Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

To the People Complaining about "NO WOD BETA YET"

Please. Please just stop. It's the Holiday season. Presenting a beta during the months of Thanksgiving and Christmas is not a wise idea. It wouldn't work so well when everyone is wanting to be with their family. And as someone who played both the Horde and the Alliance zones at Blizzcon - the beta (while yes - it probably has progressed much farther in the past weeks) is not 100% ready for beta at this point. I found plenty of bugs - some of which making me abandon quests - others making my character not work correctly. If anything I believe it is in a Alpha stage, and that by the END of January we will have a beta. I say END of January because who knows what complications will arise - and maybe they will want to add new models in before releasing the beta.

Overall - just wait. Good things come to those who wait - and if you guys want them to rush it, I guarantee it won't be as good as it can be.

^_^ Your friendly Dogerash,
    Shadowbathed.

I always wonder though, who spends 24/7 with their family around holidays? Yes sure, perhaps on the holiday or holiday eve you are busy being around family for a lot of the day. I guess maybe the argument being IF you live far away from home and come to visit your parents and they have no computer. What always struck me as more odd though is saying it's bad to release games in the summer, because "everyone is outside being busy". Isn't the big problem with most kids anymore that they don't do shit besides go online or play games? haha I mean, I guess perhaps there is research data or something that summer sales are bad, but really how many kids or adults are outside in the summer 24/7? I do more outside activities in the summer as opposed to winter sure, but I don't go on picnics or hikes every day of the week either. I base my life around work like most other adults do, and that surely doesn't change in the summer or around holidays.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people are just overestimating how long WoD is in beta....

Ah who the hell am I kidding, most of the people complaining are in a situation of "I hate MoP, I want to quit, but if I quit I don't get access to the beta."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think a lot of people are just overestimating how long WoD is in beta....

Ah who the hell am I kidding, most of the people complaining are in a situation of "I hate MoP, I want to quit, but if I quit I don't get access to the beta."
    I don't really care about the WoD Beta's ETA. But, I am rather curious as to why we're not hearing a whole lot about it.

I'll even take some damn screenshots or wallpapers! Yeesh.

Deleted
    it's the same old fucking argument as "PEOPLE DON'T PLAY IN SUMMER /subloss" when it's just not true. "people" play all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I always wonder though, who spends 24/7 with their family around holidays? Yes sure, perhaps on the holiday or holiday eve you are busy being around family for a lot of the day. I guess maybe the argument being IF you live far away from home and come to visit your parents and they have no computer. What always struck me as more odd though is saying it's bad to release games in the summer, because "everyone is outside being busy". Isn't the big problem with most kids anymore that they don't do shit besides go online or play games? haha I mean, I guess perhaps there is research data or something that summer sales are bad, but really how many kids or adults are outside in the summer 24/7? I do more outside activities in the summer as opposed to winter sure, but I don't go on picnics or hikes every day of the week either. I base my life around work like most other adults do, and that surely doesn't change in the summer or around holidays.
    Work does, especially in software, slow during the holidays. Some people take time off to shop, decorate etc. Some take time off to travel and some combine the holidays they get with vacation time and do things like going on a ski vacation.

Just because YOU don't do any of that doesn't mean others don't.

Another thing... January is TWO WEEKS away. Calm down everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    it's the same old fucking argument as "PEOPLE DON'T PLAY IN SUMMER /subloss" when it's just not true. "people" play all the time.
    it's not about when people play, it's about the fact that they're not going to chain their staff to their desks with a brand new beta. Not only will there be a lot to do for the IT staff but there will be problems for devs and QA folks (and if those people aren't there verifying and fixing bugs the beta doesn't help move things forward). Additionally, there are support functions that need to be staffed and even the PR people will be fielding questions.

Wait two fucking weeks. Seriously, people, grow up a bit and quit acting like kids who can't wait for Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to add: during my boredom on Thanksgiving, I logged on. Sure not many were on.

The day after though, Orgrimmar and SW were PACKED!

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, look at a calendar. If you're off Xmas Eve and Xmas Day and NY Eve and NY day you're already off 4 of the 10 work days in those two weeks. If you wanted, you could easily take 6 vacation days and have two full weeks off. Even if you just take the Monday of each week you get two five day weekends for the price of 2 vacation days. A lot of people will want to do that.

And, well, who says beta is even *ready*?

Yeah, the argument is pretty silly and doesn't even factor in that most people probably do not live in Mediterranean climate zones and probably don't even want to go outside in the summer. Same for the holidays really, how do you guys even survive x-mas when you are constantly that close to one another, besides not everyone has a giant ass family reunion every x-mas that lasts a couple of days. It's always funny how people still think in cliches of the 50's or overvalue their own situation compared to the rest.

@OP: "BUT THEY SIAD THYEI SO FART ALOONG!" Its mostly the immediate defense blizzard brought up after blizzcon, that stated they were further along than back in MoP. Also a few others claiming it looked all so ready in the 2 starting zones. It's mostly that, besides, I don't see that many people crying. One or two threads where most people are quite reasonable about the topic, no clue what spurred you on to make this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, the argument is pretty silly and doesn't even factor in that most people probably do not live in Mediterranean climate zones and probably don't even want to go outside in the summer. Same for the holidays really, how do you guys even survive x-mas when you are constantly that close to one another, besides not everyone has a giant ass family reunion every x-mas that lasts a couple of days. It's always funny how people still think in cliches of the 50's or overvalue their own situation compared to the rest.

@OP: "BUT THEY SIAD THYEI SO FART ALOONG!" Its mostly the immediate defense blizzard brought up after blizzcon, that stated they were further along than back in MoP. Also a few others claiming it looked all so ready in the 2 starting zones. It's mostly that, besides, I don't see that many people crying. One or two threads where most people are quite reasonable about the topic, no clue what spurred you on to make this one.
    Neither of you get it. It's not about whether there would be people to play. It's about Blizzard's staff availability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Neither of you get it. It's not about whether there would be people to play. It's about Blizzard's staff availability.
    The OP doesn't even mention Blizzard, he says there wouldn't be enough people to test the game, which is not true.
    As for Blizzard, I obviously agree, they take time off on Christmas, like any other company and there isn't enough staff to start a beta test, which is the time when they need everyone focused the most. That's not what the OP was saying, though.

Alot of people wont get that, they believe blizzard have some kind of super humans cyborgs who doesnt need to take a vacation off work. I bit of narcissistic behavior amon alot of players these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    who are you even kidding? people play all year round well the people you want beta testing do anyway.
    Are you reading impaired?

I never said I was refering to Blizzard employes, neither was the person I quoted. I made the same argument in another thread in fact, so calm down and think for a moment. Even the OP only stated it would be bad because "everyone is wanting to be with their family". True for the emplyees, because obviously people don't want to work on the holidays, but I took it in regards to the community, who supposedly would not play at all, which is bogus. I've met enough people on christmas eve, hell even on new years at 00:00 ingame, that this is in fact wrong.

Are you reading impaired?
    Maybe you are? Punctuation aside, nowhere did the OP specify he was talking about blizzard.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-12-17 at 07:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. You don't even have any indication the software is ready. Why the fuck worry about this? In two weeks we'll be past this.

And it doesn't matter how many players are around if no Blizzard staff is.

I don't think summer releases are as bad as people think they are, just that they're generally not as favourable as winter sales (because the christmas hype machine has people running about gifting shit for the sake of gifting shit.)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Yes people play all the time but Beta requires teams working on bug fixes, new client updates etc etc. Blizzard staff are most likely going to be on holiday as well. I expect we will see a beta soon after new year when everyone is back at work

It'd be really cool to get the beta open date as an xmas pressie
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    but..but..I want to play it already (or more likely read about it on mmo-champion, since I never get beta key)

- - - Updated - - -

totally agree, and actually I will have more time to play since no work for a week :P

WoD Beta starts January 7th, 2014.

If I'm wrong, I'm going to eat a hat and post a video of me doing it.