Atonement - Thok

Normally on thok i thought that i could heal the kiter by atonementing the boss. Yet today on heroic progressing on the boss i noticed that only the kiter was low on hp, fairly close to the boss, yet did not recieve a single heal from my atonement. I was not in range of the kiter.

Normally i was under the impression that it would smart heal anyone within 40yards of what i atonemented on. Today this did not happen. Have i been missinformed all along?

It did seem to work on normally, but not sure if that is the case now as we cleared off and well the boss just falls over.

/wryn

Should be lowest player within 40, It will show up in your logs for who it healed, Chances are someone else nearby needed them more. That or they were beyond 40 yards, Its not difficult to outrange him while kiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Should be lowest player within 40, It will show up in your logs for who it healed, Chances are someone else nearby needed them more. That or they were beyond 40 yards, Its not difficult to outrange him while kiting.
    He was standing right up against it (the fixate had just ended). He was the only low one as i just said, rest was keepd topped from the other healer. "Should be lowest player within 40" Just doesnt answere if its from me or the boss. Should be from the boss but ye.. seemed weird.

Atonement heals 30 yards from the enemy target. Heals from solace are 40 yards from the enemy target.

I would not rely on atonement to triage heal for you though. If you could post logs we could check to get a better idea of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by langning View Post
    Atonement heals 30 yards from the enemy target. Heals from solace are 40 yards from the enemy target.

I would not rely on atonement to triage heal for you though. If you could post logs we could check to get a better idea of what happened.
    My bad yes, 30 yards, got em mixed up.

Could be that its not from the floor level its 30 yards out so you gotta be real close to get the atonement. Anyway i don't have any logs from that day, i will make sure i get logs from it next time though. And no I'm not going to rely on it too much either now, its just a great tool to create a good vision as a rl.

Thok has a rather small hitbox compared to his size, atonement's 30 yards will start from his melee-able hitbox, not the circle you see.

I did some further testing and keepd an eye out. I noticed that no matter how hard i tried the one fixated would not be healed by atonement - as soon as the icon/fixate was gone they would recieve healing. Nothing im 100% sure about, ofc but it seemed very very much like it. Let me know if any are having the same experience or if im just weird :P

Since when? I'm sure I hit anyone within 40 yards of the hitbox (anyone who can hit the boss can be hit by atonement).

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Since when? I'm sure I hit anyone within 40 yards of the hitbox (anyone who can hit the boss can be hit by atonement).
    If I remember correctly this was updated in t14? The distance difference is also specified in the tool tip.

If I remember correctly this was updated in t14? The distance difference is also specified in the tool tip.
    The 30yard thingie is for the offensive part, which you can glyph for 10 yard +. It heals 40 yards away as always, just go test it vs some mob, keep at a 40 yard distance and gain that atonement healing guaranteed.

The tooltip on atonement says nothing about how far away the healing goes.

Are you sure your atonement just isn't hitting him for much???

Atonement healing is nice but I wouldn't depend on it to keep anyone up that needs a heal. It could be hitting him for like 10k or something silly....making it very unlikely to notice on a 800-900k hp bar + MAYBE proc a divine aegis shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariame View Post
    Are you sure your atonement just isn't hitting him for much???

Atonement healing is nice but I wouldn't depend on it to keep anyone up that needs a heal. It could be hitting him for like 10k or something silly....making it very unlikely to notice on a 800-900k hp bar + MAYBE proc a divine aegis shield.

How can this be true?

1. He is progressing HC so he is definitely geared well thus having a large amount of int and most likely crit so his atonement will never heal for that low shy of some dps/healing reduction
    2. Discs version of triage healing is atonement healing obv it wont be 100% reliable but mostly if not all people are topped during the kite phase, using atonement is going to be better than chasing the person kiting (depending on the strat).