Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Guardian mastery needs to be reworked. Armor bonus (1) is boring, (2) has no impact on the active tanking rotation, (3) is severely diminished on fights with mostly magic damage, and (4) is often ignored for hard-hitting boss mechanics.

Instead, have mastery do two things:
    • Each time you use Frenzied Regen, you gain a stack of Empowered Savage Defense (stacks to 5). Using Savage Defense consumes the stacks and gives a 10 second damage reduction buff of X% per stack. Mastery increases X.
    • Each time you use Savage Defense, you gain a stack of Empowered Frenzied Regen (stacks to 5). Using Frenzied Regen consumes the stacks and gives 15 seconds of extra health. Mastery increases life gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Exactly, so what is it good for other than providing you with the fake feeling of having options?
    Remove symbiosis, remove 30 talents, give us similar defensive talents in the 30 row, make HotW baseline.
    Lvl 30 talents are fine. Ysera's gift gives steady throughput over time that tends to be higher then the other options, Renewal, while it needs either a healing buff (40-45%) or a CD reduction (90 seconds instead of 120), it fulfills its purpose of a huge burst-heal VERY well, and Cenerion Ward is a very decent middle ground. You can see a myriad of choices over all specs in a ton of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Make guardian less boring to play. Needs to be more dynamic.

Why so much Guardian bashing (heh)? If you're focusing heavily on your rotation you're missing out on half of the game imo, It's simple enough to do well enough with and has some depth that a good player can easily be seen. If you're paying a lot of attention to your priority but not watching the raid/encounter I think you're missing out on a good bit of game play.

I agree mastery is a bit too passive for Guardians, I appreciate it's value but it doesn't bring much thought to gearing. Something that played off of active mitigation like other tank masteries is preferable. A portion of SD granting armor as a base or % has been discussed, and is not a bad idea assuming they leer away from so many armor ignoring physical special attacks. I *miss* the old savage defense as a mechanic but don't think it is a necessity to have, something different could be cool.

HotW being baseline I can appreciate, though I'm a bit stuck on the 'loss' of bonus stats. (If everyone is special then nobody is)

Symbiosis is for sure a pain in my hide when my target won't settle down on what glyphs they're using, I don't think it's bad for gameplay, as even though many people stick with what they like, there are situational uses for the less common abilities that I find useful.

I cannot stand incarnation in it's current form, the fact it's on the global pushes me away already, the defensive aspect I almost completely ignore because of my gear level though.

Not feeling stuck on some talents because of convenience (or lack there of) would be nice. Situational is fine as long as it excels in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive Apathy View Post
    Symbiosis is for sure a pain in my hide when my target won't settle down on what glyphs they're using, I don't think it's bad for gameplay, as even though many people stick with what they like, there are situational uses for the less common abilities that I find useful.
    That's the beauty of Symbiosis, as is: it's an ability that gives us situational tools we'd otherwise not have, and we're not balanced assuming we have any of them. While it's not always an "zomg super amazing!" ability, it can provide utility/survival that's very good in the right situations (same can be said for the target of Symbiosis, but usually left often). Perhaps making some of the lesser-used abilities more appealing could be on the list, but if Symbiosis became on par with always having a moderately strong CD no matter who you picked, we run the risk of being balanced around it... meaning we'd have power taken away from some other aspect.

Anyways, I'm not going to comment too much on Guardians since I know changes are 99.98% likely to occur where I'd expect them to occur. Honestly, I'm okay with changes as long as we're still effective and desirable tanks.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Passive Apathy View Post
    Symbiosis is for sure a pain in my hide when my target won't settle down on what glyphs they're using
    Agree x10

Also I don't know if it is just glyph switching, when its progression and we are wiping I often have to recast it for every single attempt.