that we have got exalted on other toons.
    Would make Insane in the Membrane a joke, even more so than it already is compared to its original form. Don't need to grind Bloodsail and Goblins up, just one of them on one character and one on the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that would please those completionists among us, amarite?

I'd say no, while achievements are fine to spread among the whole account, reputations are strictly personal. With personal rep, your main character feels like your main character, nuff said.

Here's the problem in a nutshell:

\ Since the reputation is accountwide /
    \ You could grind it concurrently on /
    \ Multiple toons, allowing you to by- /
    \ pass any artifical gating Blizzard /
    \ wanted for the reputation. /
    \_____________________________/

(curse you mmo-champion for screwing up my nutshell!)
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Here's the problem in a nutshell:

\ Since the reputation is accountwide /
    \ You could grind it concurrently on /
    \ Multiple toons, allowing you to by- /
    \ pass any artifical gating Blizzard /
    \ wanted for the reputation. /
    \_____________________________/
    Account-wide reputation limit says "Hi".

And yes, I'd love to see account-wide reputations, at least older ones.

They should either make reputation account wide, or include some choices in reputation gain that make earning reputation interesting enough to be worth separating.

Deleted
    Bob and Joe are brothers, Joe has recently moved into the same area where Bob is, and knows no one, so Bob introduces him to his friends and gets him a job.

Bob has the reputation of being a stand up guy in his circle of friends and work colleagues, willing to help anyone.
    Joe is unknown by any of Bobs friends or work colleagues, so he has to earn their trust over time.

point im making, your characters are totally unknown to any NPC's in the game, and you are playing the role of your character, Hence the RP in the MMORPG.
    Reputation should not be account wide, you should not have instant access to the vendor goods based on other character reputations, and achivments like the insane, or the ones where you switch rep factions should not be gained via the use of alts.

Fine have increased rep gains on other characters once you have exalted one. but that's about it.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-12-16 at 10:51 PM. Reason: missed a valuble not!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Fine have increased rep gains on other characters once you have exalted one. but that's about it.
    I wouldn't complain if they'd add Grand Commendations for older reputations as well.

My answer is yes, to this and all account wide "sharing" between characters. Why? Because I have changed mains several times since release after an "overhaul" of my class/spec destroyed the game play I was enjoying. Some of that Gameplay eventually came back (Petless Warlocks for example) but it was too late.

In WOW, I've felt the need to re-roll more than once, and it really sucks to lose so much when you do. Yes, it was always my choice to do so, however, when I chose to "stick with my main" for nostalgia reasons, I often quit from time to time, and when I re-roll, I spend hours doing old content I've already done for Rep (among other things) which drives me to quit.

Bottom line is, there have been so many class changes over the years, many players felt like they had no choice but to re-roll to keep enjoying the game. And even today, re-rolling comes at a high price.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 110% opposed to the thought of account-wide reputations. As many have stated, and i agree, it takes away from the accomplished feeling you get on your main for grind any rep to exalted. It would make it far less special if suddenly my alts had the rep status' as my main, so i feel like no exceptions should be made.

Hard to gain reps are hard to gain for a reason: to feel accomplished and /patyourselfontheback.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it. I hate grinding the same factions over and over.

The first time through makes sense. The 3rd time through I'm over it. It makes me bitter about grinding dailies solely for rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

I'd love that. I often complained silently to myself that I wish I had the reputations I grinded on my oooold main. No way in hell that I'm doing all that again. I've changed my main quite a number of times to have a more effective raid setup. At least the older reputations would be great :/ (up to 85)
    People should just have the option to disable it, if they don't want it (like achivements).

I would like it, but I don't think it should be implemented, from a gameplay point of view. I like how it is now.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8