Page 1 of 2
LastLast

hunter trinkets

so i currently got:
    AoC lfr version
    haromms flex version
    Ted norm
    and rampage norm

so im wondering which would be the highest dps? im guessing aoc + ted atm untill i can get haromms on norm? + ofc get the aoc on norm too eventually

Surv/BM?

Surv: AoC + Haromm's

BM: AoC + TED

Deleted
    Above is incorrect. Take the AoC lfr and TED normal for both specs. The LFR haromms will not be close to the Normal TED even for SV. TED isn't terrible for SV, and it is actually a better trinket in aoe situations if you can snapshot powerful stings on a lot of adds.

Till u get normal haromms, stick with AoC/TED for both specs. And use AoC/TED for BM regardless. I'm not sure how the rampage will do, but I can't see it beating out the other trinkets unless it's a very heavily aoe fight, such as galakras.

I have pretty crap trinkets and atm I am using warforged Sigil...but its great for boss fights like Garrosh...all the Cleave..

I use Normal TED over Heroic haroms, I never liked those proc % dmg trinkets and I feel the extra secondaries I get is a lot more valuable. Also the equip bonus is far better for burst, also a small proc chance advantage and I can clearly see my dps goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I use Normal TED over Heroic haroms, I never liked those proc % dmg trinkets and I feel the extra secondaries I get is a lot more valuable. Also the equip bonus is far better for burst, also a small proc chance advantage and I can clearly see my dps goes up.
    If you're SV TED is a DPS loss over Haromm's even at the same item level, seen in every Sim run on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I think you're vastly underestimating how much damage Haromm's does, and overestimating how much benefit you're getting from TED.

I really dislike TED even for BM, much less SV. I know it's very slightly better, but Haromm's is consistent and requires no additional thought. TED can be amazing or total crap, depending on when it procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think you're vastly underestimating how much damage Haromm's does, and overestimating how much benefit you're getting from TED.

I really dislike TED even for BM, much less SV. I know it's very slightly better, but Haromm's is consistent and requires no additional thought. TED can be amazing or total crap, depending on when it procs.
    That explains a lot - I just switched from normal Haromm to normal TED and running some LFRs last night (to earn VP to finish upgrading it) sometimes I did about normal DPS and sometime I did _WAY_ more DPS than it felt like I ought to have. I assume that was the TED. I should probably grab a Weak Aura config for its procs. "OMG SPAM NOW" etc.

If you're playing SV you should absolutely use Haromms. If BM use TED. Whether or not you like damage procs like that other guy said is entirely irrelevant, Haromms is still the superior SV trinket.

The only reason BM doesn't use Haromms as well is because pet attacks can't proc the multistrike, otherwise TED wouldn't even be in any discussions.

As SV Haroms flex version adds to around ~4.5% of my total DPS. I personally hate agi inc/dec. trinks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Above is incorrect. Take the AoC lfr and TED normal for both specs. The LFR haromms will not be close to the Normal TED even for SV. TED isn't terrible for SV, and it is actually a better trinket in aoe situations if you can snapshot powerful stings on a lot of adds.

Till u get normal haromms, stick with AoC/TED for both specs. And use AoC/TED for BM regardless. I'm not sure how the rampage will do, but I can't see it beating out the other trinkets unless it's a very heavily aoe fight, such as galakras.
    I think he was a bit unclear, and he was stating that as survival you want to aim for AoC+haromm's, and for BM AoC + TED.

I personally believe that AoC+ Haromm's is best, since you have to be a bit lucky with TED or always keep track on when it proccs. Easier to go with haromms+AoC, and it should be rising progressively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    I think he was a bit unclear, and he was stating that as survival you want to aim for AoC+haromm's, and for BM AoC + TED.

I personally believe that AoC+ Haromm's is best, since you have to be a bit lucky with TED or always keep track on when it proccs. Easier to go with haromms+AoC, and it should be rising progressively.
    Haromms + AoC is definitely better for SV overall, agreed. TED does have more potential on aoe situations than Haromms though, but still wouldn't be a huge difference. Single target Haromms easily wins. It's actually worth noting that depending on fight length Haromms + TED can be a good trinket setup for SV, due to the spec not being as CD heavy as BM. Really comes down to, will it cause you to miss a stampede or not?

Deleted
    Haromms + AoC is definitely better for SV overall, agreed. TED does have more potential on aoe situations than Haromms though, but still wouldn't be a huge difference. Single target Haromms easily wins. It's actually worth noting that depending on fight length Haromms + TED can be a good trinket setup for SV, due to the spec not being as CD heavy as BM. Really comes down to, will it cause you to miss a stampede or not?
    I personally do enjoy being able to keep my black arrow all the time. So I would continue using haromms + AoC

I did some sims a while ago, and Flex haroom > normal TED as SV, this was with both trinkets upgraded 8 ilvls, and a average ilvl of 572

Deleted
    best thing to do to work out if an item is an upgrade is use www.femaledwarf.com or simulation craft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by svettleif View Post
    I did some sims a while ago, and Flex haroom > normal TED as SV, this was with both trinkets upgraded 8 ilvls, and a average ilvl of 572
    Could you show your results? That seems completely incorrect. TED isn't that bad of a trinket as SV, I would actually be surprised if even a normal Haromms would surpass a Heroic TED.

Could you show your results? That seems completely incorrect. TED isn't that bad of a trinket as SV, I would actually be surprised if even a normal Haromms would surpass a Heroic TED.
    sorry, i didn't save them as it was only for myself. but if remember correctly it was around 4k dps gain using flex haroom over normal ted.

Deleted
    Although I have no sims or anything to back it up with (for obvious reasons as I'll explain in a moment), I sometimes have the feeling I should stick with my flex Haromms over heroic Ebon Detonator for Survival. Ticking Ebon Detonator really is a terrible trinket just because of how it works mechanically.

I know there is no way my flex Haromms will outperform my heroic Ebon Detonator which I can see in both sims and actual tests in-game, but I just have this weird feeling about it. But personally I would probably use a normal Haromms over heroic Ebon Detonator along with Murder of Crows instead of the Blink Strikes I'm using at the moment.

this is some-what on / off topic, does BM become better than SV if you can get your hands on a heroic detonator?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omnii View Post
    this is some-what on / off topic, does BM become better than SV if you can get your hands on a heroic detonator?
    Not really. Both specs are relatively equal single target (with BM having a lot less RNG involved)

Spread out targets or a lot of movement fights, SV will win out. Clumped up AoE included in the fight, BM should win.