Explosive Shot "Snapshotting" (LnL reapplication/refresh)?

Just been wondering, I know Explosive Shot snapshots, but does it re-snapshot every time you cast it during a string of them during LnL - like, the DoT remains the same, it just grows stronger - if your trinks drop mid LnL-spam, do you lose the agility, or does the initial DoT you applied with trinkets up retain its agility modifier?

If it does not snapshot on the DoT, would it be wise to (say you got a lucky ES string), if your trinkets procced mid-spam, to let the buff drop, and then reapply it with 14k+ agility on it?

i did that research long ago, but i think u just spam es on lnl procs

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    i did that research long ago, but i think u just spam es on lnl procs
    That doesn't really answer the question, though. What did you find in your research? I'm quite certain you'd wanna be letting the DoT drop and reapply a trinket-amplified one if your trinks proc mid-spam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    That doesn't really answer the question, though. What did you find in your research? I'm quite certain you'd wanna be letting the DoT drop and reapply a trinket-amplified one if your trinks proc mid-spam.
    As you know Explosive shot overlaps these days instead of replacing the existing DoT like it did in Cata. This also means that the damage calculation for the second shot is independant of the first shot, so, the damage "added" to the rolling DoT from your second on third shot should use the AP from your trinket procc if it proccs mid-LnL.

Short answer, no you don't have to micro-manage ES to fit trinket proccs.

What Aranoch said. Explosive shot doesn't get "refreshed" the damage remaining from any tics of the prior shot are added to the total damage of the new shot.

No there is no way to lose any of the AP bonus from agi when spamming ES. No matter what happens or what you do the attack power multiplier can't be lost. For some maths see the end of the "Explosive Shot question" thread. I'll put in a link as soon as I have forum privileges to do so, or someone else can do it for me. There is one post that goes over how AP works with ES and another that covers why letting the DoT tick of before reapplying after a large agi modifier might be a good idea(but probably isn't). In summary when LnL procs just keep hitting ES until it goes on CD.