Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just curious, how do they ban ip's doesn't your ip address change rather frequently?
    Quote Originally Posted by moiz View Post
    That is why i actually posted over here, the answer that i can get from an official will be the most authenticated

Thank you for your feedback, would you mind telling me which tunneling service did you use? i want to try that out, there are few ( i dont intend to mention names ) which were Okayish, but didnt give me the result against what i am paying for. Thailand isnt far from my place, i usually get 250ms+ most of the time and it shoots up to 400ms,
    No worries. I don't really want to advertise for one or another and I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not here so I won't. I've used a few in the past and you can find them pretty easily by searching for them with Google. A lot of the time they also offer a trial account, so you can use their service for a few minutes before it disconnects you just to see if it'll improve your latency.

250ms+ without tunneling is pretty decent. You can probably shave a few ms off that with a tunneling service if you think it'll make a difference. Best to try it out and see for yourself, and if you have any doubts, you can always give the Blizzard hotline a ring or send a ticket and ask if they're ok with it. They're really helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    1) DO WHAT YOU ARE AT SCHOOL FOR
    2) PLAY FROM THE SERVER YOU ARE INTENDED
    Some schools (that have housing) block WoW ports (on purpose or accidentally because of too strict rule sets) and people are playing these games on their off hours after studying, in addition to that there are some cellphone operators that offer 3G/4G connections that block "non-standard" ports even though their service does not explicitly forbid gaming or other activity.

Second of all there are no rules that say you cannot play on a server that isn't in your region - would you like to point out to me the part of WoW ToS that somehow magically forbids people from playing on US<->EU for example? Indeed, you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    To toss this into the mix here - I definitely recommend that accounts have an authenticator set up so that in case an account is locked down by us for appearing that it's being accessed exploitively, we can quickly and expediently verify that the account was secure.
    Dear Sir or Madam

My question to you is this: why is it that accounts WITH authenticators get banned by blizzard's "smart" system for logging in with ip addresses not matching the address info on their battle.net account? shouldn't having an authenticator and entering the code at login flag your account as you regardless of the ip the account is being accessed from.

Best regards,
    -guy who always had an authenticator and had to send his id and a piece of mail to unlock his account anyway
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

Playing games through a VPN or Proxy will generally give you awful latency. If you're using VPS/VPN to shield yourself from DDOS attacks (if you're a streamer for example) just force web browsers, skype and other problematic programs to connect via the VPN while games can do it without so you don't have to deal with the latency bump.

There literally isn't any other good solution for this, so I cannot imagine why someone wouldn't get their account unlocked if you email them and explain your situation. I bet this is just another automated function to deal with gold farmers and similar scumbags that don't want to be pinpointed.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-12-24 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    No worries. I don't really want to advertise for one or another and I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not here so I won't. I've used a few in the past and you can find them pretty easily by searching for them with Google. A lot of the time they also offer a trial account, so you can use their service for a few minutes before it disconnects you just to see if it'll improve your latency.

250ms+ without tunneling is pretty decent. You can probably shave a few ms off that with a tunneling service if you think it'll make a difference. Best to try it out and see for yourself, and if you have any doubts, you can always give the Blizzard hotline a ring or send a ticket and ask if they're ok with it. They're really helpful.

Please, if you dont mind. can you pm me those links,

Yes i googled and came across few, but still want to know if they are the same or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moiz View Post
    Alot of people said that their accounts got banned because they were either using proxies or VPNs.
    so

1)How many of you faced this problem
    I doubt that anyone faced this problem.
    Your internet connection is none of blizzards concern and they can't just ban you for using proxy.
    Obviously they can lock your account for suspicious activity. And they do this and fail 999 times out of 1000 and lock the real owners. But sometimes they actually block goldsellers using stolen accounts. Well, as we can see in the game it's not very efficient anyway...

If you really was "banned", like permaban or for a specific number of days for violating eula - tell us your story, because it's pretty hard to believe that it can happen.
    Last edited by Fiana; 2013-12-24 at 12:36 PM.

my original point was Account lock, i wrote banned because i found many threads on battlenet forums, people were saying that their accounts got banned.

I've used VPN on my computer to connect to the University network folders from home (to access my work stuff) and I don't always remember that I'm logged on via VPN when I open WoW. And sometimes I'm already logged in so if I have to put VPN on, I have to relog again, which could potentially look like I'm logging in from a different location within seconds. I've only done that a couple of times but haven't had issues (I did wonder if it could look suspicious, because I'm not sure how those things are tracked). I do have an authenticator.

I've been IP banned from western servers THREE times for "economy exploitation". The response given from support was I was auto flagged due to my location. I used a tunneling service sometimes, and occasionally I'd login and forget to turn it on. Didn't happen every time I forgot but I often had forced password resets.

Deleted
    they want to block the vpn system because bliz is best friend with nsa. vpn makes u more invisible

Don't troll threads with conspiracy theories
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-12-26 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    they want to block the vpn system because bliz is best friend with nsa. vpn makes u more invisible

actually, you are wrong =)

Deleted

just showed a friend my infractions and found this thread.
    i got infracted for conspiracy... in fact we (now) know (atleast in germany) that a lot of companies are best freinds with NSA!
    even our political leaders! for example: google, gmx, telekom, vodafone... next to every telecomunication enterprise has an NSA scandal

just wanted to point that out. if your media is not free, dont blame the users on this forum for conspiracy.

apart from this i think NSA is important...

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use VPN sometimes to access the game , never got banned for it but my account gets locked everytime i use a new IP (Which can be unlocked by security question and stuff)

So here's an infraction for conspiracy theories.

And yet, over in the "What's with all the bans" thread, users are posting conspiracy theories right and left, and...

Nothing.

We don't have to discuss what we can see with our own eyes.